Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by g737 View Post
    I'd rather hold onto Baez and wait a year and make a push for Stanton or Price than go after Upton now.
    Yeah, I'm pretty there on that situation. Best o' da best.

vCash
    If you've got Arizona on the phone with an offer you think improves your organization, you don't punt on it because you think maybe another guy or two might be available next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    If you've got Arizona on the phone with an offer you think improves your organization, you don't punt on it because you think maybe another guy or two might be available next season.
    I understand that... but I'm not that high on Upton and personally think he's a by product of a hitters ballpark and is being massively overvalued.

vCash
    That's a whole other story. I'm not 100% sold on Upton either, but waiting on Price or Stanton has nothing to do with it.

vCash
    Are you suggesting they get talent when it's available for a fair price? Psh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by g737 View Post
    I'd rather hold onto Baez and wait a year and make a push for Stanton or Price than go after Upton now.
    If you can guarantee we can get either next offseason, Id agree.

vCash
    Touché. I suppose using them as specific examples was a little optimistic on my part, I'm merely saying that I think Baez is more valuable as a future trading piece in general rather than selling him off early for Upton. There's obviously always going to be a bust factor with prospects so that's a risk, but I think Baez's upside will carry his value over for the next year, even if he has a slow season.

In other words, I'd rather use Baez in a future trade for a player (or players) who may be better than Justin Upton, which there certainly will be since Upton is by no means an elite player

vCash
    By the way, welcome aboard g737!

vCash
    i think the either or is Stanton or Price... If you can get upton using Shark and not Baez.
    Upton's NTC to cubs makes me not so optimistic. in that i dont think we would offer as much as an ATL given that we would also have to give Upton more $.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    i think the either or is Stanton or Price... If you can get upton using Shark and not Baez.
    Upton's NTC to cubs makes me not so optimistic. in that i dont think we would offer as much as an ATL given that we would also have to give Upton more $.
    Trading a quality pitcher for a good RF with some question marks seems kind of weird to me. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it but I question whether that's the best way to try and get Upton.

vCash
    Upton is considerably overrated both across baseball and on this forum in my own opinion. I'm just not into that one. Upton's WAR dips every other year aren't too serious a concern, but they shouldn't taken too lightly either. I wouldn't include Samardzija in any deal for Upton if our #1 prospect is going too.

vCash
    Interesting that the national media guys are all saying Seattle dodged a bullet and that the package they were giving up was too much.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    Interesting that the national media guys are all saying Seattle dodged a bullet and that the package they were giving up was too much.
    So long as the package has a top prospect it's what they always say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Upton is considerably overrated both across baseball and on this forum in my own opinion. I'm just not into that one. Upton's WAR dips every other year aren't too serious a concern, but they shouldn't taken too lightly either. I wouldn't include Samardzija in any deal for Upton if our #1 prospect is going too.
    if we got corbin or skaggs i would think about it.

vCash
    Why do you guys think ARI is so willing to deal Upton? Something smells funny to me.

Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast