Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,775
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    Ellis will always be remembered as the "loser" and Curry the "winner"
    Well that is a quite accurate label of the two players.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

    "Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,581
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    its clear that you probably boo'ed the new owners and are a fan favorite of monta...an overrated scorer who couldnt d up and only got steals because of the way teams ran all over us
    I didn't boo but I understand why they booed. people are tired of tanking.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,581
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    Our ball movement is really something this year. Monta stopped all ball movement. That is a fact. Jackson did as well. We now have a better team offense.
    You people need to stop with the exaggeration.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14,657
    vCash
    1500
    ^^ monta was on a team where everyone was milking injuries... when he had some talent on the team like in the we believe year- he was very efficient. I mean monta had the choice of passing it to ronnie turiaf, anthony tolliver, and mikki moore... or try and beat a tripple team by himself (he made the right choice out of horrible options)

    this year they have guys like jarrett jack, carl landryand curry and lee have been healthy all year (never the case with ellis)
    A role model if I ever knew one

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amidst A Giants Dynasty: 3in5
    Posts
    33,063
    vCash
    1279
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    HELL NO...unless he never brought the ball up the floor and was more of a role player like the 'We Believe' season...I could see it working if he got 25 minutes a game and not 35-40 and he would take away from everyboddy elses game. DUDE WAS A CANCER REAL TALK...monta's +/- will always be trash and he will never shoot for a good fg% he had to go for us to win. THE END.

    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    well i dont think this is a low blow thread by any means. All phillies asked was given the teams success now, would you want monta back?

    a fair question imo and hardly a cheapshot
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    Well, the answer to this is simple. With team's current success, no, I do not want Ellis back.

    However, I do believe, if it was possible that he could get traded for Klay Thompson, he would improve the team.
    Fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    its clear that you probably boo'ed the new owners and are a fan favorite of monta...an overrated scorer who couldnt d up and only got steals because of the way teams ran all over us
    lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdreton View Post
    Lol haha that's stupid as hell. Ellis would be a huge downgrade defensively over Thompson. Not to mention our offensive gameplan would have to change with Monta in the line up. Ur assumption that if we replace Thompson for Monta we would be better is laughable! Thompson provides space for lee to do his work in the middle off the screen and roll. Look at the clipper game for example. The clips blitz the pick and roll on curry which provided a 4 on 3 in our favor. With the ball in lees hands where he can shoot drive or pass it's deadly. We run it that way all the time bro. Thompson is a knock down shooter that why he stands where he stands. Monta can shoot threes but not at same clip. Furthermore I have never seen Monta block a shot where Thompson has done it on a more consistent bases. Monta would not make this team better unless he is a 6th man and wants to play off ball most of time.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,581
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdreton View Post
    Lol haha that's stupid as hell. Ellis would be a huge downgrade defensively over Thompson. Not to mention our offensive gameplan would have to change with Monta in the line up. Ur assumption that if we replace Thompson for Monta we would be better is laughable! Thompson provides space for lee to do his work in the middle off the screen and roll. Look at the clipper game for example. The clips blitz the pick and roll on curry which provided a 4 on 3 in our favor. With the ball in lees hands where he can shoot drive or pass it's deadly. We run it that way all the time bro. Thompson is a knock down shooter that why he stands where he stands. Monta can shoot threes but not at same clip. Furthermore I have never seen Monta block a shot where Thompson has done it on a more consistent bases. Monta would not make this team better unless he is a 6th man and wants to play off ball most of time.
    Klay is nothing more than a spot up shooter. Another Anthony Morrow.

    Believe it or not, he has worse field goal percentage than Monta this year and that's with Monta's horrible start to the year which btw has changed since he got Eastern Conference Player of the Week last week.

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/klay_thompson/

    Klay is averaging 2 assists in 35 minutes. Monta is averaging 5.7 per game.


    You say Klay is blocking more shots and playing better D?

    Ellis with his small size is averaging 0.5 blocks per game. Klay is averaging 0.6

    Ellis is stealing at 1.7 spg. Klay is stealing at 0.9


    Klay's D rating is 106. Ellis' D rating is 104.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    15,222
    vCash
    1500
    If you think Ellis' defense is anywhere near Thompsons, I don't know if I can take you serious as a poster to be honest. Defensive rating is more of a defensive team stat. Thompsons defense is currenlyt way better than Ellis', and he's in his second season. Not too mention that he puts up 16 points without having to have the ball like Ellis did.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,856
    vCash
    1500
    he shoots less because he makes more threes

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,010
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah that post couldn't be serious asandhu.

    Thompson is a way better defender than Monta



    she says go for the championship

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,581
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If you think Ellis' defense is anywhere near Thompsons, I don't know if I can take you serious as a poster to be honest. Defensive rating is more of a defensive team stat. Thompsons defense is currenlyt way better than Ellis', and he's in his second season. Not too mention that he puts up 16 points without having to have the ball like Ellis did.
    its an individual player stat unless you are telling me the team has 12 different defense ratings.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,581
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    he shoots less because he makes more threes
    no. He shoots less because he is the third scoring option on this team,

    Curry is 1. Lee is 2.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,581
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Yeah that post couldn't be serious asandhu.

    Thompson is a way better defender than Monta
    No. They are around the same level with Ellis being slightly better.

    Ellis has more Defensive win shares and better D Rating. Better but not by much.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,581
    vCash
    500
    Anyway, Ellis is gone. Team's moved on. We need to move on.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,856
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    no. He shoots less because he is the third scoring option on this team,

    Curry is 1. Lee is 2.
    3rd scoring option and attempts the most threes on the team

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,581
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    3rd scoring option and attempts the most threes on the team
    Half his shots are from there.

    out of 14.2 shot per game this year, he's attempted 7 three pointers per game.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •