Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think this was a perfect free agency for Thompson. Maybe he should have signed Benson earlier, but this was a perfect free agency. A veteran offensive lineman that probably taught a lot to our younger guys and was, by every indication, going to be a solid starter on our line. Loads of defensive line competition (competition breeds results). And a proven skill position player that (I believe) would have been a 1,000 yard rusher if he stayed healthy.

This free agency was the best one Thompson had since Woodson / Pickett.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XJW18 View Post
    New York is based around a 4-3 scheme I think.
    Remember Aaron Kampman? they moved him to OLB because of his weight and size.
    Osi weighs about 250 -255. He'd have to play OLB in a 3-4 scheme.
    Thats to light to play DE or any D-Line position in a 3-4 IMO. they'd run at him every play.
    I knew they ran a 4-3 but I thought he played tackle and end? I guess I wasn't thinking he'd be too small to play end. Bottom line is whether it's draft or free agency or internally, I hope we find someone who can create havoc on getting to the qb.

vCash
    please a good pass rusher!!!

vCash
    I honestly think with Tramon/Hayward/House/Shields/Woodson/Burnett that we have a top 5 secondary. It's all about the pass rush once again. It's frustrating that noone has really stepped up especially since Clay sees so many double teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    I honestly think with Tramon/Hayward/House/Shields/Woodson/Burnett that we have a top 5 secondary. It's all about the pass rush once again. It's frustrating that noone has really stepped up especially since Clay sees so many double teams.
    I would have loved to see Bishop and Perry get some serious reps together this year in this defense. Something to look forward to for next year I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119 View Post
    I would have loved to see Bishop and Perry get some serious reps together this year in this defense. Something to look forward to for next year I guess.
    Absolutely! Bishop gone has been huge. Our best tackler by far and would be big for us against teams with an AP/Gore/Lynch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rckdude1 View Post
    Why? Seriously why? Our 0-line starters are in tact and under contract. Our D-line could use depth but Raji and Pickett should be back and we have younger talent behind them and you know Teds gonna bulk up the lines anyways. receiver is stacked. I believe its almost a guarantee Jennings gets tagged (whether we tag and trade is another question but he IS getting tagged). He will draw at least a 3rd especially when Miami is sitting on 45 mil and counting in cap space. Finley will be gone leaving a hole but we have way too many tight ends to begin with. We are stacked at corner. I'm not sure what Shields contract situation is but everyone else is locked up. Safety is also stacked even without Woodson. Capers can plug almost anybody in at MLB and get production. There would be no decline if we started D.J. Smith and Brad Jones over Hawk and Bishop. We could use another pass rushing linebacker opposite Clay I'm not sold on Perry yet but you can find other pass rushers in draft if you do your homework. The only free agents we need to sign are our own before they even become free agents. Rodgers, Raji, Matthews, Shields, Brad and James Jones, Cobb, Lang, EDS, Bulaga. All we be free agents within the next 5 years or so. Gotta decide who we wanna keep. Draft and develop baby.
    You know I was being facetious right? We BEG for FA's then we sign a bunch and they all "bust"
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    Cedric Benson UFA
    Ryan Grant UFA
    DuJuan Harris UFA
    Jarrett Boykin RFA

Donald Driver UFA
    Greg Jennings UFA
    Tom Crabtree RFA

Robert Francois RFA
    Brad Jones UFA
    Erik Walden UFA
    Frank Zombo RFA
    Sam Shields RFA
    IDK crap about how RFAs work but I figured Harris would be one.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    We won't, nor should we, sign any free agents. just keep building through the draft. We have monster contracts coming up that could chew up almost 1/3 of our cap space in three guys (Rodgers, Matthews and Raji). Say goodbye to Driver, Woodson, Finley, Jennings, Benson, and hopefully Brad Jones.

I hope in the draft we go LT, DE (OLB), CB, C/LT, K

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    Jared Cook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rckdude1 View Post
    Why? Seriously why? Our 0-line starters are in tact and under contract. Our D-line could use depth but Raji and Pickett should be back and we have younger talent behind them and you know Teds gonna bulk up the lines anyways. receiver is stacked. I believe its almost a guarantee Jennings gets tagged (whether we tag and trade is another question but he IS getting tagged). He will draw at least a 3rd especially when Miami is sitting on 45 mil and counting in cap space.
    NFL rules don't allow the tag and trade. I'm sure the Packers have been trying to come to contract terms with Jennings and may be able to work out a deal that will keep Jennings in Green Bay. If they can't, they will let him walk. Just like last season when many said that Flynn would be tagged and traded for draft choices, it isn't going to happen. No team is going to give Jennings tag money and give up draft choices and the Packers aren't going to risk losing draft choices by breaking the rules.

vCash
    Big differance between Flynn & Jennings. Flynn getting tagged would have cost an outragous amount of money for a maybe never needed backup. Jennings will get tagged if no contract agreement because he will start & the tag amount for a year will be far less than what he would get on open market & not alot more than he's getting paid this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    NFL rules don't allow the tag and trade. I'm sure the Packers have been trying to come to contract terms with Jennings and may be able to work out a deal that will keep Jennings in Green Bay. If they can't, they will let him walk. Just like last season when many said that Flynn would be tagged and traded for draft choices, it isn't going to happen. No team is going to give Jennings tag money and give up draft choices and the Packers aren't going to risk losing draft choices by breaking the rules.
    there is no way the NFL can prove you tag someone for the sole purpose of trading them. no team would ever lose draft picks because they broke the tag and trade rule

with that being said: we wont do it anyway
    Last edited by Tram0n man; 01-05-2013 at 01:04 PM.

vCash
    need to strengthen both lines
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

NFL=Passion and intensity
    MLB=History and finesse
    NBA=All about lookin' pretty
    NHL=Money's more important than teeth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    I think this was a perfect free agency for Thompson. Maybe he should have signed Benson earlier, but this was a perfect free agency. A veteran offensive lineman that probably taught a lot to our younger guys and was, by every indication, going to be a solid starter on our line. Loads of defensive line competition (competition breeds results). And a proven skill position player that (I believe) would have been a 1,000 yard rusher if he stayed healthy.

This free agency was the best one Thompson had since Woodson / Pickett.
    It was by no means a 'perfect' free agency. Our offensive line is incredibly thin and was going into the season. Every analyst, expert, and person with an athletic bone in their body cried for more offensive line help going into the regular season. We did not prepare a practice squad or active roster to handle much of any injury on the line. Perhaps some can be blamed on the draft as well, but it wasn't a 'perfect' free agency. good? yes. perfect? no

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast