Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 619
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Why do you say that, this team still has a few left.

    No It doesn't.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Then you will be pleased because according to SA this AM:



    Based on rumors, Scott Hairston is more likely to resign with the Mets than sign with the Yankees.

    What's TLR? Anyway, Oakland has finished 1st or 2nd in their division something like 11 times since 1999, and been in the post-season 6 times. They have done pretty well since the money ran out

    What did SA's teams achieve the money ran out and Tony La Russa left? You were boasting about what he'd done while he was GM.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    15,955
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    What did SA's teams achieve the money ran out and Tony La Russa left? You were boasting about what he'd done while he was GM.
    New ownership ordered Alderson to slash payroll in 1995. As a result he began to focus on sabermetrics -- to find untapped and under appreciated value. You can't turn around a franchise on a dime unless you sign significant players en masse. That option was not available to SA in 1995 nor is it available to him now. The philosophy changed baseball, and Oakland has prospered since.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    New ownership ordered Alderson to slash payroll in 1995. As a result he began to focus on sabermetrics -- to find untapped and under appreciated value. You can't turn around a franchise on a dime unless you sign significant players en masse. That option was not available to SA in 1995 nor is it available to him now. The philosophy changed baseball, and Oakland has prospered since.
    Yeah, he did nothing without money or TLR.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    15,955
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Yeah, he did nothing without money or TLR.
    When the A's reached the W.S. for the first of three straight years during Alderson's tenure, their payroll was ranked 16th in MLB. The payroll climbed as they continued to have success, but he built the foundation of the team that went to the W.S. just barely in the lower half of all MLB payrolls.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,982
    vCash
    1500
    After reading through this thread, I've come to one very obvious conclusion. McFly literally does not know what he's talking about and makes outrageous claims that he can't back up. He just says something and expects everyone to think it's true.

    Dude, you really don't know what you're saying.


    ... and try not to have your normal response, something like "yes I do".... cuz that's really the best argument you have for everything because, well, you don't know what you're saying...

    you just like to ....

    YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP............................................... ..

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    After reading through this thread, I've come to one very obvious conclusion. McFly literally does not know what he's talking about and makes outrageous claims that he can't back up. He just says something and expects everyone to think it's true.

    Dude, you really don't know what you're saying.


    ... and try not to have your normal response, something like "yes I do".... cuz that's really the best argument you have for everything because, well, you don't know what you're saying...

    you just like to ....

    YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP............................................... ..

    Can't be said any better than this.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,619
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    After reading through this thread, I've come to one very obvious conclusion. McFly literally does not know what he's talking about and makes outrageous claims that he can't back up. He just says something and expects everyone to think it's true.

    Dude, you really don't know what you're saying.


    ... and try not to have your normal response, something like "yes I do".... cuz that's really the best argument you have for everything because, well, you don't know what you're saying...

    you just like to ....

    YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP............................................... ..


    Awesome!

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,923
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    After reading through this thread, I've come to one very obvious conclusion. McFly literally does not know what he's talking about and makes outrageous claims that he can't back up. He just says something and expects everyone to think it's true.

    Dude, you really don't know what you're saying.


    ... and try not to have your normal response, something like "yes I do".... cuz that's really the best argument you have for everything because, well, you don't know what you're saying...

    you just like to ....

    YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP............................................... ..
    This.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,429
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    Can't be said any better than this.

    ...and yet people cont to respond
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,923
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    ...and yet people cont to respond
    Here lies the main problem. And I'm as guilty of this as anybody.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,982
    vCash
    1500
    Now, I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone, but some people just post some ridiculous stuff...

    But anyways, I do like the direction we're going. We haven't actually attempted rebuilding in a really long time, actually I can't remember a time when we really did... and that kinda sucks considering we've had a lot more failed seasons then we did successful ones. One would think eventually somewhere along the time we try to rebuild instead of keep handing out these crazy contracts to guys like Perez, Castillo, and Bay... then still sucking... and trying again by signing another stupid deal, and then still sucking again... then creating a financial hole like we're in now and having to wait yrs until all these contracts go away.

    Hopefully guys like Harvey, Wheeler, and d'Arnaud turn out the way they are projected or at least close to it, and with Niese still improving and having Wright locked up and hopefully Ike filling his slugger potential, we could only be a couple good free agent signings away from competing in a year or two.

    Now if we finish next offseason signing no one to a MLB contract, I'll be PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEED OFF!!

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,851
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Now, I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone, but some people just post some ridiculous stuff...

    But anyways, I do like the direction we're going. We haven't actually attempted rebuilding in a really long time, actually I can't remember a time when we really did... and that kinda sucks considering we've had a lot more failed seasons then we did successful ones. One would think eventually somewhere along the time we try to rebuild instead of keep handing out these crazy contracts to guys like Perez, Castillo, and Bay... then still sucking... and trying again by signing another stupid deal, and then still sucking again... then creating a financial hole like we're in now and having to wait yrs until all these contracts go away.

    Hopefully guys like Harvey, Wheeler, and d'Arnaud turn out the way they are projected or at least close to it, and with Niese still improving and having Wright locked up and hopefully Ike filling his slugger potential, we could only be a couple good free agent signings away from competing in a year or two.

    Now if we finish next offseason signing no one to a MLB contract, I'll be PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEED OFF!!
    I think to some degree the assumption is among certain posters here is that Met fans are all stupid sheep that buy the drivel the Wilpons and SA sell. I think most of us are smart enough to know that ******** exists in all businesses to some extent not just with baseball team's hierarchy and that some of it is worth getting aggravated over and some of it is politician type rhetoric. Either way, even with their past failings, that really has nothing to do with what they do from here on in and the fact that this team has a better direction then it has had in quite a number of years is certainly something to build off of.

    As for the team, its rebuilding and picking up the Wheelers, D'Arnauds, and Syndegaards of the world were the right moves. Sandy deserves credit for making those moves and being able to get those type of prospects for aging stars.

    We know the Mets need to begin to start spending in the next offseason and offseasons thereafter if they have any chance to compete and i seriously doubt anyone here (aside from a couple of posters) will continue to justify this small market mentality if it creeps into 2014 and going forward.

    We all know the Mets will not win until they build a foundation (which they are) and build around that foundation with key FA and quality acquisitions through trade.

    That will obviously entail adding significant payroll.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-10-2013 at 05:13 AM.

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    We'll see who doesn't know what he's saying over the next few years...

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,851
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    We'll see who doesn't know what he's saying over the next few years...
    Yep i can't wait till 2014 and 2015 get here just so we can get this who is right **** over with already lol.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-10-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •