Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Michael Morse is available now, and the Mets actually match up with the Nats......
    Not a Morse fan honestly. Has nice pop, but no plate discipline and is a very poor outfielder. Sure, he would be an improvement over the garbage we currently have, but I wouldn't waste any trade chips on him.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Not a Morse fan honestly. Has nice pop, but no plate discipline and is a very poor outfielder. Sure, he would be an improvement over the garbage we currently have, but I wouldn't waste any trade chips on him.
    Not even if it costs something like Carson/Edgin and a smaller prospect?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I also remember being told in 2010, that by 2013, we'd be competing, I also heard that about 2011 and 2012.

Sandy is all out of golden tickets now, the Mets have to spend or this 'rebuild' will grind to a halt.

The way I look at it, they will have two options next off-season: either they make significant investments in the team, or, this whole thing is going to come toppling down on them.

If you look at it from that perspective, it's good news.

The fans are at the limit. Every year there are more and more of us turning against them. As you know, I'm new to that this year. More will follow.

So if they don't invest next off-season, they won't be fooling anyone. We will be looking a full-scale fan mutiny, and MLB will be forced to step in.

vCash
    I also remember being told in 2010, that by 2013, we'd be competing, I also heard that about 2011 and 2012.

Sandy is all out of golden tickets now, the Mets have to spend or this 'rebuild' will grind to a halt.
    Who told you that, Alderson?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    The way I look at it, they will have two options next off-season: either they make significant investments in the team, or, this whole thing is going to come toppling down on them.

If you look at it from that perspective, it's good news.

The fans are at the limit. Every year there are more and more of us turning against them. As you know, I'm new to that this year. More will follow.

So if they don't invest next off-season, they won't be fooling anyone. We will be looking a full-scale fan mutiny, and MLB will be forced to step in.

I wish I could believe it were that simple. That either way, we win. Sorry, but these creeps and their enabler will scrap tooth and nail to keep the team by any means necessary.

Getting rid of them will take more than one more nothing off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    2 reasons.

Because between 2012 and 2013, we will have graduated our top 3 prospects in Wheeler, Harvey and D'Arnaud.

Also because we only have 1 trade chip left in Santana, so we can't replenish it like we did with Beltran and Dickey, or like we had a chance to do with Reyes, K-Rod, etc.

I don't know, maybe some of these A ball pitchers we have will develop, that might help us.
    In a year or two Becerra and Rosario might be top 100 prospects, as well as Gavin Cecchini and Brandon Nimmo or any others they draft or acquire. Let's wait and see.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Yes.
    Liar.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    2013 was never mentioned from what I remember. 2014 was always the year because that was the year we we free of all the large contracts.

vCash
    Liar.
    No, that's Fred and SA.

Over and over again.

vCash
    I wish I could believe it were that simple. That either way, we win. Sorry, but these creeps and their enabler will scrap tooth and nail to keep the team by any means necessary.

Getting rid of them will take more than one more nothing off-season.

As you know, it's been more than one nothing off-season. It's been 3, by my count. Next year would be the 4th.

Not just 3 nothing off-seasons, but 3 nothing off-season + dumping talent like Reyes, Beltran, Dickey, etc.

Also an important note is that if we don't make a major acquisition or three next off-season, our payroll will be like $45m. Right now it stands at $70-$90. Big difference for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    2013 was never mentioned from what I remember. 2014 was always the year because that was the year we we free of all the large contracts.
    This is why I have refused to form any concrete opinions of this current front office.

I will wait until the 2014 offseason to start forming my opinions about the direction of this team.

As of now, all I know is that they have some nice young pieces to build around, but also quite a few red flags with the whole money situation.

2014 shall be our reckoning.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    In a year or two Becerra and Rosario might be top 100 prospects, as well as Gavin Cecchini and Brandon Nimmo or any others they draft or acquire. Let's wait and see.
    True, we'll see. Feels like we haven't had too much movement at the bottom of our system for awhile now. Makes one skeptical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Perhaps, but I think if you asked us this question a few years ago, we might not expect them to be spending like drunken sailors but we would have probably expected the addition of a piece or two in free agency, here and there. Not a Bay or Santana like contract, but something for God's sake. Our additions have been guys like Francisco and Rauch.. meh..

vCash
    Yes.
    Can you provide a link, thanks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast