Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Did you just say Lang sucks

Captain Negativity reporting for duty.

EDS seems like a stopgap to me still. I don't think he's ever much. I have faith Sherrod can hit. Possibly even Datko. People write off Datko but he was on the PS and everything, I think that's a mistake. Keep an eye on him there. He has a shot. At worst we have a borderline average LT. Probably more like borderline top 20 but yeah. It's not like he's complete horse ****.
    I think this might be one of the first times we'e agreed on a few things in one post.

I agree about Lang, while I think Sitton had a down year I still think he is our best lineman with Lang being second and Bulaga 3rd.

I think when Rodgers talked on his radio show about mentality he was talking a lot about the line because as I watched this year a lot of times they just looked soft as pudding. I mean I remember a few times when I watched Sitton just get pummeled, and I believe he was a culprit of a few too many flags(I could be wrong)-I just remember thinking "I thought this guy was a pro bower?"

I also agree with you about EDS, I've never seen him as a long term fix as he is another guy can be completely overmatched at times, although I saw more of this when he had to sub in for a guard position.

Lastly, I agree with you about Sherrod and Datko, I'm still a little hesitant on Datko but I don't doubt his potential.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Sitton gave up 2 and a half sacks all year. He did have 3 holding calls go against him and 1 false start.
    ~
    Lang gave up 11 sacks 2 holding calls. A False start. He lead the team in sacks giving up. I understand he played some at RT and he does Suck at RT...
    ~
    Will the OL improve in 2013? I think they do...

vCash
    saturday sucks so much the NFC sent him to the afc in the pro bowl..............
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi24 View Post
    Sitton gave up 2 and a half sacks all year. He did have 3 holding calls go against him and 1 false start.
    ~
    Lang gave up 11 sacks 2 holding calls. A False start. He lead the team in sacks giving up. I understand he played some at RT and he does Suck at RT...
    ~
    And this was EAAAAASILY his worst year. He gave up damn near 10 less sacks last year when he didn't have a bum on both sides of him.

(Lol, Lang had 7 false starts last season, my God man.)

vCash
    anybody have any information about how many of Lang's bad plays were when he was playing RT?

Not saying that's excusable but playing out of position probably did not help him overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYGBP View Post
    anybody have any information about how many of Lang's bad plays were when he was playing RT?

Not saying that's excusable but playing out of position probably did not help him overall.
    ~
    Now that I think about this Lang actually only played RT when Bulaga went down in week 12 and week 13 against The Vikings Lang started at RT but was hurt and Barclay started the second half. Barclay started the last 4 games of the season at RT. I do know Giants in week 12 had 5 sacks that game not sure how many Lang was credited for.
    ~
    Against the Vikings Allen had there only two sacks. Lang was not credited for any of those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi24 View Post
    ~
    ~
    That is what I was saying. I do think he missed a start and a good portion of another game. 11 sacks is awful, no matter how you shake it down. Even more so coming from the guard position.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    I think this might be one of the first times we'e agreed on a few things in one post.

I agree about Lang, while I think Sitton had a down year I still think he is our best lineman with Lang being second and Bulaga 3rd.

I think when Rodgers talked on his radio show about mentality he was talking a lot about the line because as I watched this year a lot of times they just looked soft as pudding. I mean I remember a few times when I watched Sitton just get pummeled, and I believe he was a culprit of a few too many flags(I could be wrong)-I just remember thinking "I thought this guy was a pro bower?"

I also agree with you about EDS, I've never seen him as a long term fix as he is another guy can be completely overmatched at times, although I saw more of this when he had to sub in for a guard position.

Lastly, I agree with you about Sherrod and Datko, I'm still a little hesitant on Datko but I don't doubt his potential.
    I'm pretty confident in saying that Bryan Bulaga and Sitton are our two best lineman, interchangeable and its not even close. Bulaga has given up 7 sacks in three years, granted has only played 12 games max each season. And only has only has 9 false starts in his career and 6 came as a rookie. In 2011, he obviously had a better campaign in which he gave up one sack and three total penalties all season. He played like a All Pro, took a slight step back this year, but very confident he will shine again.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...team=&page=enc
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    TJ Lang is easily our second best lineman. He simply had a down year. I think you guys underestimate how much changing around positions does to a lineman. It's not just the game aspects it's all of the responsibilities that go along with another position.

Again this is no excuse but I also think that Saturday hurt Lang a lot this year as well.

vCash
    I would put Bulaga at a real close third.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    That is what I was saying. I do think he missed a start and a good portion of another game. 11 sacks is awful, no matter how you shake it down. Even more so coming from the guard position.
    But he's never been near that bad. Do you think he just magically got worse this year? It doesn't make any sense other than what was on his left and right.

I've spoken people in the know and they still think he's a top 10 LG. I'll trust them over someone who's googled his stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    But he's never been near that bad. Do you think he just magically got worse this year? It doesn't make any sense other than what was on his left and right.

I've spoken people in the know and they still think he's a top 10 LG. I'll trust them over someone who's googled his stats.
    Norm and time4change, I respect your posts on here and I realize that I can be critical of certain guys and stick on them and not let it go. Daryn Colledge was always that guy for me. Bush has been that guy for others. I don't think that is what I'm doing here. I just know that early on in TJ's career he partied too much and wasn't committed to the weight room as much as he could have been. So when I seen him slide so badly this year I have since become concerned, and not necessarily down on him. I do wish he had a little more mean and nasty in him like Sitton. And question for you guys, why did Lang slide so badly but Sitton didn't? Bulaga missed a good portion of six games.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    Norm and time4change, I respect your posts on here and I realize that I can be critical of certain guys and stick on them and not let it go. Daryn Colledge was always that guy for me. Bush has been that guy for others. I don't think that is what I'm doing here. I just know that early on in TJ's career he partied too much and wasn't committed to the weight room as much as he could have been. So when I seen him slide so badly this year I have since become concerned, and not necessarily down on him. I do wish he had a little more mean and nasty in him like Sitton. And question for you guys, why did Lang slide so badly but Sitton didn't? Bulaga missed a good portion of six games.
    I don't break down OL. I never watch it during the game and I didn't go back this year and rewatch anything. I cannot begin to speculate on that without seeing their duties each snap and looking closer. I just can't imagine that huge drop was him being a bum all the sudden. If he couldn't play, he couldn't play. But he showed in the past, last year, he could. You don't forget how to play football. And he's not old enough to decline physically. I thought he talked about how he's grown up and taken things more serious. The logical conclusion for me is Newhouse and Saturday. Certainly pass rushers more come from the blind side which could start to play into it.

I'll bet bout anything after about 6 weeks next season if we find our OC and Sherrod hits. You'll be singing a different tune.

vCash
    Many things on the Offensive Line can send an off balance. I agree having Newhouse and Saturday and missing Bulaga absolutely sent this Line off balance... Sitton is a way better guard than Lang, Has more Experience and reads Defenses way better.. When Lang has to over think he does not do well, Having to adapt is not his strong suit.
    ~
    I do spend much time breaking down film and watching the OL I have seen Lang of course get Bull Rushed and beat... I also have seen him over compensate because of what is around him and Newhouse and Saturday. Lang is not the type player that is going to pick up blitz's not knowing what side they are coming from there for he is late from hesitation. Lang does much better when he does not have to over think and play in one spot.
    ~
    I am not entirely giving Lang a free pass and surely not after getting a good contract but if we can plug the gabs around him and stop those leaks I think Lang would be playing good football again.
    ~
    Only time will tell what the plans are for the Line I only hope through the evaluation process they point out that serious improvements need to be made...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456