Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 cubs convention

The convention is fast approaching. Who is all going to attend and what do you think will be different this year being that they changed venues from the Hilton to the Sheraton.

vCash
    I'm not going to the convention but ill be at the woodys winter warm up meet and greet on jan 18th. I highly recommend it!
    06.19.05 - we'll miss you man

J.D.: It's the kid inside of us that keeps us all from going crazy.
    "I teach Sunday school, mother ****er!" - Steven Cobert

vCash
    anyone hear of who might be there?

vCash

2013 cubs convention

Current cub players and the usual cast of vets?

vCash
    "Whether this is your first Convention or your twenty-eighth, you won't want to miss the chance to check out the new atmosphere at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers as Starlin Castro, Anthony Rizzo, Jeff Samardzija and Darwin Barney are joined by more than 50 former, current and minor league Cubs. Help us kick off the 2013 Cubs season during Convention weekend on January 18-20, 2013!"

vCash
    I'll be there all 3 days, first time going since 2002.

vCash
    CCO has a summary of Wally Hayward's conversation with Bruce Levine on Talkin' Baseball:

One of the changes [to the Cubs Convention] that Wally Hayward discussed is there will be a new, larger opening ceremony. The fans will be closer and the players will be introduced in a runway type setting, instead of above the large crowd on the balcony at the Chicago Hilton. Hayward mentioned current and former players will be in attendance as well as the coaching staff and front office.

Hayward added the players he has spoken to are excited about coming to Chicago for the convention. Current players such as Starlin Castro, Anthony Rizzo, Alfonso Soriano, Darwin Barney, Jeff Samardzija, Matt Garza, James Russell, Tony Campana, Welington Castillo, David DeJesus, Scott Baker, Scott Feldman and Kyuji Fujikawa are expected to attend as well as the top 10 prospects in the Cubs’ system … which is a nice and welcomed change from previous years. Over the last six conventions there have been a handful of minor league players in attendance, but not the prospects that are considered to be the ten best in the organization.

The Cubs have a ‘Family Feud’ game planned with the players, Jeopardy, Bingo Night and an Autograph Hunt with the players involved in the game. There will also be a replica of the Cubs’ TV booth set up with video of two games. Fans can call the action, and then post their play-by-play call on YouTube or on Facebook.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Maybe those of you attending the annual Circle Jerk should turn the tables and take this attitude.

And some of you think we Cubs fans are too hard on our team and don't have a right to 'boo.'

Maybe if we took a little more of this attitude, the ownership would better understand the meaning of "a sense of urgency" and start giving the paying customer a better value proposition.
    There are two factions of Cubs fans. Ones that live it, and ones that only visit it. The former are incredulous, while the latter are the problem.

vCash
    Hammy Sosa:

Go Cubs

vCash
    I wish I could go. I have to go to ******* Wisconsin for hockey. Maybe next year.

vCash
    Im going to wait till the cubs are contenders to go to the convention. That would make the experience so much better.
    Cubs and Bears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BUD Bleachers View Post
    Maybe those of you attending the annual Circle Jerk should turn the tables and take this attitude.

And some of you think we Cubs fans are too hard on our team and don't have a right to 'boo.'

Maybe if we took a little more of this attitude, the ownership would better understand the meaning of "a sense of urgency" and start giving the paying customer a better value proposition.
    Give me your season tickets. I'll trade you for a Yankees hat.

vCash
    Tentative list of scheduled attendees in alphabetical order:

Scott Baker, Ernie Banks, Darwin Barney, David Bell, Joe Bohringer, Chris Bosio, Randy Bush, Shawn Camp, Starlin Castro, Tony Campana, Welington Castillo, Steve Clevenger, David DeJesus, Rob Deer, Jim Deshaies, Theo Epstein, Scott Feldman, Kyuji Fujikawa, Matt Garza, Todd Hollandsworth, Jed Hoyer, Pat Hughes, Randy Hundley, Brett Jackson, Edwin Jackson, Ferguson Jenkins, Len Kasper, Carlos Marmol, Dave McKay, Jason McLeod, Keith Moreland, Dioner Navarro, Dave Otto, Jamie Quirk, Shiraz Rehman, Laura Ricketts, Pete Ricketts, Todd Ricketts, Tom Ricketts, Anthony Rizzo, James Rowson, James Russell, Jeff Samardzija, Judd Sirott, Lee Smith, Alfonso Soriano, Ian Stewart, Lester Strode, Dale Sveum, Billy Williams, Tim Wilken, Kerry Wood and Travis Wood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Tentative list of scheduled attendees in alphabetical order:

Scott Baker, Ernie Banks, Darwin Barney, David Bell, Joe Bohringer, Chris Bosio, Randy Bush, Shawn Camp, Starlin Castro, Tony Campana, Welington Castillo, Steve Clevenger, David DeJesus, Rob Deer, Jim Deshaies, Theo Epstein, Scott Feldman, Kyuji Fujikawa, Matt Garza, Todd Hollandsworth, Jed Hoyer, Pat Hughes, Randy Hundley, Brett Jackson, Edwin Jackson, Ferguson Jenkins, Len Kasper, Carlos Marmol, Dave McKay, Jason McLeod, Keith Moreland, Dioner Navarro, Dave Otto, Jamie Quirk, Shiraz Rehman, Laura Ricketts, Pete Ricketts, Todd Ricketts, Tom Ricketts, Anthony Rizzo, James Rowson, James Russell, Jeff Samardzija, Judd Sirott, Lee Smith, Alfonso Soriano, Ian Stewart, Lester Strode, Dale Sveum, Billy Williams, Tim Wilken, Kerry Wood and Travis Wood.
    I appreciate you organizing all the names in alphabetical order

vCash
    I want to meet Kyuji Fuji. He seems like the man.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast