Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Monta Ellis: Revisited

So I know it's kind of a garbage-ish thread, much like over da pences best, but hear me out for just a second, then if you feel compelled to do so, scrap this thread mackshock.

But I really just wanted to ask asandhu and mibs a question and feared this would get lost in another thread: Since Bogut is still injured and basically nonexistent except for a distant hope, would you take Ellis back for Bogut, or give anything for Monta again? In short, do you think with the way the team has chemistry and is winning now, could reintegrate Monta and it would still work, or make us even better? Why or why not?

I am not seriously suggesting it would ever happen, just a fantasy matchup scenario style example that would never go down but I think would be interesting to ponder over.

Others are welcome to chime in of course.
    Last edited by lol, please; 01-04-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I would reply to your garbage thread, but you didn't ask me

vCash
    Na. Definitely addition by subtraction. Curry's better without Ellis, so is Thompson, and so is Lee. And since Curry is now the best player on the team, and he's actually putting in an effort on defense (unlike Ellis), all the role players are playing defense as well. Plus, when Bogut comes back, were going to make another jump to get up their with the elite teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    I would be interested in knowing what alternative trade scenarios were on the table. But we aren't going to learn this information.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SugeKnight View Post
    I would reply to your garbage thread, but you didn't ask me
    haha, i was thinking of them when I made it but everyone is welcome to share their thoughts.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnen#31 View Post
    I would be interested in knowing what alternative trade scenarios were on the table. But we aren't going to learn this information.
    This

vCash
    Yeah I think they got the best deal. I can't think of a more fair, or better deal when trading small for big if Bogut ever gets healthy.

Everybody forgets we traded udon as well.. He was in the trade!! Lolol

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Everything worked out for us.

No trade for Monta, no tank, no coinflip, no Barnes, no Ezeli (via Spurs) no RJ to mentor Barnes (via Spurs) no Draymond potentially..those are all key players to this team.

Some of my peoples call Ellis a cancer to the Warriors, seeing as we are winning without him. Me and KillaT had a discussion about this eating McDonalds..and Monta isn't a cancer.

While it's true that we are winning now without him, KillaT says we are winning because of a solid bench in Landry & Jack. He also thinks we would be a better team with Monta + Landry and Jack.

But I told him if we had Monta, we never wouldve have traded for Jack, and with no Jack, Landry isn't compelled to come here seeing as they were teammates in New Orleans.

But yeah Monta Ellis never had a chance to prove himself with a solid bench. Monta Ellis isnt the sole reason that were winning right now without him, but regardless of anything else, winning is winning. Nothing else matters in my opinion.

As long as we are winning now, it doesnt matter who won the Ellis-Bogut trade, it doesnt matter what went down, because we are winning now, and that is what matters.

And if it's any consolation, even though Bogut isn't playing, we have a better record than the Bucks..does that makes us winners of the trade?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    The way I look at it we won the trade I understand bogut has only played a hand full of games, and dont get me wrong I liked elis but if he was still on the team we wouldnt have the same chemistry not to mention harison barnes and festus ezeli or jarret jack for that matter, I dont think we wouldve traded whright

vCash
    HELL NO...unless he never brought the ball up the floor and was more of a role player like the 'We Believe' season...I could see it working if he got 25 minutes a game and not 35-40 and he would take away from everyboddy elses game. DUDE WAS A CANCER REAL TALK...monta's +/- will always be trash and he will never shoot for a good fg% he had to go for us to win. THE END.

vCash
    I agree with Mack.

Even though the trade paid immediate dividends for the Bucks, I think we "won" in the trade if talking long term. I also wouldn't call Ellis a cancer to a team, but he's not the type of player that can carry a team like a majority of fans thought he could. There's no doubt that he can score, but realistically speaking, Ellis would best be a 6th man on a contending team. I see him much like J.R. Smith (ability to start, but better off the bench) We could debate how if we didn't trade Ellis, this wouldn't have happened and such, but in the end winning is winning and that's the only thing that should matter.

If in some alternate universe where Ellis "wanted" to come back to GSW, he'd be a great addition to the bench if he were ever to accept that role. In addition, he would have to learn to play a little more team oriented ball.

vCash
    I would still rather have an injured with a chance at coming back Bogut then Monta.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    HELL NO...unless he never brought the ball up the floor and was more of a role player like the 'We Believe' season...I could see it working if he got 25 minutes a game and not 35-40 and he would take away from everyboddy elses game. DUDE WAS A CANCER REAL TALK...monta's +/- will always be trash and he will never shoot for a good fg% he had to go for us to win. THE END.
    1. Monta's +/- was trash because he always played HUGE minutes on ****** teams. They played him with D-League players who always went on a negative turn.

2. This team is doing much better because this team is looooooooads better than any team ( except We Believe team ). Look at Ellis' team roster. Do you really think any of those rosters had a chance against this team?

3. Ellis teams were always full of injuries. You can't even dispute that. You know it's true.

4. Ellis had at-the-end-of-his-career Don Nelson as his coach. Then he had Keith Smart... not a good coach. Then he had a rookie coach in Mark Jackson.

5. Ellis' teams were ordered to tank for draft picks. Lacob told them to do it last year. This year, he isn't doing it.

6. You guys forget that until David Lee got his arm nearly chewed off by Wilson Chandler, the Warriors were on a huge run earlier in the season. That was WITH Ellis.

7. OP, the trade was a huge gamble. Until the free agency happened the way it did, we were marking this season off. This is nothing but a low blow thread.

vCash
    yeah, i was also going to say right now we have better ball movement better team chemistry and camaraderie..looks like the guys are having fun out there while playing disciplined ball. give the front office credit for constructing such a team, and give the coaching staff credit for making all of this happen.

those who booed lacob are feeling stupid now

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Like I said many times this season, Ellis is the victim of this team's newfound success. Ellis will always be remembered as the "loser" and Curry the "winner" when it certainly isn't Ellis' fault that W's lost during his tenure.

His chemistry issues started near the end of his tenure here because he was pretty much frustrated out of his mind with all the tanking.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast