Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Worthy to miss 2013?

Anyone heard anything concrete on Worthy missing the 2013 season? I read elsewhere that he could be out...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...econstruction/

vCash
    Wouldn't surprise me. The majority of players Thompson has drafted on the DL have had serious or lingering injury problems. It's a curse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    Anyone heard anything concrete on Worthy missing the 2013 season? I read elsewhere that he could be out...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...econstruction/
    They couldn't possibly know yet. Players respond differently to the surgery. All I've read is bigger players do take longer to get back but some players are ready to go by training camp and others(Quarless for example) Don't see the field at all the following year. It could go either way but If I had to guess he won't be ready for the start of the season. Hopefully he is but we won't know for awhile.

Mcginn basically just said players respond differently and he could be out for the season mainly because the injury and surgery happened so late in the season. I would bet he starts season on PUP but hopefully can come back after that. I would be shocked if he starts the year on the 53.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 01-27-2013 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    I'm getting sick and damn tired of our guys constantly sustaining serious injuries like this. Does anybody have any info on what the league average is with injuries and time missed and all that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I'm getting sick and damn tired of our guys constantly sustaining serious injuries like this. Does anybody have any info on what the league average is with injuries and time missed and all that?
    I'm sure Packers are high on that list but every team and their fans deal with the same stuff. I wouldn't let it get to you. It is just a sport after all. An amazing sport but still meaningless in the end.

EDIT: IDK why I said that. I just feel like every comment I've read of yours sounds angry so I guess I was trying to get you to relax lol
    Last edited by Kevolu; 01-27-2013 at 12:11 AM.

vCash
    A typical ACL injury takes 6-8 months to heal if they follow their rehab and have no set backs. When I had my ACL reconstructed and my meniscus cleaned up I rehab 8 months and I was only 3 years younger than what Worthy is now and we were about the same weight and I had the same surgeon that worked on the football players for the University of Iowa. So I don't think he will mist all of the 2013 season but, he will miss a little time
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 30
    Assist Tackles: 5
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 3
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. The majority of players Thompson has drafted on the DL have had serious or lingering injury problems. It's a curse.
    The worst part is he didn't have an injury history coming out of college.

This injury moves DE to the highest spot on the list IMO. It was a need even with Worthy healthy and Neal performing like he did. Now with Worthy out they have to get a DE in the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    A typical ACL injury takes 6-8 months to heal if they follow their rehab and have no set backs. When I had my ACL reconstructed and my meniscus cleaned up I rehab 8 months and I was only 3 years younger than what Worthy is now and we were about the same weight and I had the same surgeon that worked on the football players for the University of Iowa. So I don't think he will mist all of the 2013 season but, he will miss a little time
    It is different for every player. Some players(Quarless) miss the entire year. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery but it isn't guaranteed. He tore his ACL on the fourth of December. Worthy tore his December 30th. They both had surgery within a week of eachother.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 01-27-2013 at 12:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    It is different for every player. Some players(Quarless) miss the entire year. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery but it isn't guaranteed.
    If I remember right Quarless injured more than the acl though didn't he rip both the ACL and MCL or something like that because they were even questioning if he could come back at all.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 30
    Assist Tackles: 5
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 3
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    If I remember right Quarless injured more than the acl though didn't he rip both the ACL and MCL or something like that because they were even questioning if he could come back at all.
    I believe you're right. It looked like he tore all 3 ligaments when it happened. Sill ACL is the big one and takes MUCH longer to recover. I wonder if tearing ACL and MCL increases the time to return? I wish I can find recent history of TE's/lineman/linebackers with ACL injuries and how long it took to recover. I know for a fact lighter/smaller players can recover a lot faster.

Reading about it now. ACL tears usually results in damage to the MCL.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 01-27-2013 at 12:29 AM.

vCash
    He will start the season on the pup list and if he isn't healthy by the time he is supposed to come off he will go on ir. I hope he can make it back next year but im not counting on it. Just means we gotta go DL early next year

vCash
    ~
    My best guess will be he misses the first 8 games. Sad news to what was just to be a deep bruise to a torn ACL. It also could be possible that the Packers do self him depending on how he responds.
    ~
    Best wishes to him.

vCash
    Being on the Packers is like being on the cover of Madden!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    Being on the Packers is like being on the cover of Madden!
    ~
    Man at times it sure does seem that way...

vCash
    Nah, I'm not angry... Just seems like every time we have a promising, up and coming type player they're hurt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast