Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Read more at http://www.espn.co.u

vCash
    He would get smashed by Cain. He also will not beat either Klitchko

vCash
    yea if they could only use their hands, otherwise cain murders him.

vCash
    lol Fury sucks

vCash
    Fury should have a talk with Toney before he shoots his mouth off. Boxers would beat any mma guy in boxing and mma guys would beat boxers in mma. Thats why it 2 different sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    Fury should have a talk with Toney before he shoots his mouth off. Boxers would beat any mma guy in boxing and mma guys would beat boxers in mma. Thats why it 2 different sports.
    Some boxers might lose to guys like The Diaz brothers, Anderson Silva, etc. Heck, plenty of MMA fighters have actual boxing wins. And same goes the other way. There have been boxers and kick boxers who've crossed over and seen some success. Fury likes to talk, so why not? He'd smash Cain boxing. And Cain would maul him in MMA. Then again, if Ray Mercer can KO Silvia, anything is possible.

vCash
    No, it's just a publicity stunt. Kinda like back when Dos Santos was gonna beat down Klitschko. We all know how that turned out for Dos Santos, right? He got punched TF around by a *wrestler* in the octagon. It's apparently the fasionable thing to do now, calling people out between the sports. I guess it works for publicity, 'cause here we are talking about it.

There's also the issue of what happens when a good boxer learns some take-down defence. They do pretty well, as Chuck Liddell's career will attest.

And do we need a li'l reminder of THIS?:
    http://youtu.be/A1M_PIFW4wI

'Not sure what Nick Diaz would say about how well MMA fighters do as pro boxers though...

What I think is funniest of all, is that Tyson Fury isn't calling out David Price. Chicken**** much? Pretty easy to call out for a fight that's very unlikely to ever happen. Not as easy when you might actually get your face punched out the back of your head.

And lastly, supposedly, Fury *IS* traning in BJJ and with MMA fighters (as Cotto and others have also done,) so who knows, maybe besides just the training, he's thinking maybe he'd like to have a go. But really, I think it's just running his mouth to get his name out there.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    No, it's just a publicity stunt. Kinda like back when Dos Santos was gonna beat down Klitschko. We all know how that turned out for Dos Santos, right? He got punched TF around by a *wrestler* in the octagon. It's apparently the fasionable thing to do now, calling people out between the sports. I guess it works for publicity, 'cause here we are talking about it.

There's also the issue of what happens when a good boxer learns some take-down defence. They do pretty well, as Chuck Liddell's career will attest.

And do we need a li'l reminder of THIS?:
    http://youtu.be/A1M_PIFW4wI

'Not sure what Nick Diaz would say about how well MMA fighters do as pro boxers though...

What I think is funniest of all, is that Tyson Fury isn't calling out David Price. Chicken**** much? Pretty easy to call out for a fight that's very unlikely to ever happen. Not as easy when you might actually get your face punched out the back of your head.

And lastly, supposedly, Fury *IS* traning in BJJ and with MMA fighters (as Cotto and others have also done,) so who knows, maybe besides just the training, he's thinking maybe he'd like to have a go. But really, I think it's just running his mouth to get his name out there.
    jds didnt call out anybody, he answered a question and said i believe if i train specifically boxing for a year for klitschko i can knock him out. cain and jds didnt have a boxing match, you see when a guy can take you down, kick you, you tend to worry about more than just his hands. also cain isnt just a wrestler he's very well rounded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    jds didnt call out anybody, he answered a question and said i believe if i train specifically boxing for a year for klitschko i can knock him out. cain and jds didnt have a boxing match, you see when a guy can take you down, kick you, you tend to worry about more than just his hands. also cain isnt just a wrestler he's very well rounded.
    His point is correct though. Guys talk about fighting guys in other sports all the time. Heck, Ricardo Mayorga was scheduled to fight Din Thomas up until the time he didn't show. Silva has talked of fighting Roy Jones Jr. Most guys aren't as caustic in calling guys out a Fury. But it's obviously nothing more than him looking for attention. It's worth noting he also thinks he should fight one of the Klitchskos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    . It's worth noting he also thinks he should fight one of the Klitchskos.
    Which is also a joke. He'd get hit so hard it'd look like
    The Excorcist out there.

I think the poster above missed my points. Meh. It happens.

FWIW, I'm a chick, btw. Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but it feels weird to get called "he" etc. No way you could have known so no biggie. Just... you know, for future reference.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Silva has talked of fighting Roy Jones Jr.
    To be fair, most everyone has fought Jones Jr. and those select few who haven't are likely scheduled to fight him in the not too distant future. Dude just doesn't know when to hang em up.

Love the hype, would love to see a series rubber match, will never happen.

Can't knock the athletes for making these comments or trying to cross over, but the two sports are instinctively different.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 01-05-2013 at 01:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Which is also a joke. He'd get hit so hard it'd look like
    The Excorcist out there.

I think the poster above missed my points. Meh. It happens.

FWIW, I'm a chick, btw. Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, but it feels weird to get called "he" etc. No way you could have known so no biggie. Just... you know, for future reference.
    Fair enough,

vCash
    Some boxers might lose to guys like The Diaz brothers, Anderson Silva, etc. Heck, plenty of MMA fighters have actual boxing wins. And same goes the other way. There have been boxers and kick boxers who've crossed over and seen some success. Fury likes to talk, so why not? He'd smash Cain boxing. And Cain would maul him in MMA. Then again, if Ray Mercer can KO Silvia, anything is possible.
    Lol no, Sylvia is garbage. He's not even a mixed martial artist, just a freakishly large guy with a long reach who likes to fight.

Can't believe anyone ever thought he was good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Lol no, Sylvia is garbage. He's not even a mixed martial artist, just a freakishly large guy with a long reach who likes to fight.

Can't believe anyone ever thought he was good.
    Yet he was UFC champion.

vCash
    Yet he was UFC champion.
    Haven't you heard that doesn't mean anything. Anybody can be the UFC champion.... Brock Lesnar was the UFC champion and we all know he is the worst fighter in the history of the universe. He won all of those gimme fights against Heath Herring, Randy Couture, Frank Mir and Shane Carwin. Anybody can beat those guys....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast