Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We've added quite a few pointlessly good players in a year in which we have no chance to compete. We're getting dangerously close to actually having a chance to compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Concerning draft signings, joeby231 was able to report when players were scheduled to be in Chicago to take physicals and/or report to Arizona. Both Marlin Bystro and ABTY7 were able to provided similar corroboration, but that information is tremendously difficult to come by unless you have a source.

Here's joeby's only post where he directly mentions Cespedes, 2/12/12:
    I was thinking of this one, where he doesn't really say anything for certain so I can't pin this against him obviously:
    Cubs/Cuba: Sounds like all three might sign. The trifecta.
    And to put some names to the topics he's been wrong about, it was Hickman (last year) and Ricky Jacquez (year before) that he had said were signing, which didn't. Along with Darvish obviously.

Oh well though. Hopefully he's right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RammyFanny View Post
    I was thinking of this one, where he doesn't really say anything for certain so I can't pin this against him obviously:

And to put some names to the topics he's been wrong about, it was Hickman (last year) and Ricky Jacquez (year before) that he had said were signing, which didn't. Along with Darvish obviously.

Oh well though. Hopefully he's right.
    So youre saying hes got a 50/50 chance of being right? Oh well, at least its something to talk about.

vCash
    I've heard the Cubs are exploring the option of pursuing Diaz as a third baseman. Take it for what it's worth, but I certainly think it lends creedence to joeby's info.

vCash
    Anymore news regarding Bourn and the Cubs. Someone posted earlier about the Cubs supposedly being in the lead for him, but I have not seen anything else besides that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    We've added quite a few pointlessly good players in a year in which we have no chance to compete. We're getting dangerously close to actually having a chance to compete.
    Omg bro you can't just....

Still need at least one OFer.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-06-2013 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Towely611 View Post
    Anymore news regarding Bourn and the Cubs. Someone posted earlier about the Cubs supposedly being in the lead for him, but I have not seen anything else besides that.
    Not much man. Some speculation that we're still after him/leading for his services. But, honestly it's been VERY quiet on him lately. I'd expect that to change fairly soon though.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Could really use an ABTY update ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Not much man. Some speculation that we're still after him/leading for his services. But, honestly it's been VERY quiet on him lately. I'd expect that to change fairly soon though.
    Might be telling us that Bourn is waiting out offers in hopes he can sign with a contender or get closer to the money he was originally asking for, which could lead you to guess that The Cubs may currently be in the lead for his services. Who knows if this is at all true but I like to pretend this is the case...

vCash
    Isn't today, the 7th, the anniversary of the Rizzo trade?

vCash
    Boras has no problem waiting things out until he gets the money he wants for his clients. That's why he's known as "Mr January".

Happy Anniversary Rizz!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    honestly does anyone here think the return on Garza would be small enough to justify trying to talk an extension rather than trade him early? I mean sure if we can't get a deal done by the trade deadline then you do what you gotta do but is the return going to be any bigger in ST than at the deadline?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    honestly does anyone here think the return on Garza would be small enough to justify trying to talk an extension rather than trade him early? I mean sure if we can't get a deal done by the trade deadline then you do what you gotta do but is the return going to be any bigger in ST than at the deadline?
    The return will be bigger because whichever team he is traded to can make him a qualifying offer and net a draft pick. The only way his value goes up towards the deadline is if he pitches lights out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    That all is dependent on what he does in ST. If he shows up in shape and pitching well enough in ST he will be dealt. If he shows up unable to throw or severely limited then your best bet would be to then try and extend him. Because then the packages in return would be very low compared to what they want for him.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    The return will be bigger because whichever team he is traded to can make him a qualifying offer and net a draft pick. The only way his value goes up towards the deadline is if he pitches lights out.
    Traded players don't net compensation picks. I don't know if that applies to a player thats traded before opening day, but if it doesn't then he's most valuable until he pitches a game for us.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast