Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Also, looks like Detroit is rumored to be looking for late-inning relief. I'm curious if Marmol fits, in addition to a third team involved to suit their other needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    Also, looks like Detroit is rumored to be looking for late-inning relief. I'm curious if Marmol fits, in addition to a third team involved to suit their other needs.
    I really hope Marmol for Porcello could materialize. The more starting pitchers the better. Then come spring training of Garza proves healthy they have more options. They can go with young talent to build the farm system or go for a major league bat to produce a solid team in 2013. Something does need to happen. We need some action.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    The Tigers also supposedly want a right-handed hitting OF. Maybe we could get the Nationals involved, as they have Morse. I think the Nationals are looking for a lefty reliever as well. A framework could look something like this, but our bullpen would be losing a lot:

Cubs get: Porcello

Tigers get: Marmol, Morse

Nationals get: Russell +

I want Porcello on the Cubs, but that move wouldn't leave us with much in the bullpen. We have signed so many relievers to minor league deals, that at least 1 should pan out, and have young guys that could fill in as well. Still think we should have held on to Beliveau.
    Last edited by Cubsfan365; 01-14-2013 at 01:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    The Tigers also supposedly want a right-handed hitting OF. Maybe we could get the Nationals involved, as they have Morse. I think the Nationals are looking for a lefty reliever as well. A framework could look something like this, but our bullpen would be losing a lot:

I want Porcello on the Cubs, but that move wouldn't leave us with much in the bullpen. We have signed so many relievers to minor league deals, that at least 1 should pan out, and have young guys that could fill in as well. Still think we should have held on to Beliveau.
    That would also give us Garza, Shark, Jackson, Porcello, Baker, Feldman, Villanueva, and Wood to fill out the rotation, meaning we'd either need to adopt some type of piggybacking system or send a few to the pen.

vCash
    Villanueva, Feldman, and even Wood could all throw for the pen. Not to mention trading Garza or Samardzija for a big haul of prospects. Garza and Baker are coming back from injury as well so starts might be had that way.

The 2014 rotation then has Samardzija/Garza??, Jackson, Porcello, Wood, Villanueva to work with.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-14-2013 at 02:30 PM.

vCash
    No way Feldman's getting 7MM to sit in the pen.

vCash
    Feldman will at least start the year in the rotation. From my understanding, he was practically promised a rotation spot. Hoyer does not want to build a bad reputation, as he's stressed the importance of having players wanting to play for the Cubs.

vCash
    ABTY7 made a point of mentioning that the Cubs discussed the possibility of an extension with one of either Feldman or Baker if things are going well during the season. Can't look it up from my phone, but it was one of the two.

vCash
    I'm sure the Justin Upton thing has already been beaten to death, but what would you guys offer/what would you think it would take to land him?

Based on Seattle's alleged offer, I'm guessing it would take one of Vizcaino/Johnson/Underwood, Baez, Marmol and Russell for Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    ABTY7 made a point of mentioning that the Cubs discussed the possibility of an extension with one of either Feldman or Baker if things are going well during the season. Can't look it up from my phone, but it was one of the two.
    It was both.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post

Why do we need to get the nationals involved to give the Tigers a right handed bat. What is wrong with giving the Soriano?

vCash
    Mets could also use Marmol. Seeing that they worked out Wilson they are in need for a setup guy or closer. So they could be one team to ship Marmol too. Dont know what the Mets have in their system or roster that would be fair value for Marmol?

I also am on board for Marmol for Porcello.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It was both.
    Both in an either/or situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILarado View Post
    No way Feldman's getting 7MM to sit in the pen.
    That's about the price for a premium set up man this offseason, which it has been suggest Feldman could be if starting goes wrong.

That said, he's the least likely of the three to be in the pen and the most likely to open the year in the rotation.

Edit, also it's 6 with incentives to 7 IIRC.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-14-2013 at 04:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Why do we need to get the nationals involved to give the Tigers a right handed bat. What is wrong with giving the Soriano?
    Well, I believe Soriano has said he only wants to go to an East coast team, and that's not the Tigers. He might change his mind since Detroit should be a contender, but that's TBD.

Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast