Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    vCash
    Nelson's been playing well lately. His contract also isn't too brutal either. He's paid 8.6 million next year, and his salary in the third year isn't guaranteed. Considering it looks like 2014 is when Henny and company are looking to have free cap face, he won't hurt us too much if he's still around. I think he's tradable for sure. Whether we're going to or not is a whole different question. Because his contract isn't going to hold us back, and he is regarded as a good clubhouse guy and leader, maybe they do keep him around...especially if they trade JJ. With no JJ or Jameer, Hedo basically becomes the most veteran leader...that's scary.

As for teams having interest in him...it's popped up a few times lately.

Steve Kyler most recently mentioned it, saying "J.J. Redick is the name most teams call about; however, there is interest in Jameer Nelson and Arron Afflalo according to league sources."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Lmao speaking of evidence, where's yours proving "teams are calling "
    We gave him a contract , 1. Stupid,2. Bc it was dumb
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-nba...market-update/

Scroll down to the section on JJ Redick. ManRam pulled his quote from this page.

Checkmate

vCash
    Anywho...back on topic!

Moe Harkless may have broken his nose during Saturday's game, in which he racked up career-highs of 19 points and 14 rebounds in 42 minutes.
    He continued to play after getting hit on the bridge of his nose in the first half, but we're considering him questionable to play the 76ers on Monday. Jacque Vaughn praised Harkless for doing "a great job of continuing to work on his game," and the 19-year-old forward is worth watching closely as the Magic move toward players development in the season's final months.
    Broken noses don't keep players out really...but hopefully he doesn't miss any time. Keep that momentum going!

vCash
    Yeah, I read about that a little after the game. Kind of expains why he didn't make a single shot in the third, but if he finished the game out with it, I doubt he'll miss any time for it. Would love to keep the young kid in the starting line up for now.

vCash
    By the way, Brian Schmitz reporting that JJ and DeQuan Jones are both out tonight. Think that's on top of everyone else who's been out. Gonna be pretty short handed tonight.

vCash
    No Afflao. No Nelson. No Redick. No Baby. No chance.

Amazingly awful starting 5 tonight. We're closing in on that worst record!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Definately said "not bragging it's was common knowledge". Slow your horses. It's just funny when I said it "ur not a real fan, jj is a leader" blah blah. Not to mention a 6 page thread why jj SHOULDN'T be moved.

I'm just always ahead of the curve
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Just because you're being obnoxious...

Just about everyone on this forum has been talking about trading Redick for almost half a year now.

If you click on the blue icon it will show you the dates too.

And a few that were PERHAPS wrong. I mean, he hasn't been traded yet.

As "right" as you were about JJ, you were 100% wrong about Baby, who you said will absolutely be traded

I could keep looking, but spending 10 minutes on this is enough.

Ever since Dwight was traded, I'd imagine the VAST majority of Magic fans figured JJ had to be traded.
    Yay! I'm ahead of the curve also, man I feel so smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post

If we do end up with the worst record and end up with the #1 pick, we'd be the first team to do that since we drafted Dwight. I just hope whoever we end up with could turn this franchise around like he did.

vCash
    Just an update: Vucci has now gone 27 games in a row with 9 or more rebounds. Amazing.

vCash
    Have to love Vuc's game. He's no Dwight, that's for sure, but it'll be fun watching him for years to come.

vCash
    How about Earl Clark, the "thrown in" from our side playing very solid for LA. I hate seeing how players that didn't get time with us go on and actually make a name for themselves. Can't fathom how Philly fans must feel about giving us Vuc.

vCash

January Game Thread

He is playing well. I always thought he showed flashes but svg always overplayed his small rotation and rarely let younger players get minutes. I always hated seeing j rich for example laboring up the floor completely gases but svg would leave players in regardless instead of going with energy off the bench.

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    How about Earl Clark, the "thrown in" from our side playing very solid for LA. I hate seeing how players that didn't get time with us go on and actually make a name for themselves. Can't fathom how Philly fans must feel about giving us Vuc.
    I don't hold any ill feelings towards how we managed Clark. I'm very surprised he's playing this well. He regressed essentially every year he had been in the NBA up until now. He just never showed anything with us or Phoenix. When he did get in, regardless of how infrequently it was, he was terrible. He couldn't defend, and he was horrific offensively. For some reason in LA he excelled during those small minutes of playing time and it earned him more of it.

I'm happy he's doing well, but it is what it is.

vCash
    Hearing Jameer and DeQuan may be back tonight. Haven't heard official word, though.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast