Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Would OKC be better off with Harden instead of Westbrook?

As a Thunder fan, I absolutely love Westbrook. But that being said, I also really loved harden. When the trade happened, I was mad but saw what we got back and was okay with the deal. However, it looks like that may not have been the best option.

-Durant was clearly closer to Harden than he is with Westbrook
    -Harden has shows to more efficient even as a number 1 option in Houston than Westbrook is with Durant
    -Having watched every Thunder game for the past 5 years, it is clear that Harden is also a better passer than Westbrook. That being said, he could definitely play the PG role on this team.
    -Harden is fast enough to guard PG's
    -Harden makes much better decisions with the ball and always deferred to Durant when it was time.
    -Harden is a much better long range shooter and better finisher than Westbrook.

I think we could have gotten more for Westbrook anyway and Harden is cheaper.

It really bugs me to think about the what-if, had we traded westy instead.

vCash
    Does anyone think Jeremy Lin stopped this from happening? I mean, had Houston not signed Lin, maybe presti would have been inclined to move westrbook to houston. But since lin was already there and Hosuton could offer the best package, they moved Harden instead?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    As a Thunder fan, I absolutely love Westbrook. But that being said, I also really loved harden. When the trade happened, I was mad but saw what we got back and was okay with the deal. However, it looks like that may not have been the best option.

-Durant was clearly closer to Harden than he is with Westbrook
    -Harden has shows to more efficient even as a number 1 option in Houston than Westbrook is with Durant
    -Having watched every Thunder game for the past 5 years, it is clear that Harden is also a better passer than Westbrook. That being said, he could definitely play the PG role on this team.
    -Harden is fast enough to guard PG's
    -Harden makes much better decisions with the ball and always deferred to Durant when it was time.
    -Harden is a much better long range shooter and better finisher than Westbrook.

I think we could have gotten more for Westbrook anyway and Harden is cheaper.

It really bugs me to think about the what-if, had we traded westy instead.
    I don't think I agree with the bolded two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    ManRam, I have usually been the one who defends Westbrook with you when everyone bashes him. I love him and appreciate him more than most.

Westbrook is not very good at pick and roll passes while harden is very good at them. That is one of the main reasons Durant is averaging more assists. He is the new harden for the second unit. He goes out with 2 min left in the first and comes back in at the start of the 2nd to run the second unit because westbrook couldn't get martin involved at all.

vCash
    What if maynor never got injured

is this team better

Maynor
    Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Perkins?

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    What if maynor never got injured

is this team better

Maynor
    Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Perkins?
    Maynor was never really good. Reggie Jackson was always better but Brooks refused to play him...just like he use to do with Ibaka.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    +1.

Also depends on the package.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    ManRam, I have usually been the one who defends Westbrook with you when everyone bashes him. I love him and appreciate him more than most.

Westbrook is not very good at pick and roll passes while harden is very good at them. That is one of the main reasons Durant is averaging more assists. He is the new harden for the second unit. He goes out with 2 min left in the first and comes back in at the start of the 2nd to run the second unit because westbrook couldn't get martin involved at all.
    He's having a down year, and I LOVE Harden almost equally as much as RWB (I guess it's KD who brings out my ire).

I'm not gonna sit here and say that the team is better with RWB instead of Harden, because I don't know.

I do know that this offense is the best in the league as is. I think Russy's passing is a bit underrated. Last year he had a down year, and a lot of that was Harden, but if Harden replaces Russy at the point, you aren't going to see the same assist numbers as Russell has this year. Is that going to hinder the offense? Again, I don't know. Harden is a tremendous passing SG - maybe the best in the league - but he's not going to be an elite passing PG. Remember, Russy is top 5 in both APG and AST%. He's been a good passer...a great one even.

Harden is a bit more similar to KD than Russell is. While Russell hasn't been nearly as efficient, I think their contrasting styles really do help at times.

I think on most team I would rather have Harden than RWB...but it's really close and it depends on the current roster. On OKC, well, I'm just on the fence.
    Last edited by ManRam; 01-03-2013 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    Maynor was never really good. Reggie Jackson was always better but Brooks refused to play him...just like he use to do with Ibaka.
    Reggie Jackson sucks, this is coming from someone who watches the Thunder pretty much every game. Maynor is worse but there's a reason neither get many minutes. We really need to get a back up PG before the deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    Reggie Jackson sucks, this is coming from someone who watches the Thunder pretty much every game. Maynor is worse but there's a reason neither get many minutes. We really need to get a back up PG before the deadline.
    I 100% agree. But I was just saying that playing Maynor over Jackson was a mistake. They are both bad. I would LOVE to get Calderon.

vCash
    OKC will be better if they had traded Westbrook for Rondo & kept Harden.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    i think they would have been.

(Of course assuming that they got back an equally good package for Westbrook as they did for Harden).

I think they could have gotten just as good a package, if not a better package. Westbrook had higher trade value at the time of the trade (by my estimation).

OKC looks great, and Westbrook has been good (not great). Those two points are however irrelevant to the question at hand.

vCash
    Harden is the far more diverse offensive player, but who runs the point without Westbrook? Westbrook was more important to the structure of the team.

vCash
    they should have traded westbrook for a true PG
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Nah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast