Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    It should, sometimes people forget.
    Whew what a relief, now we can all stop obsessing about Bargnani! lol.

Back on topic about Ross....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    He can dribble, he just isn't comfortable with it yet. As I said, he is a rookie, they take time to develop. Give him time dude, he's hasn't even gotten his feet wet yet.

He has all the tools, he just has to figure out how to use them.

Drummond right now is a super athletic garbage man, his offensive game is so raw. He's a good rebounder, but so is Reggie Evans.

Both will have good careers, not sure what the big deal is.

I'm not sure if your a Ross hater or just angry that BC didn't pick Drummond.

Ross will be a good player man, I'm happy we got him.

The Drummond nut hugging by Raptors fans is getting out of control, either become a Piston fan or just except that we didn't get him and move on...

Edit: Not trying to be rude, I just don't see the point looking in hindsight.
    You're mixing up me and Champ. I don't really care about missing out on Drummond...right now anyway lol

I just wouldn't hesitate to trade Ross for a Gay/Iggy.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    You're mixing up me and Champ. I don't really care about missing out on Drummond...right now anyway lol

I just wouldn't hesitate to trade Ross for a Gay/Iggy.
    I have no problem giving up talent to improve the team but are Gay and Iggy even difference makers with their own clubs? Really? that's my reservation about the SFs that are out there. Why mortgage the future for someone who may or may not be greatj for the franchise? We've seen disappointment with this franchise before when they brought in ok greatness if you know what I mean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I have no problem giving up talent to improve the team but are Gay and Iggy even difference makers with their own clubs? Really? that's my reservation about the SFs that are out there. Why mortgage the future for someone who may or may not be greatj for the franchise? We've seen disappointment with this franchise before when they brought in ok greatness if you know what I mean.
    But what is it that the trade would be mortgaging? Is Ross really going to provide anything superior to what Gay will?

I completely understand that making lateral moves, and bandaid solutions have plagued this franchise since Colangelo came in. I am firmly against it. That being said, I think Gay is someone who is entering his prime, can play defense, create his own shot, and is just as athletic as Ross at a position of need.

vCash
    But what is it that the trade would be mortgaging? Is Ross really going to provide anything superior to what Gay will?
    Well he's younger and cheaper and not bad at all. He has some promise and could be very good, based on a great attitude and a hunger to improve. He has a lot of physical talent. The combo is very exciting for us fans who have seen a big 7 footer throw away his potential over the last 7 years. I hear you about the league picking apart Ross' flaws. I think a few of us said that earlier in the thread or somewhere else. It always happens.

I completely understand that making lateral moves, and bandaid solutions have plagued this franchise since Colangelo came in. I am firmly against it. That being said, I think Gay is someone who is entering his prime, can play defense, create his own shot, and is just as athletic as Ross at a position of need.
    Agree with all those things but has he even been a difference maker for his own team?

vCash
    Well he's younger and cheaper and not bad at all. He has some promise and could be very good, based on a great attitude and a hunger to improve. He has a lot of physical talent. The combo is very exciting for us fans who have seen a big 7 footer throw away his potential over the last 7 years. I hear you about the league picking apart Ross' flaws. I think a few of us said that earlier in the thread or somewhere else. It always happens.

Agree with all those things but has he even been a difference maker for his own team?
    Memphis is extremely well rounded. Their PG, SF, PF, and C are all better than the Raptors. I think if you pair Lowry - DeRozan - Gay - Davis - Valanciunas, you have the ability to make the playoffs in the east. Then again, are we just looking to becoming that 8th seed or contenders. Gay, in my humble opinion, would become the most talented Raptor.

Frankly speaking, in this era of superteams, unless the Raptors are getting a top 5 payer, it really won't matter in the bigger scheme of things.

vCash
    Memphis is extremely well rounded. Their PG, SF, PF, and C are all better than the Raptors. I think if you pair Lowry - DeRozan - Gay - Davis - Valanciunas, you have the ability to make the playoffs in the east. Then again, are we just looking to becoming that 8th seed or contenders. Gay, in my humble opinion, would become the most talented Raptor.

Frankly speaking, in this era of superteams, unless the Raptors are getting a top 5 payer, it really won't matter in the bigger scheme of things.
    You make a lot of good points. That's why I have NO expectations of these Raptors. We are where the Grizzlies were about 5-7 years ago and look how long it has taken that team to find a way to contend.

Yes, Gay would be the best Raptor but at this point in development that's not saying a lot. We have so far to go and badly need to keep developing patiently. Gay would help, no doubt, I just don't know how much.

vCash
    You make a lot of good points. That's why I have NO expectations of these Raptors. We are where the Grizzlies were about 5-7 years ago and look how long it has taken that team to find a way to contend.

Yes, Gay would be the best Raptor but at this point in development that's not saying a lot. We have so far to go and badly need to keep developing patiently. Gay would help, no doubt, I just don't know how much.
    Sooooo essentially we ought to be in #TankForWiggins mode? I predicted at the end of last season that there would be two more losing seasons before the team got better. Maybe I should practice patience for what I preach lol

I suppose holding on to all assets and trading them for Wiggins would be better

vCash
    Sooooo essentially we ought to be in #TankForWiggins mode? I predicted at the end of last season that there would be two more losing seasons before the team got better. Maybe I should practice patience for what I preach lol

I suppose holding on to all assets and trading them for Wiggins would be better
    If it was that easy I'd say do it. But as we know it's not. Tanking usually fails. Ask the Bobcats.

vCash
    I think the addition of Gay is a franchise changing move. Yes the success may not happen right away or this season but in 2-3 years. Him and Lowry in the next couple of years are great add ons that can grow with the core.

It is a dream to get a Wiggins type player but that would be near to perfection preparation of tanking and extreme luck in getting the no.1 pick in the lottery.

Unless BC is not convinced that Val and Ed are the future front court combo of this team then Millsap or Jefferson are good options.

Calderon is at his highest trade value right now, I hope BC does not miss out before he gets injured again.

Sell high on him while its too late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    I think the addition of Gay is a franchise changing move. Yes the success may not happen right away or this season but in 2-3 years. Him and Lowry in the next couple of years are great add ons that can grow with the core.

It is a dream to get a Wiggins type player but that would be near to perfection preparation of tanking and extreme luck in getting the no.1 pick in the lottery.

Unless BC is not convinced that Val and Ed are the future front court combo of this team then Millsap or Jefferson are good options.

Calderon is at his highest trade value right now, I hope BC does not miss out before he gets injured again.

Sell high on him while its too late.
    How is Gay a franchise changing move? If anything, he'll jack up more shots on a terrible team and completely deflate his percentages within a month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    How is Gay a franchise changing move? If anything, he'll jack up more shots on a terrible team and completely deflate his percentages within a month.
    Damn we are discussing something out of topic here. Let me go to the trade ideas thread.

vCash
    There is no way that you can trade Ross i have been very impressed by him so far. He has a lof of tools and with some coaching and time he has the chance to be very good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Maybe. But missing out on a superstar will take a while to get used to, even if Ross ends up being a good player.
    Drummond a superstar? that's a little premature don't you think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    Drummond a superstar? that's a little premature don't you think
    Seriously.

They guy is force fed dunks and put backs. There's nothing really special about his game except his hustle and the willingness to go get those boards. It's all instinct right now. We'll see in a few years and plus, Monroe is there, who is a great up and coming center right now. Monroe is a sure thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast