Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    15,958
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    Is there a shred, a modicum an iota of sense amongst these inept writers. I just don't get where everyone became an idiot all of a sudden, these guys must be writing this stuff when their bombed. Whatever the reason is. I am forming a list. Rubin and Davidoff top my no read/no listen list. If you have any others, I'd like to be made aware of them.
    Adam Rubin is actually one of a few members of the media that is trustworthy enough to at least read on a daily basis.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,139
    vCash
    1500
    They just need to put Bonds, Piazza, Clemens, Biggio, Morris, E. Martinez Raines all in the HOF. Their numbers speak for themselves. Sosa wasn't a HOF caliber player before he started obviously juicing and corking bats, McGwire showed his guilt by pleading the fifth and Palmeiro IMO purjured himself before congress because he was one of many called out by Canseco which to Jose's credit has been 100% accurate.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I took PEDs for a very short while under a doctor's supervision, and I developed acne on my chest - not sure about my back. When I stopped using them, the acne went away.

    Smoking gun, but who knows?
    So wait...

    Fred Wilpon was a victim of a crime because he wasn't convicted of being involved in a ponzi scheme. There was a lot of "smoking gun" evidence that he was involved, like the profits he took for years, but no...he was a victim.

    Mike Piazza played during the steroid era. He never tested positive. He never has been linked to steroids through any of the reports exposing people.

    Despite all the reports of Piazza's backne, no one has ever produced a photo. Yet, you clearly have him convicted in your mind.

    Meanwhile Fred Wilpon could never have done anything wrong because...his people responded to a note from you and pretended it was from him?

    Once again you show your true colors while pretending to be "better" than everyone.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    15,958
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    So wait...

    Fred Wilpon was a victim of a crime because he wasn't convicted of being involved in a ponzi scheme. There was a lot of "smoking gun" evidence that he was involved, like the profits he took for years, but no...he was a victim.

    Mike Piazza played during the steroid era. He never tested positive. He never has been linked to steroids through any of the reports exposing people.

    Despite all the reports of Piazza's backne, no one has ever produced a photo. Yet, you clearly have him convicted in your mind.

    Meanwhile Fred Wilpon could never have done anything wrong because...his people responded to a note from you and pretended it was from him?

    Once again you show your true colors while pretending to be "better" than everyone.

    I have not convicted Mike Piazza. I stated only that there is a smoking gun. Furthermore, if a smoking gun exists, you can evaluate the quality of the smoke to determine whether it implicates someone, and to what degree.

    As I stated per the acne, "Who knows?"
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I have not convicted Mike Piazza. I stated only that there is a smoking gun. Furthermore, if a smoking gun exists, you can evaluate the quality of the smoke to determine whether it implicates someone, and to what degree.

    As I stated per the acne, "Who knows?"
    But a smoking gun existed (and still sort of does) with the Wilpons.

    I have always been on the fence about their innocence because there was never concrete proof that they knew it was a ponzi scheme, even though they profited substantially from the crime.

    As far as I know, there is no concrete proof that Piazza even had acne on his back, let alone that he took steroids.

    Yet you can emphatically state that one was a victim, while speculating on the other. You don't see that as hypocritical?


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,971
    vCash
    1500
    Eating fried chicken is a stereotype for black people... They even make jokes about it themselves You're wrong in your quote. Chinese food and Jewish people don't go together either

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,843
    vCash
    1500
    But we do eat Chinese food. Especially on Christmas.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    Back Acne is common with most athletes. Sweat and dirt are major causes of that.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Eating fried chicken is a stereotype for black people... They even make jokes about it themselves You're wrong in your quote. Chinese food and Jewish people don't go together either
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    But we do eat Chinese food. Especially on Christmas.
    I like fried chicken and Chinese food. Does that make me Whoopi Goldberg?


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,376
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I like fried chicken and Chinese food. Does that make me Whoopi Goldberg?
    Sammy Davis Jr., you mench.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,412
    vCash
    1500
    Well it doesn't make you Stretch Cunningham.
    Go Grab My Belt

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Sammy Davis Jr., you mench.
    I was going to go with Sammy, but I figured that someone would then point out that dead people don't eat fried chicken or Chinese food...only brains.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    But we do eat Chinese food. Especially on Christmas.
    Chinese food is free on Christmas???? I didn't know that. I'm always eating turkey.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    815
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Adam Rubin is actually one of a few members of the media that is trustworthy enough to at least read on a daily basis.
    So because he reads, we must dismiss his abject stupidity when it comes to Piazza? I don't think so. How he makes a decision to not elect Piazza for the Hall of Fame is beyond me. He is now officially 1 of the 2 founding members of my no read list. Since the HOF is what prompted this, I am going to rename my list, the Hall of Infamy, presented for pure stupidity, complete disregard for facts or for just being totally out of touch. Initial honorees. Ken Davidoff & Adam Rubin. Congrats guys.
    Last edited by METMANYAK; 01-05-2013 at 01:58 AM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    So wait...

    Fred Wilpon was a victim of a crime because he wasn't convicted of being involved in a ponzi scheme. There was a lot of "smoking gun" evidence that he was involved, like the profits he took for years, but no...he was a victim.

    Mike Piazza played during the steroid era. He never tested positive. He never has been linked to steroids through any of the reports exposing people.

    Despite all the reports of Piazza's backne, no one has ever produced a photo. Yet, you clearly have him convicted in your mind.

    Meanwhile Fred Wilpon could never have done anything wrong because...his people responded to a note from you and pretended it was from him?

    Once again you show your true colors while pretending to be "better" than everyone.
    Welcome back buddy, we all missed you and your wit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •