Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 619
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Can you provide a link, thanks.
    No.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    No.
    Then you're wrong.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Then you're wrong.
    No I'm not.

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,911
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    No I'm not.
    Hypothetically just for sake of argument lets say the Mets have money to spend going forward would what they are doing right now as a team (rebuilding) not be the right course of action for this franchise?

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hypothetically just for sake of argument lets say the Mets have money to spend going forward would what they are doing right now as a team (rebuilding) not be the right course of action for this franchise?

    I want to see them spend some money. This austerity nonsense has gone on long enough. That's my position.

    SA is all out of golden tickets, I will not agree with weakening the farm system to acquire pieces they should be paying for, and neither should any Mets fan.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,911
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I want to see them spend some money. This austerity nonsense has gone on long enough. That's my position.

    SA is all out of golden tickets, I will not agree with weakening the farm system to acquire pieces they should be paying for, and neither should any Mets fan.
    I agree...

    If this team doesn't begin to spend money and make marketable improvements in the next 2 years Sandy Alderson should be fired.

    He probably wont be (which is a different story altogether) but i don't think any Met fan has a problem with continuing this course as long as they look to get better sooner than later.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-08-2013 at 06:54 PM.

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    No I'm not.
    You have no proof or evidence to back up your absurd claim. Sorry, you're wrong.

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You have no proof or evidence to back up your absurd claim. Sorry, you're wrong.
    No I'm not.

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    No I'm not.












    Yes you are.

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post












    Yes you are.

    No i'm not!



  11. #326
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,055
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I want to see them spend some money. This austerity nonsense has gone on long enough. That's my position.

    SA is all out of golden tickets, I will not agree with weakening the farm system to acquire pieces they should be paying for, and neither should any Mets fan.
    So, sign a player for the sake of signing them. Next up, Scott Hairston, and maybe Jon Rauch too? Pleased if it happens?
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    So, sign a player for the sake of signing them. Next up, Scott Hairston, and maybe Jon Rauch too? Pleased if it happens?

    I don't agree it's for the sake of signing them.

    What happened in Oakland after TLR and the money dried up?

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I want to see them spend some money. This austerity nonsense has gone on long enough. That's my position.

    SA is all out of golden tickets, I will not agree with weakening the farm system to acquire pieces they should be paying for, and neither should any Mets fan.
    Why do you say that, this team still has a few left.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    No.
    I didn't think so.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,055
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I don't agree it's for the sake of signing them.

    What happened in Oakland after TLR and the money dried up?
    Then you will be pleased because according to SA this AM:

    He suggested the Mets likely would add one or two players on major league deals before pitchers and catchers report to Port St. Lucie, Fla., on Feb. 11.

    “We came into the winter meetings with 38 or 37 [players on the 40-man roster]. We understood we had limited roster space after we added, I think, six or seven players to our roster before the Rule 5 draft,” Alderson said. “We’ve been careful to protect those spots. But I would suspect one or two of them will be used by the time we get to spring training.
    Based on rumors, Scott Hairston is more likely to resign with the Mets than sign with the Yankees.

    What's TLR? Anyway, Oakland has finished 1st or 2nd in their division something like 11 times since 1999, and been in the post-season 6 times. They have done pretty well since the money ran out
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •