Then you're wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Then you're wrong.
    No I'm not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    No I'm not.
    Hypothetically just for sake of argument lets say the Mets have money to spend going forward would what they are doing right now as a team (rebuilding) not be the right course of action for this franchise?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hypothetically just for sake of argument lets say the Mets have money to spend going forward would what they are doing right now as a team (rebuilding) not be the right course of action for this franchise?

I want to see them spend some money. This austerity nonsense has gone on long enough. That's my position.

SA is all out of golden tickets, I will not agree with weakening the farm system to acquire pieces they should be paying for, and neither should any Mets fan.

vCash
    I want to see them spend some money. This austerity nonsense has gone on long enough. That's my position.

SA is all out of golden tickets, I will not agree with weakening the farm system to acquire pieces they should be paying for, and neither should any Mets fan.
    I agree...

If this team doesn't begin to spend money and make marketable improvements in the next 2 years Sandy Alderson should be fired.

He probably wont be (which is a different story altogether) but i don't think any Met fan has a problem with continuing this course as long as they look to get better sooner than later.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-08-2013 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    No I'm not.
    You have no proof or evidence to back up your absurd claim. Sorry, you're wrong.

vCash
    You have no proof or evidence to back up your absurd claim. Sorry, you're wrong.
    No I'm not.

vCash
    No I'm not.

Yes you are.

vCash

Yes you are.

No i'm not!

vCash

So, sign a player for the sake of signing them. Next up, Scott Hairston, and maybe Jon Rauch too? Pleased if it happens?
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    So, sign a player for the sake of signing them. Next up, Scott Hairston, and maybe Jon Rauch too? Pleased if it happens?

I don't agree it's for the sake of signing them.

What happened in Oakland after TLR and the money dried up?

vCash

Why do you say that, this team still has a few left.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    No.
    I didn't think so.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I don't agree it's for the sake of signing them.

What happened in Oakland after TLR and the money dried up?
    Then you will be pleased because according to SA this AM:

He suggested the Mets likely would add one or two players on major league deals before pitchers and catchers report to Port St. Lucie, Fla., on Feb. 11.

“We came into the winter meetings with 38 or 37 [players on the 40-man roster]. We understood we had limited roster space after we added, I think, six or seven players to our roster before the Rule 5 draft,” Alderson said. “We’ve been careful to protect those spots. But I would suspect one or two of them will be used by the time we get to spring training.
    Based on rumors, Scott Hairston is more likely to resign with the Mets than sign with the Yankees.

What's TLR? Anyway, Oakland has finished 1st or 2nd in their division something like 11 times since 1999, and been in the post-season 6 times. They have done pretty well since the money ran out
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast