Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    none of us are blaming monta..i think.

i dont remember people blaming him here at least. monta never got a fair chance with a decent team.

but as it stands now, we are winning, and thats all that matters

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I would never go back to Monta clearly team ball is better than one man ball. As a single player Monta is nice. If he makes an effort to change from sg to pg and play a more team game he would have more value, but as a small sg who puts up 30 shots a game not so much. It's obvious that we got the best of the trade everything worked out. Even if bogut never plays and retires we would have his 12 mill off the books rj 9 or so mill off the books and beans 11 mill off the books to find a starting center. Not sure how much Currys money eats into that but that gives us huge flexibility it was all around the best move we could have hoped for!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    none of us are blaming monta..i think.

i dont remember people blaming him here at least. monta never got a fair chance with a decent team.

but as it stands now, we are winning, and thats all that matters
    Really? this whole thread is aimed at me and Mibs because we are the few Ellis supporters out there.

Look at WWL's post. Ellis wasn't the cancer.

Cohan was the cancer.

Always looked for D-League players rather than legitimate NBA players so he wouldn't have to pay them as much. Hell, we actually got good at finding D-League players to the point NBA media applauded how we found Anthony Morrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdreton View Post
    I would never go back to Monta clearly team ball is better than one man ball. As a single player Monta is nice. If he makes an effort to change from sg to pg and play a more team game he would have more value, but as a small sg who puts up 30 shots a game not so much. It's obvious that we got the best of the trade everything worked out. Even if bogut never plays and retires we would have his 12 mill off the books rj 9 or so mill off the books and beans 11 mill off the books to find a starting center. Not sure how much Currys money eats into that but that gives us huge flexibility it was all around the best move we could have hoped for!

Blatant Exaggeration. He's never put up 30 shots a game. Not even close.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ellismo01.html

vCash
    well i dont think this is a low blow thread by any means. All phillies asked was given the teams success now, would you want monta back?

a fair question imo and hardly a cheapshot

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Ellis never really had the pieces to work with. I remember countless number of games where Ellis had to do everything to keep the team within the game. The key to this year's success has been the bench- the team always either had a dismantled bench or a bench that flat out produced very little

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    well i dont think this is a low blow thread by any means. All phillies asked was given the teams success now, would you want monta back?

a fair question imo and hardly a cheapshot

Well, the answer to this is simple. With team's current success, no, I do not want Ellis back.

However, I do believe, if it was possible that he could get traded for Klay Thompson, he would improve the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post
    Ellis never really had the pieces to work with. I remember countless number of games where Ellis had to do everything to keep the team within the game. The key to this year's success has been the bench- the team always either had a dismantled bench or a bench that flat out produced very little
    Thank you. Ellis didn't even have a center. He didn't even have a real power forward until Lee came here.

Biedrins is non existent. We were playing with Turiaf and Anthony Randolph. Anthony Randolph was the "NEXT LAMAR ODOM". What happened to him?

We traded Jamal Crawford away because he was the "cancer" and he ended up being a great sixth man on the Hawks.

vCash
    who's shot selection is worse: Ellis or Thompson? Ellis pulling up for a mid-range jumper with 16 on the shot clock OR Klay bombing contested threes whenever he touches the ball? Hmm..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    Really? this whole thread is aimed at me and Mibs because we are the few Ellis supporters out there.

Look at WWL's post. Ellis wasn't the cancer.

Cohan was the cancer.

Always looked for D-League players rather than legitimate NBA players so he wouldn't have to pay them as much. Hell, we actually got good at finding D-League players to the point NBA media applauded how we found Anthony Morrow.
    its clear that you probably boo'ed the new owners and are a fan favorite of monta...an overrated scorer who couldnt d up and only got steals because of the way teams ran all over us

vCash
    Blatant Exaggeration. He's never put up 30 shots a game. Not even close.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ellismo01.html
    Obviously but you got my point thanks for being so literal!
    If anything you should have corrected rj 9 million salary I'm sure he doesn't make 9 million even.
    It's a little off topic but how much money would we have after beans and rj are off the books? And what should we do with it?

vCash
    I love Monta, but I really don't think the Warriors would be playing the way they are now with Monta. This team is now more diversified with their scoring and the ball movement has improved. I'm not saying Monta is a cancer, just saying that this team has fared well without Monta, not because of health alone, but coupled with opportunity. Simply, the opportunities for Klay(who doesn't need to be a number 1 or 2 option to be effective), David Lee (playing phenomenalLEE), Steph, and even the bench, specifically Jack, have all been increased.

This is not taking away from Monta Ellis as a player, but once ownership decided to stick with Steph it became apparent, Ellis' services to this team were no longer the focal point of the offense, but rather than Ellis running the show (30.7% usage while on the court with the Warriors last year, 28.1% in 2010/11 and, 29.4% in 09/10) it became a more diversified team as they got healthier.

I still feel for Monta and wish him the best of luck, but no I would not take him back on this team.

vCash
    Well, the answer to this is simple. With team's current success, no, I do not want Ellis back.

However, I do believe, if it was possible that he could get traded for Klay Thompson, he would improve the team.
    Lol haha that's stupid as hell. Ellis would be a huge downgrade defensively over Thompson. Not to mention our offensive gameplan would have to change with Monta in the line up. Ur assumption that if we replace Thompson for Monta we would be better is laughable! Thompson provides space for lee to do his work in the middle off the screen and roll. Look at the clipper game for example. The clips blitz the pick and roll on curry which provided a 4 on 3 in our favor. With the ball in lees hands where he can shoot drive or pass it's deadly. We run it that way all the time bro. Thompson is a knock down shooter that why he stands where he stands. Monta can shoot threes but not at same clip. Furthermore I have never seen Monta block a shot where Thompson has done it on a more consistent bases. Monta would not make this team better unless he is a 6th man and wants to play off ball most of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post
    who's shot selection is worse: Ellis or Thompson? Ellis pulling up for a mid-range jumper with 16 on the shot clock OR Klay bombing contested threes whenever he touches the ball? Hmm..
    Thompson is a second year player trying to find his way. Monta has been in the league forever. So you can't really compare also within the last 10 games or so Thompson has taken less of those contested threes. He has settled into more of a team game rather than chucking up shots. And I would take Thompsons shots any day bc at least he can gaurd someone on the other end of the floor, Monta can't. Hmmm

vCash
    Our ball movement is really something this year. Monta stopped all ball movement. That is a fact. Jackson did as well. We now have a better team offense.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast