Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 619
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Up along first, behind the bag.
    Posts
    1,166
    vCash
    1500

    Rubin: Mets may be done adding in outfield

    http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...ty=newyork&wjb

    I don't believe there's even a proven fourth outfielder on the roster.

    What you see is what you get. It should be obvious by now, but some here still believe this is a conventional organization that values winning and makes a real effort.

    As usual, I expect plenty of excuses for ownership.

    Let's see..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Beacon, Ny.
    Posts
    1,936
    vCash
    1500
    This is all speculation on the part of Rubin..

    In the article it says that Alderson has not been fielding any calls or answering media's questions on potential outfield moves. Now... yes this could mean he has no next move, but this could also mean he's just not playing into the media at this point.

    There is still too much time in the offseason to believe this rumor.
    #oneatatime

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    370
    vCash
    1500
    Wow...Just WOW, We haven't addressed any of our needs at the ML level thus far and we've actually become WORSE by trading our best pitcher...Sandy was right We're NOT punting 2013...we're FORFEITING!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,998
    vCash
    1500
    Chill out guys.... what available OFer's do u think he should spend on? He made a great trade to get us two very good prospects. We have to rebuild.

    The last several yrs haven't worked. Time to rebuild and there's no one available right now that would help us contend for a WS in the next yr or even two so what's the point of wasting the money? I know he says we aren't punting the 2013 season but sure we probably are, but he can't say that..... realistically we won't compete until 2015 at the earliest. Maybe after next yr we'll sign someone who can help from 2014-2018 at least...

    No sense is signing a guy now for a couple yrs, just to still not come close to the playoffs and by the time we're ready to contend, that guy is gone anyway.

    Just suck it up and deal with the fact that we're gonna suck for another yr or two, and hope our young guys turn out good, then we can sign MLB players to add to the team. Now's not the time.

    Just enjoy watching guys like Harvey, Wheeler, and d'Arnaud develop.... plus the emergence of Ike hopefully of Ike.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 01-04-2013 at 10:22 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    54,750
    vCash
    1500
    Good, there's no one worth spending on, and I don't think now is the appropriate time to be trading good prospects for outfielders either. We need to see the development of Harvey, Wheeler, d'Arnaud, Gee, Davis, etc first.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    No need to worry because all of a sudden at the end of the season FA will be filled with quality FA's who will all want to be Mets and who won't want to be overpaid, and the Wilpon's are going to SPEND SPEND SPEND!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,756
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    No need to worry because all of a sudden at the end of the season FA will be filled with quality FA's who will all want to be Mets and who won't want to be overpaid, and the Wilpon's are going to SPEND SPEND SPEND!
    Of course not. The process will continue slowly with the right pieces added for the right reasons. SA isn't going to spend money frivolously regardless of whether or not it is there to be spent.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Of course not. The process will continue slowly with the right pieces added for the right reasons. SA isn't going to spend money frivolously regardless of whether or not it is there to be spent.

    Yeah, right.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    It's amazing how many of us are up early.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Holding the Coupons to account is a 24/7 job!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,173
    vCash
    1500
    freaking Sandy should be run out of town on a ten foot pole, he is a terrible G.M.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Up along first, behind the bag.
    Posts
    1,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Good, there's no one worth spending on, and I don't think now is the appropriate time to be trading good prospects for outfielders either. We need to see the development of Harvey, Wheeler, d'Arnaud, Gee, Davis, etc first.
    The Mets could have signed Cody Ross, Ryan Luwick, Juan Pierre and many others who are better than anyone the Mets have now without forfeiting a draft pick and well within the $20-$30 million in payroll they've reduced this year.

    Why exactly would this be a bad thing?

    Why do we need to see the development of Harvey, Wheeler, D'Arnaud, Gee, Davis, etc. first? If they continue to develop they'll need the help. If not how does that justify putting out the worst team possible?

    Remember, the Mets raised ticket prices again this year.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    freaking Sandy should be run out of town on a ten foot pole, he is a terrible G.M.
    If you're being serious, I have one quesiton to ask you.

    Why do you say that? He's been given very little work with and has accomplished his two biggest goals this year:

    - Resign David Wright
    - Trade or Resign Dickey and in our case, he traded him for more than what we we supposed to get.

    This has been a successful offseason by Sandy in my eyes. If you want to get mad at anyone, get mad at Wilpon.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,756
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    The Mets could have signed Cody Ross, Ryan Luwick, Juan Pierre and many others who are better than anyone the Mets have now without forfeiting a draft pick and well within the $20-$30 million in payroll they've reduced this year.

    Why exactly would this be a bad thing?

    Why do we need to see the development of Harvey, Wheeler, D'Arnaud, Gee, Davis, etc. first? If they continue to develop they'll need the help. If not how does that justify putting out the worst team possible?

    Remember, the Mets raised ticket prices again this year.
    Signing Ludwick a 34-year old OFer to a 2+1 year deal is a smart move? Ross also got a 3-year deal. Pierre may have been a smart move, absolutely, but SA apparently wasn't interested. I'm sure he had a reason.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Signing Ludwick a 34-year old OFer to a 2+1 year deal is a smart move? Ross also got a 3-year deal. Pierre may have been a smart move, absolutely, but SA apparently wasn't interested. I'm sure he had a reason.
    You can always always find a reason to do nothing, that's easy. That's what the Mets have been doing for the last 3-4 years.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •