Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    That's all & stay aggressive. These so called piston fans on here will be ready to trade Drummond if he has a bad couple of games, just like they are doing with moose smh...patience people patience!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket:24958127
    Knight isn't as bad as you guys make him out to be. He just needs to cut down on his turnovers and become a 2

vCash
    I never thought I'd see the day when Piston's fans are as bad as Bulls fans but damned if that hasn't happened. You all need to look at yourselves in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    LOL....IT'S CRAZY. I'M STARTING TO WONDER IF SOME ARE REALLY PISTON FANS AT ALL. THESE DUDES HAVE WEN'T FROM TRADING MOOSE TO MOVING OUR PG TO SG,LIKE HE'S BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR YRS OR SOMETHING. THAT'S WHY FANS ARE FANS & GM'S ARE GM'S. YOU DON'T JUST GO TRADING AWAY PLAYERS AFTER 1YR (ESP PG's) BECAUSE THEY DON'T DEVELOPE FAST ENOUGH REMEMBER AFFALO??? WE TRADED HIM WAY TO SOON,NOW HE'S A NICE SG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenonsense View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day when Piston's fans are as bad as Bulls fans but damned if that hasn't happened. You all need to look at yourselves in the mirror.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    3.1 turnovers isn't that bad for a 21yr old pg who just played his 100th game & lately he's been taking better care of the ball. You guys are way to impatient , especially when it comes to a young pg. It took billups 6 seasons & 5 diff teams to get it right. And Stop acting like that's all knight can do is shoot 3's did he shoot a 3 to win the game over Toronto? No he split 2 defenders & finished at the rim. Did he not take it to the rim & score like 5 times on the kings?? His defense isn't to bad did he lock down lillard??? Yes he did & Jennings too. One thing about knight is he shows up against other great pgs. Like d will or Paul which he out played both of them & had less turnovers in those games this yr. Was rondo holiday or conley good pg their 1st couple of yrs??? No they wasn't & rondo had 3 allstars & conley had 3 allstars on his team too. These are growing pains of a young pg deal with it. Thorpe also sad he expects knight to improve a good deal. He didn't say nothing about moving him to sg & I'm sure he knows more about basketball then ether one of us the kid will be fine.
    Being serious, you cant really tell me you see "point guard" in BK.
    I wont lie and say he cant score, he's a decent shooter and a decent 3pt threat, but he cannot pass the ball out. He is NO comparison to Rondo with regard to being a true point. He can shoot better than Rondo, but even in Rondo's first 2 years, he should flashes of good court vision. He handled the ball better and played ALOT better defense. So no comparison there.

My personal opinion is that BK is an undersized 2......

vCash
    I can't quote that dude anymore cause he is pissing the crap out of me.

The difference w/ all your crap comparisons is that Knight came into a situation that allowed him to start at point guard right away w/ heavy minutes, unlike everyone else who gets inconsistent minutes their rookie year. He has become worse this year then he was last. Your suppose to improve!

This is the same dude that compared Knights rookie season to Nashs rookie season saying he's gonna be better then Nash even though he played behind Kidd as a backup playing 10 mpg
    This dude only looks at the apg and ppg and not the minutes they played or other factors that have to be takin into account

And the fact he can't even average 0.5 steals per game. Guards are suppose to average at least 1 a game. The fact he can't see the ball on the defensive end to accomplish something like that shows that he can't see the ball on the offensive end. You can't learn court vision

vCash
    I'm not going to make any comparison of Knight to any other player in the league because if you look at stats one can always find a way to use them to argue the point in their direction. I don't think Knight is the next Stuck, but I also don't know what he is going to be either. I try to remember he is young and still learning and his work ethic is very encouraging to me. I think by the end of the season we should really start to have an idea of what he really is going to be. The NBA is full of streaks... right now Daye and Charlie look like heroes but last year... not so much. I want to be able to have two season to look at for Knight to really get a good sample size of where he is going, thats just me tho. I still have hope.

vCash
    How can u tell how good a player is going to be in his 1st 100 games??? Especially a pg. And no I don't see knight as a pure pg he is a score 1st pg. Pure pg don't grow on trees they are very rare name the last pure pg to be drafted???
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddi Red:24963497
    3.1 turnovers isn't that bad for a 21yr old pg who just played his 100th game & lately he's been taking better care of the ball. You guys are way to impatient , especially when it comes to a young pg. It took billups 6 seasons & 5 diff teams to get it right. And Stop acting like that's all knight can do is shoot 3's did he shoot a 3 to win the game over Toronto? No he split 2 defenders & finished at the rim. Did he not take it to the rim & score like 5 times on the kings?? His defense isn't to bad did he lock down lillard??? Yes he did & Jennings too. One thing about knight is he shows up against other great pgs. Like d will or Paul which he out played both of them & had less turnovers in those games this yr. Was rondo holiday or conley good pg their 1st couple of yrs??? No they wasn't & rondo had 3 allstars & conley had 3 allstars on his team too. These are growing pains of a young pg deal with it. Thorpe also sad he expects knight to improve a good deal. He didn't say nothing about moving him to sg & I'm sure he knows more about basketball then ether one of us the kid will be fine.
    Being serious, you cant really tell me you see "point guard" in BK.
    I wont lie and say he cant score, he's a decent shooter and a decent 3pt threat, but he cannot pass the ball out. He is NO comparison to Rondo with regard to being a true point. He can shoot better than Rondo, but even in Rondo's first 2 years, he should flashes of good court vision. He handled the ball better and played ALOT better defense. So no comparison there.

My personal opinion is that BK is an undersized 2......

vCash
    How can u tell how good a player is going to be in his 1st 100 games??? Especially a pg. And no I don't see knight as a pure pg he is a score 1st pg. Pure pg don't grow on trees they are very rare name the last pure pg to be drafted???

Ricky Rubio

vCash
    We are only saying Knight can "score" cause we all know he is not a point guard and that is the only thing left that he "can do"

He scores, but at what expense? He is shooting close to under 40% from the field. And whatever inconsistent offense he provides he allows on the defensive end. That is not a winning formula

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    [/B]

Ricky Rubio
    There are SO MANY more pure point guards in the league. You don't have to average a lot of assists to be called a pure point. Affordable guys that would fit us would be Jack, Calderon, svhed, vasquez, teague, walker and a lot more that never gets minutes.

I mean Id rather have macadoo then Knight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    There are SO MANY more pure point guards in the league. You don't have to average a lot of assists to be called a pure point. Affordable guys that would fit us would be Jack, Calderon, svhed, vasquez, teague, walker and a lot more that never gets minutes.

He said the last pure PG to be drafted and I cant really think of a good one since Rubio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    He said the last pure PG to be drafted and I cant really think of a good one since Rubio.
    That was really directed to mike, I'm just tired of quoting him lol. So I quoted you instead

And trying to remember who was the last pure point guard to be drafted has nothing to do w/ our type of team needing one of em

vCash
    You are exactly right. Now how many drafts ago was that??? Like 4 & he was a pro in his country b4 that. My point is Pure pg don't come around to often. It's only about 5 of them in the league right now right or wrong???
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32:24964222

Ricky Rubio

vCash
    Thanks for explaining that to Shyfly. The dude actually said kemba walker & teague are pure pgs wow...& how old is jack & calderon like 30???
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32:24964422
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post

vCash
    You are exactly right. Now how many drafts ago was that??? Like 4 & he was a pro in his country b4 that. My point is Pure pg don't come around to often. It's only about 5 of them in the league right now right or wrong???
    oh my goodness. Five?!?! And I guarantee that Stuckey and Knight are 2 of those 5 eh?

And again, what does having a few pg in this league have to do w/ Knight and our team needing one?

Thanks for explaining that to Shyfly. The dude actually said kemba walker & teague are pure pgs wow...& how old is jack & calderon like 30???
    Walker is so much better at being a point guard then Knight will ever be.

And you said there are 5 pure point guards, I just named a whole bunch, but some how Jack and Calderon are not pure point guards cause there 30?
    So when you hit 30 you just stop being a pure point guard?

You don't need to be young to make a pass, were not talking about athletic wings here ... i.e (nash and kidd)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast