Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Up yours, Oliver.

vCash
    X2 everything in the thread
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    you need to see what you can get for him and if the return is something that can really help the team then make the trade but if it doesn't make us a better team then let him retire, i wanted him back he can still produce.

Lind and Oliver

to Texas for Moreland

vCash
    our bullpen is our only flaw and it will keep us from going far in the playoffs, i hate when we have so many pieces in place but never go for it fully, we are gonna regret this when an unproven closer in janssen blows games. Lincoln is a joke, delabar unproven. Lots of question marks, really worried that this is what brings jays hope of an exciting season to an end.

vCash
    He's your best reliever last season. I'd say give him a reasonable raise. I could understand if we had a strong pen but its actually a lot weaker than peoe think. Oliver would be vital

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayswseries2013 View Post
    our bullpen is our only flaw and it will keep us from going far in the playoffs, i hate when we have so many pieces in place but never go for it fully, we are gonna regret this when an unproven closer in janssen blows games. Lincoln is a joke, delabar unproven. Lots of question marks, really worried that this is what brings jays hope of an exciting season to an end.
    Wait wwhats your beef with Lincoln and Janseen (especially janseen)? Lincoln has been an effective reliever the past 2 years

vCash
    Hahaha, let this joker stay retired. There's no way AA is gonna let someone disrespect his contracts like that.

vCash
    A contract is a contract IS a contract.......

You want to break a contract by wanting more money, get out of the contract....you want to retire if you dont like the money you pay, RETIRE!!!!!!

I thought he was a class act last year, now I see him as an old guy wanting one more big paycheck.

vCash
    I seem to recall another Oliver asking for a little more. Didn't work out so well then, either.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana235 View Post
    Let him retire, if Bautista and Dickey are willing to play with below market contracts, then this guy certainly can.
    Dickey wasn't. He budged 1m, not a big swap

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayswseries2013 View Post
    I think the BP is decent now...

You also have to figure that we have starters that will go 6-8 innings this years so the pen won't be abused as much as it was.

What happened to the good old day when you just needed 2 guys in the pen. Ward/Henke...we were spoiled.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Ambivalent about this. Big first step in that he is tangibly open to coming back but trying to milk the team is kind of a d-bag move. I know he's been close a few times with texas but we are world series faves, if that isn't tantilizing enough to give it one last hurrah, i dunno man.

Selfish hired gun or just too old and indifferent to comply and be on someone else's terms? I bet/hope A.A bites, having been in on grilli and frasor.

vCash
    Well he has no choice, if Toronto agrees to pick it up he has to play or retire. No other options for him...

vCash
    Grab JP Howell or trade for someone else.

vCash
    I raise him the middle finger

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast