Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

notice how i credit the original author...
    i thought you could relate to the empty and simple part regarding thought.
    40% of all americans worry about things they cant control you cant control what I say or do. Im sorry that I offended you but its a whole alot easier to copy and paste .I wouldnt worry about me plagerising your thoughts or any other posters Im a just a diehard cubfan trying to relate with like minded people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RammyFanny View Post
    I don't think it's that hard when you know how much we are emphasizing it.
    Concerning draft signings, joeby231 was able to report when players were scheduled to be in Chicago to take physicals and/or report to Arizona. Both Marlin Bystro and ABTY7 were able to provided similar corroboration, but that information is tremendously difficult to come by unless you have a source.

Quote Originally Posted by RammyFanny View Post
    I feel like he was off on Cespedes as well, though I may be making that up.
    Here's joeby's only post where he directly mentions Cespedes, 2/12/12:

This isn’t an either/or scenario regarding Cespedes and Soler. Soler is a done deal. It amazes me to see everyone’s take on a player they have never play, including myself, this guy has been scouted heavily for years, so I trust our front office and believe the Cubs are the frontrunners. Also RIP Whitney Houston, never a big pop music fan but she had staggering talent and died way to young.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-06-2013 at 04:55 AM.

vCash
    I can't wait till we get some Bourn news one way or another. This one has been tough to gauge and I'm very interested to see how it turns out.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Joeby231, 12/29/12:

Joeby231, 1/5/12:
    Are these tweets? If so, could I get a link so's I may follow? Thank you Yags and I love you.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Are these tweets? If so, could I get a link so's I may follow? Thank you Yags and I love you.
    No, not tweets. They're comments belonging to a member of the SB Nation sites. If joeby231 has a Twitter handle, then I don't know it. He was asked if he had an account at least once before and never responded.

As an aside, and he could have been joking about the second part, he wrote the following in respect to Diaz:

Seems like Red Sox and Dodgers are heavily involved but the Concepcion signing leads to another get.

Concepcion is the Cubs Cuban liaison.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-06-2013 at 05:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Around $700,000, yes, but Diaz won't count against the budget. Teams can offer him whatever they like.
    No reason not to get this guy then. On a side note, I wonder if there is anyone left that we can even spend our 700k on. (that's worth it that is)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Rangers get: Justin Upton, Alfonso Soriano

D'Backs get: Jeff Samadrzija, Jurickson Profar, Josh Vitters, Brett Jackson

Cubs: Matt Davidson, Leonys Martin, Martin Perez, Neil Ramirez, Luke Jackson?

Who wins?
    I personally believe that Towers destroyed any leverage he ever had with regards to Upton. They clearly don't want the guy and theres no way he'd fetch what he could have a year ago, even disregarding his performance

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    No reason not to get this guy then. On a side note, I wonder if there is anyone left that we can even spend our 700k on. (that's worth it that is)
    We had 450k of it spent, but they guy was killed. There are always pop up guys and we have until July 1st to sign. Just read yesterday about a lefty that throws 94 and reminds some of Pettitte in some ways. He's available now. Pretty solid OFer still out there too. The Cards just had a 900k signing within the last month, fairly rare, for this time of year. But with the age of these kids, big gains get made, and players stocks go way up.

vCash

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Cubs will consider trade offers for Matt Garza if the righty shows in spring training that his elbow is healthy.
    With the signings of Edwin Jackson, Carlos Villanueva, Scott Baker and Scott Feldman, the Cubs suddenly have some rotation depth, which could allow them to deal Garza for help elsewhere. The team has mentioned signing Garza to an extension in the past, but they might decide that getting prospects for him during spring training or at the trade deadline would be the better course of action. The veteran righty is coming back from a stress reaction in his right elbow, but he's been cleared to resume throwing and the Cubs anticipate him being ready for Opening Day.
    -rotoworld
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    ^ Cafardo always breaking the big news.

vCash
    He's still trying to figure out a way Boston might be able get get him for Theo compensation compensation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    He's still trying to figure out a way Boston might be able get get him for Theo compensation compensation.
    Maybe with the recent rumblings I've been reading about Garza and Ellsbury, Theo can convince his old pal Cherington to agree to a swap centered around the two. The Cubs could offer DeJesus to fill in for Ellsbury in Boston in 2013 and toss in Brett Jackson (Or Matt Szczur if need be) as a possible longterm replacement.

This, of course, would all be contingent on Ellsbury agreeing to an extension.

CF Ellsbury
    SS Castro
    1B Rizzo
    LF Soriano
    3B Stewart
    C Castillo/Navarro
    RF Schierholtz
    2B Barney

Samardzija
    Jackson
    Feldman
    Villanueva
    Wood
    (Baker)

That team should float along until the deadline at just below .500, at which point all 6 of your starting pitchers (sans Shark maybe) should be trade bait for younger pieces. Stewart will eventually be supplanted by Baez and/or one of the 3 V's (Vitters/Valbuena/Villanueva). Schiertholtz should be a decent placeholder until another core outfielder is signed/traded for or when Almora/Soler is ready. I'd trade Barney if it meant landing a superstar type player, but for now I don't mind him hitting 8th with excellent defense.

My bad if this has already been suggested/discussed. I've only skimmed through these threads.
    Last edited by Anomalied; 01-06-2013 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    I like Ellsbury. 0% chance he signs an extension before he hits FA.

vCash
    Yeah, might as well just wait and try to sign him next offseason

vCash
    Garza, DeJesus and Jackson for a year of Ellsbury in which we won't compete (because there is literally not a chance he signs an extension) Nope...

Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast