sign Scott Harriston ( or whatever how its spelled)
How can you write a 25 year old outfielder off so quickly? I'm aware of his Home / Away splits but in the right lineup, he can hit his peak and he has a really high one. Upton brings an element this team needs. He is a big ticket item. Arizona pressured themselves into a corner by having this saga run on so long. Upton isn't pleased with all the trade talk and not feeling wanted in Arizona. I would be surprised if he's their RF in 2013.
Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 01-03-2013 at 06:24 PM.
What is this guy even good at?
As far as I can tell, he's only good at potentially being good.
Kinda like every draft pick.
Leo's Thought Of The Day
Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.
He's also been called out numerous times for being lazy.
1. He strikes out fairly a lot. We already have that in granderson.
2. He doesn't hustle. We have that already in cano.
3. He has a high price tag in both cost and prospects.
4. He's not an upgrade over Swisher except in the outfield.
2) He's 25 years old.
3) Has posted an .898 OPS two times (2009 and 2011) with a 3.8 WAR and 5.7 WAR in those years. Voted to the All Star team both times.
3) Every year, his OBP is .355 or higher and history shows that will increase as he enters his prime and becomes a better ball player.
4) He's right handed, Yankees have Gardner, Granderson, and Ichiro all lefties.
5) Wouldn't cost as much as Giancarlo Stanton.
6) Arizona doesn't need a Short stop anymore, they have changed their original stance in terms of what they want back in a trade.
7) Finished second in the NL in runs scored with 107. Only Ryan Braun scored more times than Upton did.
8) Worried about Cano after 2013. He might not return and this team will be screwed without power to build around.
9) His contract keeps him with us until 2015 (2013: $9.75 million, 2014: $14.25 million, 2015: $14.5 million)
10) Upside in acquiring him, far out weighs the downside. We need to make improvements to the Offense. You can't expect to be the same hitting team after losing the power supplied by Ibanez, Swisher, Chavez, and Arod.
Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 01-03-2013 at 06:47 PM.
I could see Yankees taking Kubel of Arizona's hands as well.