Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Regarding RF, the Yankees could have had the switch hitting Nick Swisher for $13 million (his contract with Cleveland) or right handed hitting Justin Upton for $14.5 million (his contract with Arizona) in 2014 plus an occasional amount of playing time for Ichiro out there, batting left handed. Juston Upton might be worth the $1.5 million plus some alocation of Ichiro's salary when we want another lefty in the lineup (and not to mention some proration of Youkalis's salary to spell Texiera at 1B now that Swisher is gone) more than Swisher, but not the 3 prospects that it would take to get him on top of that money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Regarding RF, the Yankees could have had the switch hitting Nick Swisher for $13 million (his contract with Cleveland) or right handed hitting Justin Upton for $14.5 million (his contract with Arizona) in 2014 plus an occasional amount of playing time for Ichiro out there, batting left handed. Juston Upton might be worth the $1.5 million plus some alocation of Ichiro's salary when we want another lefty in the lineup (and not to mention some proration of Youkalis's salary to spell Texiera at 1B now that Swisher is gone) more than Swisher, but not the 3 prospects that it would take to get him on top of that money.
    Wut

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    they are more likely to trade kubel, which i would actually be interested in
    Kubel's alright...not my cup of tea. Cashman ain't going for another lefty anyway.

vCash

trade

If I remember, upton had almost 200 k's last year. They don't need two batters in the lineup with 200 k's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Kubel's alright...not my cup of tea. Cashman ain't going for another lefty anyway.
    kubel is more likely than upton for us
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    pass on both, play dickerson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    kubel is more likely than upton for us
    Neither are likely for us. Only trade that makes sense for the Yanks is Morse, since he's right handed and will cost the least prospects

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sir duke View Post
    If I remember, upton had almost 200 k's last year. They don't need two batters in the lineup with 200 k's.
    Nope. 130s. He had 157 in 2010.

vCash
    upton is like christmas, you get exited about it, you talk about it and cant wait till it gets here but then you get to christmas and realize that its just like any other day only that you have spent more than you should and feel like an idiot for having too many drinks

vCash
    ^ interesting simile. Although, are you saying there are a bunch of players out there like upton? Sorry to disappoint you, but players like him are not a dime a dozen. I don't necessarily like him or think we should trade specs for him, but I recognize he's a good player and would help us, in theory.

vCash
    huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    ^ interesting simile. Although, are you saying there are a bunch of players out there like upton? Sorry to disappoint you, but players like him are not a dime a dozen. I don't necessarily like him or think we should trade specs for him, but I recognize he's a good player and would help us, in theory.
    well yeah if he was on our team and cost nothing that would be a plus but the price in money and prospects that would take to get him wont match what he brings, hes not an elite star hes just had the potential tag on him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    well yeah if he was on our team and cost nothing that would be a plus but the price in money and prospects that would take to get him wont match what he brings, hes not an elite star hes just had the potential tag on him
    Well yeah, I'm not trying to trade our farm for him. We might as well try for Stanton in that case. I just would love to have him, at the right price of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sir duke View Post
    Your memory is incorrect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Neither are likely for us. Only trade that makes sense for the Yanks is Morse, since he's right handed and will cost the least prospects
    Not so sure about that.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast