Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    No, but if you run around with a bunch of people who commit crimes, it's fair to suspect you committed them too.
    Then why are some players from that era above the scrutiny, ie. Maddox, Smoltz and Glavine?

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Then why are some players from that era above the scrutiny, ie. Maddox, Smoltz and Glavine?
    There are always exceptions to the rule. You can add Derek Jeter's name to that list too.

Still, if someone came forth with the faintest of rumors about any of those 4 guys, it would have to be considered as possibly true. And it's fair because back in the day, Maddox, Smoltz, Glavine, and Jeter didn't utter one syllable about all the PED usage that was going on around them. They were more concerned with protecting their brothers' butts than ensuring their game was clean. So if either of them should get swept into it at some point, and sure, that includes Piazzza too, so be it.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Show me some tangible proof that he took PEDs and I can understand the argument against Piazza. That means more than back acne (which you can get my raising your own natural testosterone levels via rigorous exercise and non-steroidal supplements), and it means more than he "he looked big."

At least get someone to say, Mike Piazza definitely took steroids or some other PED because I saw him take it, or I sold it to him, etc.

Short of that, it would be a crime for this man to not make the HOF on the first ballot.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Good luck Mike, I hope you get into the Hall today.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Show me some tangible proof that he took PEDs and I can understand the argument against Piazza. That means more than back acne (which you can get my raising your own natural testosterone levels via rigorous exercise and non-steroidal supplements), and it means more than he "he looked big."

At least get someone to say, Mike Piazza definitely took steroids or some other PED because I saw him take it, or I sold it to him, etc.

Short of that, it would be a crime for this man to not make the HOF on the first ballot.
    See, that's the thing. Piazza never looked big, the reports of the acne on his back are dubious, and when he was on the Mets and Dodgers, no one was even talking about him and steroids.

His career had a normal trajectory. His best years were his early years with the Dodgers, he continued with some great years with the Mets, and his offense slowed as the years of catching took its toll.

I don't get Piazza and steroids. Never did. And im as critical as anyone when it comes to the subject.

My earlier point was that because Piazza played in that era, he and everyone else is fair game. But as far as I'm concerned, no one has even come close to connecting the dots that would point to his using PEDs.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    But you can't say someone did a crime just because there were other people committing a crime.
    People are saying that at that time period there was more steroid use than there had been in the past so what would have previously just been a rumor is looked at a lot more closely. Did you hear about Derek jeter doing ped,'s ... No right, but there have been rumors about piazza. I think he deserves to get in but not this year
    I'm just that damn nice

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Voting isn't about being popular. You do what you think right.//RT @bbock77: You didn't vote Piazza. You're the NY writer. Explain yourself.

vCash
    Nobody is going to make it into the Hall next year because the writers just want to write controversial articles about why they didn't vote for the players. This is why we can't allow people with a conflict of interest to vote for the HoF.

vCash
    No players were elected...

LBJ 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    No players were elected...
    Shazam.

Well...at least we don't need to debate why Biggio or Bagwell were elected, but not Piazza.

Sad.

So many great names on the ballot too. Could have been the greatest HoF class ever, but...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234