Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    So you don't think Ross will be productive in 2014 and 2015?

Tell me who you're going to sign instead?
    Productive enough to warrant his contract? No.

Lets see:
    Michael Morse
    David Murphy
    Coco Crisp
    Martin Prado
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Carlos Gomez
    Carlos Beltran
    Shin-Soo Choo
    Nelson Cruz
    Corey Hart
    Hunter Pence
    Ichiro Suzuki

Those are all names of potential 2014 free agent OF's that can be as productive, or more, than Cody Ross.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post

Lets see:
    Michael Morse
    David Murphy
    Coco Crisp
    Martin Prado
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Carlos Gomez
    Carlos Beltran
    Shin-Soo Choo
    Nelson Cruz
    Corey Hart
    Hunter Pence
    Ichiro Suzuki

Those are all names of potential 2014 free agent OF's that can be as productive, or more, than Cody Ross.
    Problem 1: Potential free agents.

Problem 2: Other teams will be trying to sign them, too. They won't all be sitting around waiting for offers from the Mets.

Problem 3: They won't all be the type of value that the Mets are looking for. So scratch some more off the list.

Problem 4: We need three outfielders. No way we get 3 out of 1 draft class. We should have started by filling at least one of those holes this off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Problem 1: Potential free agents.

Problem 2: Other teams will be trying to sign them, too. They won't all be sitting around waiting for offers from the Mets.

Problem 3: They won't all be the type of value that the Mets are looking for. So scratch some more off the list.

Problem 4: We need three outfielders. No way we get 3 out of 1 draft class. We should have started by filling at least one of those holes this off-season.
    By giving Cody Ross three years? I just disagree with that. Maybe you just have a higher opinion of him than I do.

vCash
    By giving Cody Ross three years? I just disagree with that. Maybe you just have a higher opinion of him than I do.
    Nah, I wouldn't have gone for Cody Ross. I'm just saying, there were/are other guys out there. It's really pathetic when Scott Hairston is an upgrade over ALL of your outfielders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Nah, I wouldn't have gone for Cody Ross. I'm just saying, there were/are other guys out there. It's really pathetic when Scott Hairston is an upgrade over ALL of your outfielders.
    WHO? Specifically, who? We can't afford Bourn or Hamilton. Who is left?

vCash
    Same arguments different thread
    #oneatatime

vCash
    WHO? Specifically, who? We can't afford Bourn or Hamilton. Who is left?
    We should have been able to afford either one of them, with all of the contracts we have been dumping for years now.

Swisher, Pagan, BJ Upton, Victorino, Choo, Hairston, etc. All of these guys are better than any outfielder on our roster. I'm not saying 1 in particular, but you have to be kidding me if you can't find a single name that fits.

vCash

Lets see:
    Michael Morse
    David Murphy
    Coco Crisp
    Martin Prado
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Carlos Gomez
    Carlos Beltran
    Shin-Soo Choo
    Nelson Cruz
    Corey Hart
    Hunter Pence
    Ichiro Suzuki

Ichiro can be more productive than Ross?

Stoic Sentry has answered this for me really.

vCash
    Ichiro can be more productive than Ross?

Stoic Sentry has answered this for me really.
    No he didn't. He used the "we should be able to afford" blah blah blah argument. Guess what? We can't afford them, and that's on the Wilpons, not Sandy. You asked me who else we could sign, and I gave you quite a long list.

And yes, Ichiro can absolutely be as productive as Cody Ross considering he is an elite defender and base-stealer. Nice to see you ignored the other 50 names I gave. But if you disagree, fine, then look at the other 11 names.

vCash
    No he didn't. He used the "we should be able to afford" blah blah blah argument. Guess what? We can't afford them, and that's on the Wilpons, not Sandy. You asked me who else we could sign, and I gave you quite a long list.

And yes, Ichiro can absolutely be as productive as Cody Ross considering he is an elite defender and base-stealer. Nice to see you ignored the other 50 names I gave. But if you disagree, fine, then look at the other 11 names.

He answered it perfectly well, and he's 100% right.

I can look at names till i'm blue in the face and so can you, they won't sign any of them, or enough of them.

Do you think they're refinancing yet again so they can buy baseball players?

vCash
    He answered it perfectly well, and he's 100% right.

I can look at names till i'm blue in the face and so can you, they won't sign any of them, or enough of them.

Do you think they're refinancing yet again so they can buy baseball players?

Again, that's on the Wilpons. Sigh, just forget it.

vCash

Again, that's on the Wilpons. Sigh, just forget it.

Exactly, so what's the point in defending them and their puppet GM?

vCash
    Exactly, so what's the point in defending them and their puppet GM?
    For the millionth time, I'm am NOT defending the Wilpons. I am defending Alderson. You are attacking the Wilpons and constantly antagonizing Alderson in every post. And all you're doing is repeating the same thing over and over. There are gaping holes in your logic against Alderson, and quite frankly I don't see how I could have made that any clearer. So we'll agree to disagree.

But I will admit this: Sandy does lie. I know that. I know we're punting the 2013 season. But hell, what GM's are completely honest? What the **** do you expect him to say when asked if the team will be competitive in 2013?

vCash
    For the millionth time, I'm am NOT defending the Wilpons. I am defending Alderson. You are attacking the Wilpons and constantly antagonizing Alderson in every post. And all you're doing is repeating the same thing over and over. There are gaping holes in your logic against Alderson, and quite frankly I don't see how I could have made that any clearer. So we'll agree to disagree.

But I will admit this: Sandy does lie. I know that. I know we're punting the 2013 season. But hell, what GM's are completely honest? What the **** do you expect him to say when asked if the team will be competitive in 2013?

Sandy has been in on it from the get-go. I don't appreciate that.

What annoys me is that people will defend the Mets inactivity till the cows come home.

vCash
    Sandy has been in on it from the get-go. I don't appreciate that.

What annoys me is that people will defend the Mets inactivity till the cows come home.
    And what annoys me is people don't realize that spending money on mediocre complementary players when no prominent core exists will kill your team in the long run. Obviously, that is, unless you have a massive budget like we USED TO have. But that isn't the case anymore. Accept that, or honestly, find a new team to support.

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast