Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bulls/Heat SBNation Video Breakdown

Really informational video breaking down defensive rotations and plays by SBNation from the last Bulls/Heat game. And it goes to show for how much Boozer played some hustle defense, he's still well below-average at it.

I'd check it out if you have a few minutes.

vCash
    finna check it out in a while

vCash
    Seems a little harsh on Boozer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post

While they don't show any other clips of a Bulls player failing to get a hand up to contest a shot, read the offense correctly, etc, I would wager that it's not unrealistic that Boozer is probably the most consistent offender in that regard which is probably why he was highlighted in the video.

But apart from that, I really liked seeing the angles taken on the boards and getting into defensive position for a board merely off of hedging. I'd never really thought of that before. I could honestly watch breakdowns like this all day.
    Last edited by Rosh; 01-07-2013 at 02:05 AM.

vCash
    Boozer had 6 offensive rebounds, same as noah and 1 more than taj. the video only really showed noah and taj's offensive rebounds and bashed boozers defense inbetween.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Boozer kinda deserves it, I hate seeing him just sag off on pick and rolls.

the fact is however, offesnive rebounding or 3 pt frezzies are 2 ways you can definitly beat the heat. my problem with the 2nd is however, you live by the 3, you die by the 3. Why the Knicks will never make a run.

I think the best way to beat the heat is to out work them on the boards, which is why NOah is so valuable.

I think that Boozer helps and hurts you at the same time though. when he scored the way he did that game, its OK to over look him, but too often he doesn't score that way, and leaves you high and dry on both ends of the court. and the reason that is is he is under sized and under athletic so its hard for him to get a good shot off without fading away, something many people criticize Joe Johnson for when all he does is fade away, but say its OK for boozer to. My opinion still remains the same. a boozer and Rip for Gasol would both save us money long term, and get us a better defensive, taller, longer, better player overall.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    I can watch these videos all day, just watch the GSW vs LAC one and he broke down Griffin's excuse of a post game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    Boozer had 6 offensive rebounds, same as noah and 1 more than taj. the video only really showed noah and taj's offensive rebounds and bashed boozers defense inbetween.
    What is up with your sig pic? Is Hawk really gone? That would make my day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    What is up with your sig pic? Is Hawk really gone? That would make my day.
    its what's left of my farewell sig to kb-pau-dh2012

vCash
    I dunno. He gave Noah credit for the assloads of room he gave Bosh on an outside shot, but was upset by Boozer doing the same thing to James. That was weird.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    I dunno. He gave Noah credit for the assloads of room he gave Bosh on an outside shot, but was upset by Boozer doing the same thing to James. That was weird.
    Noah gave Bosh room on an outside 2 (foot was on the line if I'm not mistaken), which is something Thibs loves to force opposing offenses into because it's one of the most inefficient shots in the game. LeBron's was a 3, which he's been shooting at a pretty good clip this year (40%), which Boozer left him pretty good room to take.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    the problem I have with Boozer is he never tries to play the pick and roll. not with Lebron or anyone else coming around the screen, he doesnt help his teammate out at all under any circumstance. even noah came out and tried to contest the shot, something boozer didnt do on either the 3pt shot, or driving into the mid range shot. his defense is lack luster at best, and while noah gave up a bosh 17 footer, he was also looking to help out on lebron at the time. Bosh is a ***** *** jump shooter who has no offensive game other than standing outside and shooting long Js, if you going to loose having bosh go for 30 its the way to loose to the heat IMO.
    Last edited by Rosh; 01-07-2013 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Dodging the filter.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Noah gave Bosh room on an outside 2 (foot was on the line if I'm not mistaken), which is something Thibs loves to force opposing offenses into because it's one of the most inefficient shots in the game. LeBron's was a 3, which he's been shooting at a pretty good clip this year (40%), which Boozer left him pretty good room to take.
    Kind of. Bosh's was an outside three yes, but there are two issues here:

1) LeBron's shooting 40% this year doesn't mean anything. It's super early in the year, he'll come back down to Earth (like Rose did a couple years back). Not to mention the fact that he's a much higher percentage 3 point shooter when he's assisted than when he takes them off the dribble (as most people are) and like last year he's taking fewer unassisted threes and thus fewer altogether, which is why his percentage is higher. Boozer backing off and letting him dribble into a three isn't a bit deal. He's not that good at them and let's be honest, Boozer can't stay with James, if he steps up James will blow right by him.

Secondly, there as at least one occasion where he mentioned it with Boozer and James DID take a long two, rather than a three.

So either way, I think he was being overly critical of Boozer out of bias.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Kind of. Bosh's was an outside three yes, but there are two issues here:

1) LeBron's shooting 40% this year doesn't mean anything. It's super early in the year, he'll come back down to Earth (like Rose did a couple years back).
    Super early? He's 32 games into an 82 game season, that's roughly 40% in. And even if he does fall back down to Earth, playing him based off of how he may perform in the future is ridiculous. You play him like the 40% shooter he is right now. This isn't a 3 game sample, it's 30+.

Boozer backing off and letting him dribble into a three isn't a bit deal. He's not that good at them and let's be honest, Boozer can't stay with James, if he steps up James will blow right by him.
    That's the whole point of Thibodeau's defense. He would rather have a contested shot at the rim rather than a decent at worst three-point shooter taking an open three. The help defense is supposed to rotate over to deal with LeBron driving past Boozer, it isn't a one-on-one defense.

Secondly, there as at least one occasion where he mentioned it with Boozer and James DID take a long two, rather than a three.
    Point it out in the video and let's take a look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    Agreed. I'm so sick of the constant hate on Boozer. Media, fans etc...

Boozer won Chicago that game. BEAST performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast