Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Milestone passed today for the Grizz forum

Sometime today in the "Q Pon out indefinitely" thread , fadeaway or cyclone got the 10,000 th post for the Grizz forum. We have nearly tripled our posts in the past 21 months from when I took over as TM. There 's been some great discussions and new friendships made between Grizz fans and fans from other teams. We were lagging the most of all the other forums and still have a ling way to go to catch up, but we are getting there thanks to the team playing stellar ball the last 2 years and to dedicated Grizz fans.
    Way to go guys!! Let's keep on keeping on!
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    this is great news! I agree that we have a long way to go! We have about 5 grizz fans on the site but only 2-3 posters that regularly post. I would love to increase this to about 5-7 regular posters so we can have good conversations during gamethreads. I plan on plugging psd on the commercial appeals online newspaper articles about the grizz

vCash
    Sup guys

Been awhile since I've posted on here. The whole, you know, life thing has gotten in the way.

The Grizz section of this site is lacking so severely because of the strength of the main board. Everyone just uses the Grizzlies.com forum. I do too. Tons of really insightful fans over there. Even more dumb***es.

There's always been a special place in my heart for our little group here, though. I'll never stop popping in. I still snoop around here regularly - just rarely post.

While I'm at it - I see big changes coming on Beale St. Pera and Levien have been laying low, but if you have been paying attention, they've made it clear that they are looking to move toward analytical-based decision making. They've begun this process with the hiring of John Hollinger. And folks, it ain't gonna end there. Add that to the fact that this team has been a slight disappointment this year, and you've got a nice recipe for some spicy change soup.

If we don't make a deep run in the playoffs, I see Lionel Hollins, Chris Wallace, and one or more of the Big 4 (read: Gay and/or Z-Bo) being jettisoned. Heck, if Levien isn't impressed by the deadline in February, I could see some of these changes coming to fruition that early.

When new management takes over in the business world - no matter what business it is - they always want to bring in their own people. Whether this change in personnel is beneficial to the company is moot - change will happen regardless. It is no different in the basketball world.

So buckle down, friends. A new wave of Grizz basketball is coming. The last 10,000 posts were one helluva ride... The next 10,000 look to be the Zippin Pippin
    Last edited by I Am Awesome-O; 01-04-2013 at 05:27 AM.

vCash
    Great insight Awesome-O! I agree that changes may be made, but i dont see major changes like hollins, wallace, or any of our "big 4" leaving...this season. I think we could see a move for a shooter or another backup pg (if wroten's mins dont go up) but i dont see that much turbulance this season. I seriously think that last seasons playoffs were a fluke for us. We were better than the clippers, but flops added up big time. Now that the NBA has changed the thinking on flops, i see us making a serious run with the core we have

vCash
    Aaaaaaaand right on cue:

Those who subscribe to "The 5 Percent Theory” believe such fringe powers should go for it anyway, since very few teams each season even reach 5 percent territory. But the Grizzlies are about $4 million over the luxury tax, staring at a very expensive four-man core that, if left intact, could take Memphis over the tax line in this season and the following two. Three straight tax seasons wouldn’t trigger the dreaded repeater tax penalties, but that path would hamstring Memphis’ roster-building flexibility during those three years and could put the repeater penalties in play if the Grizz cross the tax later.

All of this explains why Memphis, over the last few weeks, has made it known in preliminary talks with other teams that Rudy Gay could be available via trade, according to sources around the league. Memphis also has a brand-new ownership and a revamped front office; John Hollinger and Jason Levien are in, longtime personnel gurus the Barones are out, and Chris Wallace’s current level of power as holdover GM is unclear. They can also cite their exciting 2011 playoff run without Gay, though that run involved a superhuman performance from Zach Randolph, a very good matchup in San Antonio, and a much deeper wing core with actual shooters.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...e-will-he-land

Haha.

vCash
    Yeah. I used to go on that board but it was so isolated from the rest of the NBA or sports world in general so I dedicated the extra time in my life to PSD. There were some posters here 4-5 years back that disappeared after tangling with other teams' posters. Got to man up ( or woman up) in here at times. They can get a little rough but usually just on the big forum. Mostly respectful here. Only had to edit once ... So far! So Awesome, I hope you can talk it up to a few of them and have them drop in from time to time.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!