Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    How can u tell how good a player is going to be in his 1st 100 games??? Especially a pg. And no I don't see knight as a pure pg he is a score 1st pg. Pure pg don't grow on trees they are very rare name the last pure pg to be drafted???
    i feel you.
    I have hooped long enough and watched enough basketball to know a persons natural tendancies on the court. Albiet, some can be coached into thinking different on the court, but you can't coach instinct and I dont think he has a PG's instinct.
    Also, I dont think his lack of court vision is the biggest problem. I think he is weak minded and let guys get in his head too easy. Again, look at his body language on the court sometimes.
    Anyone who has hooped consistently knows about getting in another guys head.
    On top of that, his defense is not that of a decent PG......even in his second year. For as quick as he appears sometimes, he should be picking pockets left and right.

So overall, yeah, he's a decent scorer, and yeah, he could come off someones bench as a spark, but a ligitimate PG he will not be.
    but this is only my opinion and I have been wrong....once.....maybe twice.
    lol !
    Last edited by Reddi Red; 01-04-2013 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    Yea ok ....& it has alot to do with it. Have u ever stopped to think its the starting lineup & not knight??? Or just a coincidence that stuckey & bynum both have 11assist games with the bench players. Tay & max start so Idc what pg we going and get, until Drummond starts & Tay stops pumpfaking his assist won't ever go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24:24964444
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    He said the last pure PG to be drafted and I cant really think of a good one since Rubio.
    That was really directed to mike, I'm just tired of quoting him lol. So I quoted you instead

And trying to remember who was the last pure point guard to be drafted has nothing to do w/ our type of team needing one of em

vCash
    Yea ok ....& it has alot to do with it. Have u ever stopped to think its the starting lineup & not knight??? Or just a coincidence that stuckey & bynum both have 11assist games with the bench players. Tay & max start so Idc what pg we going and get, until Drummond starts & Tay stops pumpfaking his assist won't ever go up.
    Dude our bench has dominated the last week or so right? Against good teams right? We were killing a bad team in the kings right? Until the 4th when the lineup was ... Bynum, Knight, Daye, CV and Drummond. What happened? The kings came back cause of Jimmer freddette! And who was guarding him? Knight!!!! And what did Knigth do on the offensive end in the 4th? NOTHING!

So your wrong again. Don't act like Knight has never played w/ CV Drummond and Daye before.

vCash
    Do u know how to read??? I mentioned 30 because that's how much more experience they have over knight. So stop twisting my words into Wtf u want them to be instead of what I actually said. Knight is a combo guard which can win u a championship as we seen with billups. Who best apg avg was 5.8 & highest fg% was 44%. Knight is close to that in his 2nd yr. And I agree with you knight does need to improve. But you saying he can't be a pg & he's only played one season is crazy say that after year 3 its way too early.
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24:24965008
    You are exactly right. Now how many drafts ago was that??? Like 4 & he was a pro in his country b4 that. My point is Pure pg don't come around to often. It's only about 5 of them in the league right now right or wrong???
    oh my goodness. Five?!?! And I guarantee that Stuckey and Knight are 2 of those 5 eh?

And again, what does having a few pg in this league have to do w/ Knight and our team needing one?

Thanks for explaining that to Shyfly. The dude actually said kemba walker & teague are pure pgs wow...& how old is jack & calderon like 30???
    Walker is so much better at being a point guard then Knight will ever be.

And you said there are 5 pure point guards, I just named a whole bunch, but some how Jack and Calderon are not pure point guards cause there 30?
    So when you hit 30 you just stop being a pure point guard?

You don't need to be young to make a pass, were not talking about athletic wings here ... i.e (nash and kidd)

vCash
    Do u know how to read??? I mentioned 30 because that's how much more experience they have over knight. So stop twisting my words into Wtf u want them to be instead of what I actually said. Knight is a combo guard which can win u a championship as we seen with billups. Who best apg avg was 5.8 & highest fg% was 44%. Knight is close to that in his 2nd yr. And I agree with you knight does need to improve. But you saying he can't be a pg & he's only played one season is crazy say that after year 3 its way too early.
    Did you not say that there are only 5 pure point guards in the league? Is Jack and calderon one of those in your books? Why don't you stop contradicting yourself and then maybe people will understand wtf your trying to get across
    And calderons age has nothing to do w/ anything, he was always a pure point guard, he just got inconsistent minutes. But right after he got those minutes, he averaged close to 9 assists a game.
    And even w/ calderong averaging 20 mpg his first 2 seasons he still averaged more assists then knight

Stop comparing Knight to billups earlier in his career! STOP! Billups had in incosistent role w/ inconsistent minutes, Knight does not!!! Billups played on a winning team where teams focused and played harder defense then they do w/ Knight.
    Knight never gets doubled team, there should be no reason for him to shoot close to under 40% and shooting a higher 3pt%

The fact he his shooting a higher 3pt% then 2pt% explains soo much!

vCash
    Wow really??? You're lying again. Singler was in the game until frank benched him & put knight in with like 4mins to go. Why??? because Singler was getting what r u talking about??? Knight shoots 11 times per game & kemba shoots 17 sounds like a score 1st pg to me . If knight was to shoot that many times he would avg 20-22ppg. Then you told another lie did cv & daye even play last yr??? I'm sure cv didn't & daye was out the rotation by wk 3. And wasn't that knights rookie year so how could your statement be true??? Drummond & knight has played together what maybe 20-30mins out of 34games you are too funny with all these lies...
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24:24965198
    Dude our bench has dominated the last week or so right? Against good teams right? We were killing a bad team in the kings right? Until the 4th when the lineup was ... Bynum, Knight, Daye, CV and Drummond. What happened? The kings came back cause of Jimmer freddette! And who was guarding him? Knight!!!! And what did Knigth do on the offensive end in the 4th? NOTHING!

So your wrong again. Don't act like Knight has never played w/ CV Drummond and Daye before.

vCash
    3.1 turnovers isn't that bad for a 21yr old pg who just played his 100th game & lately he's been taking better care of the ball. You guys are way to impatient , especially when it comes to a young pg. It took billups 6 seasons & 5 diff teams to get it right. And Stop acting like that's all knight can do is shoot 3's did he shoot a 3 to win the game over Toronto? No he split 2 defenders & finished at the rim. Did he not take it to the rim & score like 5 times on the kings?? His defense isn't to bad did he lock down lillard??? Yes he did & Jennings too. One thing about knight is he shows up against other great pgs. Like d will or Paul which he out played both of them & had less turnovers in those games this yr. Was rondo holiday or conley good pg their 1st couple of yrs??? No they wasn't & rondo had 3 allstars & conley had 3 allstars on his team too. These are growing pains of a young pg deal with it. Thorpe also sad he expects knight to improve a good deal. He didn't say nothing about moving him to sg & I'm sure he knows more about basketball then ether one of us the kid will be fine.
    dude i like knight and hope he becomes out savior but the way hes been playing is so inconsistent, i wanna talk about knight in terms of present and not hope to see waht he becomes because he shows flashes of being a good scorer with decent passing skills, i wish he ends up avgin alike 20 and 5

but take drummond for example, inconsistent role, weak minutes up until now, and hes having us talk about him being our future, a potential superstar on the level of dwight and lebron possibly, players have to make u believe consistently that they can get it done, and the way knight has played it leaves a lot to be desired.

Ill give him the rest of this season and probably next season and hope hes our guy, but if not i hope dumars drafts trey burke or someone just in case knight faulters, but we have a dumbass GM who doesnt think normally anyway.
    Last edited by Spiggity_ace; 01-04-2013 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    I agree with u his defense def needs work. But guess what our whole team defense needs work accept Drummond. And Look at how cv & daye defense looks now but its really drummond making their defense look 10times better then it really is. Because players have to think twice about going to rim with Drummond in the game. He needs to be aggressive & cut his turnovers down to like 2-2.5. And really what pgs have been legitimate besides rubio lately??? They are called ether combo guards or score first pgs and teams including the pistons have been very successful with those type of guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddi Red:24965116
    How can u tell how good a player is going to be in his 1st 100 games??? Especially a pg. And no I don't see knight as a pure pg he is a score 1st pg. Pure pg don't grow on trees they are very rare name the last pure pg to be drafted???
    i feel you.
    I have hooped long enough and watched enough basketball to know a persons natural tendancies on the court. Albiet, some can be coached into thinking different on the court, but you can coach instinct and I dont think he has a PG's instinct.
    Also, I dont think his lack of court vision is the biggest problem. I think he is weak minded and let guys get in his head too easy. Again, look at his body language on the court sometimes.
    Anyone who has hooped consistently knows about getting in another guys head.
    On top of that, his defense is not that of a decent PG......even in his second year. For as quick as he appears sometimes, he should be picking pockets left and right.

So overall, yeah, he's a decent scorer, and yeah, he could come off someones bench as a spark, but a ligitimate PG he will not be.
    but this is only my opinion and I have been wrong....once.....maybe twice.
    lol !

vCash
    Spiggity I agree with u 95% lol. But cmon a player like drummond happens maybe every 5 yrs. And yet every nba scout said he would need 3yrs to become as good as he is now. So that's def not a fair comparison at all. Because we all know some players get it quicker then others. I'll give him this yr & next like u said & still draft burke or a sf just to be cautious. That way he finally plays with drummond & maybe max & assist killer Tay will be long gone lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiggity_ace:24965762
    3.1 turnovers isn't that bad for a 21yr old pg who just played his 100th game & lately he's been taking better care of the ball. You guys are way to impatient , especially when it comes to a young pg. It took billups 6 seasons & 5 diff teams to get it right. And Stop acting like that's all knight can do is shoot 3's did he shoot a 3 to win the game over Toronto? No he split 2 defenders & finished at the rim. Did he not take it to the rim & score like 5 times on the kings?? His defense isn't to bad did he lock down lillard??? Yes he did & Jennings too. One thing about knight is he shows up against other great pgs. Like d will or Paul which he out played both of them & had less turnovers in those games this yr. Was rondo holiday or conley good pg their 1st couple of yrs??? No they wasn't & rondo had 3 allstars & conley had 3 allstars on his team too. These are growing pains of a young pg deal with it. Thorpe also sad he expects knight to improve a good deal. He didn't say nothing about moving him to sg & I'm sure he knows more about basketball then ether one of us the kid will be fine.
    dude i like knight and hope he becomes out savior but the way hes been playing is so inconsistent, i wanna talk about knight in terms of present and not hope to see waht he becomes because he shows flashes of being a good scorer with decent passing skills, i wish he ends up avgin alike 20 and 5

but take drummond for example, inconsistent role, weak minutes up until now, and hes having us talk about him being our future, a potential superstar on the level of dwight and lebron possibly, players have to make u believe consistently that they can get it done, and the way knight has played it leaves a lot to be desired.

Ill give him the rest of this season and probably next season and hope hes our guy, but if not i hope dumars drafts trey burke or someone just in case knight faulters, but we have a dumbass GM who doesnt think normally anyway.

vCash
    Spiggity I agree with u 95% lol. But cmon a player like drummond happens maybe every 5 yrs. And yet every nba scout said he would need 3yrs to become as good as he is now. So that's def not a fair comparison at all. Because we all know some players get it quicker then others. I'll give him this yr & next like u said & still draft burke or a sf just to be cautious. That way he finally plays with drummond & maybe max & assist killer Tay will be long gone lol.
    I was just using drummond as a comparison beacuse he shows us what he can do even in limited minutes, brandon knight on the other hand apparently Can score and can distibute according to scouts and analysts but we havent really seen it consistently.

drummonds are rarer than 5 yrs too bro lol

but i can see you know where im coming from.

vCash
    I agree with u 100% now lol... u
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiggity_ace:24966151
    I was just using drummond as a comparison beacuse he shows us what he can do even in limited minutes, brandon knight on the other hand apparently Can score and can distibute according to scouts and analysts but we havent really seen it consistently.

drummonds are rarer than 5 yrs too bro lol

but i can see you know where im coming from.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123