Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Upton blocked trade to seattle.
    Very eager to see the details. Get a good idea on the type of value they're expecting for him.

vCash
    ^+ wounder why Upton blocked the trade? Did he want the M's to give him more cash for himk to accept it or did he just not wanna play in that stadium 81 games. I know we are in his no trade team list, hopefully if we ever do make a move for him he wouldnt deny us.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    ^+ wounder why Upton blocked the trade? Did he want the M's to give him more cash for himk to accept it or did he just not wanna play in that stadium 81 games. I know we are in his no trade team list, hopefully if we ever do make a move for him he wouldnt deny us.
    I would never want to go to Seattle. That park is where hitters go to die. Upton would be costing himself tens of millions of dollars if he went there.

vCash
    Sounds like Arizona was going to get one of Walker/Hultzen/Paxton, as well as Nick Franklin, Charlie Furbush, and Stephen Pryor.

vCash
    There's gaps in between Walker, Hultzen, and Paxton. That's the order I would put them in and Walker is well ahead.

That said, personally I really like Hultzen.

vCash
    Isn't Seattle moving the fences in this year?

vCash
    Huge gap bewteen Walker and Paxton. If I'm a Diamondback fan and I could have gotten Walker/Franklin/Furbush/Pryor I'm kind of annoyed right now that Upton turned that down.

vCash
    I thought trading for Upton wasn't a good idea but if that's legit the price for him, or at least the neighborhood, you've gotta be on it.

vCash
    Cubs, Mariners, Blue Jays, Red Sox the four teams on Uptons No-Trade list per Jerry Cransick's twitter accnt.

vCash
    Edit : http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/sc...mer-in-arizona

Quote:
    The deal would have sent three or four players back to Arizona, according to CBSSports.com sources. Included among those players would have been relievers Charlie Furbush and Stephen Pryor, minor-league shortstop Nick Franklin and, likely, one of three minor-league starting pitching prospects: Right-hander Taijuan Walker, lefty James Paxton or lefty Danny Hultzen.
    Last edited by ZamboniCub; 01-10-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Fixed link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Isn't Seattle moving the fences in this year?
    Yep. Citi Field is as well.

vCash
    If that's honestly the deal that would have gone through, doesn't Baez plus some interesting spare parts(say, Cabrera, Lake, and Szczur) get you Upton? Assuming of course Towers values Baez like the industry does. You HAVE to make that deal.

I'm assuming Heyman's wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    If that's honestly the deal that would have gone through, doesn't Baez plus some interesting spare parts(say, Cabrera, Lake, and Szczur) get you Upton? Assuming of course Towers values Baez like the industry does. You HAVE to make that deal.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Sources: #Mariners offered four players for #DBacks' Upton. One of Walker/Hultzen/Paxton, plus Franklin and Furbush, then Pryor or another.
    Either Rosenthal is just repeating what Heyman said or heard the same thing. Hard to tell when he just says Sources.

On a side note do you cash in on Baez now or wait another season and try and use him to bring back David Price? Think I would much rather have Price than Upton.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post

That Cub package isn't even comparable. Sickels has Walker at #5, Hultzen at #7, Franklin at #16 and Paxton at #57. So worst case scenario DBacks get #16 and #57 and best case they get #5 and #16 and that's not to mention two electric pen arms.

vCash
    i have a gut feeling the braves are gonna get him now.

Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast