Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thechidz View Post
    need to strengthen both lines
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rckdude1 View Post
    you misspelled misspelled
    indeed i did. apprently i'm as good at that as saturday has been at center this year
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Cedric Benson UFA = Not Signed
    Ryan Grant UFA = Not Signed
    DuJuan Harris UFA = Signed
    Jarrett Boykin RFA = Signed for nothing.
    Donald Driver UFA = Cut (I thought he had a two year deal?)
    Greg Jennings UFA = Tagged and Bagged
    Tom Crabtree RFA = Signed
    Robert Francois RFA = Signed for nothing.
    Brad Jones UFA = Signed for nothing.
    Erik Walden UFA = Signed
    Frank Zombo RFA = Signed for nothing.
    Sam Shields RFA = Signed

Other than Walden, all these other LB's are going to be happy just to have a job. As for Walden... anyone willing to let him go are idiots. When properly coached he's a good OLB. It's when he is left to his own devices and he tries to be like Clay is when he gets out of position.

Crabtree isn't going anywhere and won't cost much.

Grant and Driver are given their walking papers. Too old and slow. I don't think Harris is going to be able to ask for too much money. Walden and Shields are going to be looking for some money.. but they'd be crazy to try to go anywhere else.

As for Jennings... we'll see what they are thinking of doing.

Graham Harrell #6 QB
    2 Comp. 3 ATT 20 Yards 0 TDs 4 Rush -3 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble 0 INT

Jumped on the Bandwagon in 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    I honestly think with Tramon/Hayward/House/Shields/Woodson/Burnett that we have a top 5 secondary. It's all about the pass rush once again. It's frustrating that noone has really stepped up especially since Clay sees so many double teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by aokmaster View Post
    We won't, nor should we, sign any free agents. just keep building through the draft. We have monster contracts coming up that could chew up almost 1/3 of our cap space in three guys (Rodgers, Matthews and Raji).
    Quote Originally Posted by Thechidz View Post
    need to strengthen both lines
    agree ^^^. as long as you have a d-line that can pressure, then the secondary can look awesome no matter who is back there. Or with a stout o-line, could you imagine AR an extra 1-2 seconds in the pocket, he would change the mind of Greg Jennings sister about who is the best QB in the league!!!

and the Pack already has a lot of depth, so in my mind, start adding guys that will be difference makers, even if that means trading away some draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Jared Cook
    no need, likely too much $, plus we have TEs that I think would be fine if Finely leaves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    agree ^^^. as long as you have a d-line that can pressure, then the secondary can look awesome no matter who is back there. Or with a stout o-line, could you imagine AR an extra 1-2 seconds in the pocket, he would change the mind of Greg Jennings sister about who is the best QB in the league!!!

and the Pack already has a lot of depth, so in my mind, start adding guys that will be difference makers, even if that means trading away some draft picks.

no need, likely too much $, plus we have TEs that I think would be fine if Finely IS RELEASED
    He's not an FA.

Anyways, Cook won't be as much as Finley is, at least for this first year. He had a whole 500 yards this season and was banged up. I know he wants to play for a contender. Any matching offer would work.

He's a true freak TE like people pretend Finley is. 4.4 40 at 6 4 250. Verts 40+

His 10 yard dash, so his get off for the first ten from a dead stop. 6 hundredths faster than RANDALL COBB. Cobb is 6+ inches shorter and 60 pounds lighter or so.

We don't have to sign him or anything. But I'd love to give him a shot.

Dcup is online now In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    Please let Brad Jones and Walden leave ASAP.
    Are you serious?
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Please let Brad Jones and Walden become two of the better linebacker backups for a 30 front in the league ASAP

vCash
    If Walden has anywhere close to the game he had last week I'll retract my statement.

I have never been a fan of Jones. I know a lot of you like him as a backup but I think they could find someone better. All I know is that we missed Bishop big time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    He's not an FA.

Anyways, Cook won't be as much as Finley is, at least for this first year. He had a whole 500 yards this season and was banged up. I know he wants to play for a contender. Any matching offer would work.

He's a true freak TE like people pretend Finley is. 4.4 40 at 6 4 250. Verts 40+

His 10 yard dash, so his get off for the first ten from a dead stop. 6 hundredths faster than RANDALL COBB. Cobb is 6+ inches shorter and 60 pounds lighter or so.

We don't have to sign him or anything. But I'd love to give him a shot.
    thanks for the fix, i was aware Finley had another year and would have to be released.

some of you may have already seen this , but a neat website i have looked at is www.spotrac.com
    it shows every teams dead money, cap, salaries, contracts, free agents, etc in the upcoming years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    thanks for the fix, i was aware Finley had another year and would have to be released.

some of you may have already seen this , but a neat website i have looked at is www.spotrac.com
    it shows every teams dead money, cap, salaries, contracts, free agents, etc in the upcoming years.
    Yeah we use that website for our PSD games. It's great. Good link.

vCash
    Evan Dietrich-Smith isn't on this threads list... but is on that websites.

I wonder if TT wasn't sure he's work out and didn't extend him. Now that he's the starting center... his agent will be asking for more money.

Graham Harrell #6 QB
    2 Comp. 3 ATT 20 Yards 0 TDs 4 Rush -3 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble 0 INT

Jumped on the Bandwagon in 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vbjunkie View Post
    Evan Dietrich-Smith isn't on this threads list... but is on that websites.

I wonder if TT wasn't sure he's work out and didn't extend him. Now that he's the starting center... his agent will be asking for more money.
    Probably but I don't see too many other teams dying to sign him to start. Market sets the value right?

vCash
    Walden has played pretty well this year. He's had some off games but is definitely not as much of a liability as Perry is at this point. Brad Jones may not be the superior athlete but has been much improved inside than he was outside. Very athletic and can drop back and cover. I would not get rid of either.

vCash
    I'm surprised by two things here. First People saying Jones isn't a good backup when in reality I would rather see him start next year beside Bishop than Hawk or Smith. Smith didn't show to much in his short stint to start the year. Profootballfocus has Jones as the sixth highest rated Packer on the defense(Hayward,Matthews,Shields,Raji,Burnett are the players ahead of him and Hawk is WAY down the list at 21st which obviously more you play the more chance you have of being graded lower. Ask Walden.
    ) and is the 10th highest rated ILB and top 10 in nearly every statistical category they have. PFF has raved about him for much of the year and when I go back and watch games his athleticism really sticks out. He was just to undersized to play OLB and really looks comfortable for his first year at ILB. Just imagine how much he could grow there in a year or two. I wouldn't be surprised for 1 minute if Hawk is let go purely because of Jones play this year. Having an athletic combo of Jones and Bishop really gets me excited. I was never a fan of Jones at OLB but am a huge fan of him this year since his move. I could go on and on but will talk about something I don't like instead... SO.

Second is Walden being so liked among Packer fans.. It just feels like I'm not watching the same film as every1 else. Even last week people were raving about him when in reality he didn't get 1 pressure by beating his man. Everytime another player got pressure and forced Webb into Walden. Last year he was MUCH better getting after the passer but it seems like a pressure for Walden is few and far between. According to PFF he is BY FAR the worst rated 3-4 OLB by Grade and Pass rushing productivity.

Perry - 10 pressures 98 attempts (9.8 snaps per pressure)
    Walden- 23 pressures 369 attempts(16 snaps per pressure)
    Moses- 17 pressures 212 attempts(12.5 snaps per pressure)
    Matthews- 49 pressures 357 attempts(7.3 snaps per pressure)
    I would rather GB draft a mid rd OLB and keep moses as a project and just release Walden. If Walden is let go he will struggle to make a team next year. I guarantee it.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 01-09-2013 at 05:30 AM.

vCash
    I wanted to add 1 thing that has nothing to do with Free agents but more about this pass rushing thing I was goin on about. Mike Neal has the second best ratio among 3-4 DE's only slightly behind JJ Watt.
    Neal - 20 pressures 191 snaps (9.5)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast