Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Ted needs to sign some free agents this year

On January 1 the Packers signed QB Nick Hill.
    On March 23 the Packers signed former Indianapolis Colts C Jeff Saturday.
    On March 23 the Packers signed former Indianapolis Colts DE Daniel Muir.
    On March 30 the Packers signed former Seattle Seahawks DE Anthony Hargrove.
    On May 23 the Packers signed former Miami Dolphins DE Philip Merling.
    On August 12 the Packers signed former Cincinnati Bengals RB Cedric Benson.

Lulz. ****ing. Lulz.

vCash
    I liked the Cedric, Jeff Saturday signings
    I was also hoping Philip Merling was gonna finally show up in his career.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    Cut, Benched, Cut, Cut, Cut, IR.

Benson was okay but hell Harris is seemingly doing better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Cut, Benched, Cut, Cut, Cut, IR.

Benson was okay but hell Harris is seemingly doing better.
    you missed spelled pro-bowler
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    you missed spelled pro-bowler
    you misspelled misspelled

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rckdude1 View Post
    you misspelled misspelled
    indeed i did. apprently i'm as good at that as saturday has been at center this year
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    So what kind of Free Agents should Ted go after this Off-Season?

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XJW18 View Post
    So what kind of Free Agents should Ted go after this Off-Season?
    and with what money remember we are talking about not resigning Jennings because of the lack of money that would go to our other core guys
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 63
    Assist Tackles: 27
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 6
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Well aren't you just being a pisser...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    and with what money remember we are talking about not resigning Jennings because of the lack of money that would go to our other core guys
    That was my point.
    What type of FA's should we go after?
    Norm was talking trash (rightfully so) about this last seasons FA signings but what else can we do about who we can sign if we don't have the cap.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

-Peter Bukowski

vCash
    To me the influx of D linemen in particular seemed more about creating competition than about the final cut...I say we won't bring anyone in...except Urlacher...just to cut his ***

vCash
    Why? Seriously why? Our 0-line starters are in tact and under contract. Our D-line could use depth but Raji and Pickett should be back and we have younger talent behind them and you know Teds gonna bulk up the lines anyways. receiver is stacked. I believe its almost a guarantee Jennings gets tagged (whether we tag and trade is another question but he IS getting tagged). He will draw at least a 3rd especially when Miami is sitting on 45 mil and counting in cap space. Finley will be gone leaving a hole but we have way too many tight ends to begin with. We are stacked at corner. I'm not sure what Shields contract situation is but everyone else is locked up. Safety is also stacked even without Woodson. Capers can plug almost anybody in at MLB and get production. There would be no decline if we started D.J. Smith and Brad Jones over Hawk and Bishop. We could use another pass rushing linebacker opposite Clay I'm not sold on Perry yet but you can find other pass rushers in draft if you do your homework. The only free agents we need to sign are our own before they even become free agents. Rodgers, Raji, Matthews, Shields, Brad and James Jones, Cobb, Lang, EDS, Bulaga. All we be free agents within the next 5 years or so. Gotta decide who we wanna keep. Draft and develop baby.

vCash
    Why? Seriously why? Our 0-line starters are in tact and under contract. Our D-line could use depth but Raji and Pickett should be back and we have younger talent behind them and you know Teds gonna bulk up the lines anyways. receiver is stacked. I believe its almost a guarantee Jennings gets tagged (whether we tag and trade is another question but he IS getting tagged). He will draw at least a 3rd especially when Miami is sitting on 45 mil and counting in cap space. Finley will be gone leaving a hole but we have way too many tight ends to begin with. We are stacked at corner. I'm not sure what Shields contract situation is but everyone else is locked up. Safety is also stacked even without Woodson. Capers can plug almost anybody in at MLB and get production. There would be no decline if we started D.J. Smith and Brad Jones over Hawk and Bishop. We could use another pass rushing linebacker opposite Clay I'm not sold on Perry yet but you can find other pass rushers in draft if you do your homework. The only free agents we need to sign are our own before they even become free agents. Rodgers, Raji, Matthews, Shields, Brad and James Jones, Cobb, Lang, EDS, Bulaga. All we be free agents within the next 5 years or so. Gotta decide who we wanna keep. Draft and develop baby.
    You know I was being facetious right? We BEG for FA's then we sign a bunch and they all "bust"

vCash
    Why? Seriously why? Our 0-line starters are in tact and under contract. Our D-line could use depth but Raji and Pickett should be back and we have younger talent behind them and you know Teds gonna bulk up the lines anyways. receiver is stacked. I believe its almost a guarantee Jennings gets tagged (whether we tag and trade is another question but he IS getting tagged). He will draw at least a 3rd especially when Miami is sitting on 45 mil and counting in cap space.
    NFL rules don't allow the tag and trade. I'm sure the Packers have been trying to come to contract terms with Jennings and may be able to work out a deal that will keep Jennings in Green Bay. If they can't, they will let him walk. Just like last season when many said that Flynn would be tagged and traded for draft choices, it isn't going to happen. No team is going to give Jennings tag money and give up draft choices and the Packers aren't going to risk losing draft choices by breaking the rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    NFL rules don't allow the tag and trade. I'm sure the Packers have been trying to come to contract terms with Jennings and may be able to work out a deal that will keep Jennings in Green Bay. If they can't, they will let him walk. Just like last season when many said that Flynn would be tagged and traded for draft choices, it isn't going to happen. No team is going to give Jennings tag money and give up draft choices and the Packers aren't going to risk losing draft choices by breaking the rules.
    there is no way the NFL can prove you tag someone for the sole purpose of trading them. no team would ever lose draft picks because they broke the tag and trade rule

with that being said: we wont do it anyway
    Last edited by Tram0n man; 01-05-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast