Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    After what McKay has done for Soriano I'm not so sure he could not help Morse.
    That's very true, I overlooked that. However, I still think it's kind of a pipe dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    That's very true, I overlooked that. However, I still think it's kind of a pipe dream.
    Maybe but man I would love that power output.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Soriano does still have quite a bit of athleticism. I'm not sure I could say the same for Morse and his 6'5" 245 lbs frame.

vCash
    Maybe but man I would love that power output.
    Wow, I didn't know he was as old as he is; he'll be 31 in March. It's also concerning that he's only played 100+ games twice in his career. But over his 2011 season and his ISO and wRC+.

vCash
    McKay and Soriano thing is so overplayed...Soriano's been a competent OFer almost every year he's been a Cub and was a really good OFer with the Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaser 3 View Post
    You wouldn't trade a AA player that's blocked at the MLB level by Castro and Barney for a player at a premium position where we have a great need? To me, a deal sending Lake and Russell to SD for Headley is a no brainer.
    I would trade lake in a part of a package that netted us headly.I'm just saying i would but not for morse. I truly think that lake will be good and if not better than castro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    McKay and Soriano thing is so overplayed...Soriano's been a competent OFer almost every year he's been a Cub and was a really good OFer with the Nationals.
    agreed

vCash
    I don't think you can argue that McKay didn't make him more efficient. His defense has always been criminally underrated, but this past year it was on a higher level.

vCash
    Soriano's D (and unbelievable arm) were always overlooked because people focused on his freaking hop and random mental mistakes. He's always been more than competent out there and honestly I thought he should've been in the conversation for GG in LF this season. McKay helped maximize what was in there, but he's always been above average out there (damn whatever the metrics say)

vCash
    Soriano also gets hit with a lazy tag by the meatballs of the world because he took a large sum of money from us fans and our best friends the poor, trounced upon owners. Robbed us blind without even a hint of an apology!

vCash
    It also doesn't help that for whatever reason Soriano's strides undersell that he has pretty decent speed. He kind of looks like he is ***** footing but, that's just how he runs.

vCash
    He's like a majestic gazelle out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    No just no Gato. Anyone can teach one to shag flyballs...however learning the proper read on said ball is totally different. He taught him how to be and OF not a second basemen playing the OF.
    Last edited by ABE32; 01-09-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Soriano has never been half as bad in LF as Cubs fans like to believe. Awkward-looking runner + very visible gaffes outweighed ignorance over the fact that most LFers are basically just boulders with gloves taped to them.

vCash
    No just no Gato. Anyone can teach one to shag flyballs...however learning the proper read on said ball is totally different. He taught him how to be and OF not a second basemen playing the OF.
    Oooooh when you put it that way I still see it as a major oversell. He's been one of the best defensive LFers in baseball since he moved there, including arguably the best arm of the bunch.

Page 23 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast