Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    "Possibly". Upton WILL fill a position of need - a young right handed OF bat.

How does that not help?
    So possibly trading away a C, OF, and SP, C(four needs to fill one) is more hurtful.

And the Yankees came out and said they are going to fast track Heathcott for the outfield and he could see playing time in the majors outfield this year and be a full timer next year. Fast tracking isn't something the Yankees normally do. Hints are there they will never be in on Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Your obviously clueless. You obviously don't understand what I'm saying by over rated. I never thought said he wasn't a good ball player. But his strike outs are alarming. 135 a year roughly, his home and away splits. Also the fact that people think he's going to be the savoir of this team. Everyone wants to give up the farm for the guy.

The Yankees are trying to cut down on payroll not pay someone 10-15 million a year.

The Yankees don't really have the prospects to get him. Outside of bullpen depth almost all of our talent is in the first lower levels. So by trading away the little that we have to fill one position isn't helping, it's Hurting.

After this year.

3B- can arod stay healthy and play 3rd base
    SS- can Jeter stay healthy and play Short stop
    2B- cano gone? Adams ready?
    Granderson- gone
    Hughes?
    Losing kuroda and pettitte?
    Catcher-? Lol?

Our only own starters are

Sabathia(injury concerns)
    Nova- can he lower his XBH and BB?
    Phelps- will he be good enough to stay in the back of the rotation?

I just don't think he's worth what they are asking for him PLUS his salary over the next 3 years. Add too fact almost any team can put together a better package then us to get him. To me he is not worth it. He's over rated compared to what is going to be givin up to get him.
    I'm not clueless, but your concerns in terms of things like his strikeout rate are over the top. Nobody wants a player that continually strikes out (Granderson...), but you're argument that they're alarming isn't warranted. He had one bad year with strikeouts, but only 1 of the other 4 was at 135 or higher (137), which isn't THAT bad. Aside from that, he's struck out less each year consistently starting in 2010, while his walk rates have remained consistent. On top of that, he's grounding into fewer double plays. As a whole, he is unquestionably becoming better at the plate. Just to further illustrate, Mike Trout (who was arguably the MVP this year and posted a ridiculous season) struck out more than Upton did. Furthering that idea, he struck out more this season than Upton has in 3 of the past 4 seasons.

His home/away splits cause some concern, but playing in Yankee stadium with a more stacked lineup should help him.

Upton isnt a necessity, but with the way the team is headed it would be nice to get a young player thats already very gifted and is still very young. I'm all for trading him depending on the prospects, I've said that before. If we can get him on the semi-cheap, I'd pull the trigger, otherwise I'd have to really think about it.

vCash
    And, for the record, I wasn't targeting you specifically when I called people clueless...because there really are people who think he's bad. Makes no sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    So possibly trading away a C, OF, and SP, C(four needs to fill one) is more hurtful.

And the Yankees came out and said they are going to fast track Heathcott for the outfield and he could see playing time in the majors outfield this year and be a full timer next year. Fast tracking isn't something the Yankees normally do. Hints are there they will never be in on Upton.
    Why do teams ever trade prospects for one player then? Because the majority of prospects never make a big impact.

And don't get me wrong - I'm not advocating trading the farm for Upton. I'm advocating making a trade if the price is right. No doubt that would cost a top prospect or two though.

And yeah, I doubt the Yankees make the move for Upton. That doesn't mean its the right move. If not making moves was always the right move then the Yankees would be having an amazing offseason.

vCash
    Honestly, what it would cost to get Upton, you're better off adding another piece or two and getting Stanton. But seeing as how neither will happen, I am going to go and fondle myself to the thought of Stanton in a Yankees uniform.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    63-61

G: 111 | AVG: .269 | HR: 3| RBI: 32| OBP: .319 | SLG: .322 | wOBA: .290 | wRC: 80

vCash

vCash
    I understand all the counter arguments for Justin Upton.

I understand it is highly unlikely the Yankees can acquire him

But its January, we just officially lost Swisher, right field is a hole, and its worth the opportunity to discuss a way to bring him in even if we have to get creative

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    I understand all the counter arguments for Justin Upton.

I understand it is highly unlikely the Yankees can acquire him

But its January, we just officially lost Swisher, right field is a hole, and its worth the opportunity to discuss a way to bring him in even if we have to get creative
    Well technically the right field hole has been filled with re-signing Ichiro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Well technically the right field hole has been filled with re-signing Ichiro.
    I still expect Cashman to find a right handed bat somewhere.

vCash
    TY your sig...LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I still expect Cashman to find a right handed bat somewhere.
    That's classic TY...you know what get Upton because I like the facts YED put up
    Last edited by oak2455; 01-04-2013 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    And, for the record, I wasn't targeting you specifically when I called people clueless...because there really are people who think he's bad. Makes no sense.
    Exactly. And I don't know why they think that. He's a future player.

vCash
    TY sig is pure genius!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Ok, lets look at it from Miami.

Would u not better ur self by taking:

Cano ( and give him 7/175)
    Gardner
    Nova
    Pineda
    Drob

.?
    its not that that package wouldn't make them better because it would but they showed they are trying to rid themselve of anykind of big salary as the deal with the Jays showed. Also their are about 28 other teams out their that have some kind of interest and could offer package that had better cheaper talent. They will have to be absolutely blown away to trade Stanton. If u look at his numbers he's already put up he's in the Arod, Griffey, Bonds Mantle range at the same age which is incredible.

I ve read a couple of suggested proposals for Stanton that we couldn't touch.
    1 Stanton and Nolasco to Texas for Profar, Olt and Perez
    2 Stanton to Seattle for Walker, Hultzen, Franklin and Saunders
    3 Stanton to the Cards for Taveras, Miller, Craig and Rosenthal
    4 Stanton to Pit for Cole, Tallion, Hanson and Marte
    IMO we simply don't have the near MLB ready elite talent to pull of a trade for him and even if we did were going to have so many hole that need to be filled in the next couple yrs i'm not sure it would be worth it. Its not like our line up and rotation is in good enough shape for the next 2-3 yrs that it would take for the system to recover for trading for 1 player

As far as J Up, he is a very good talent but he is over rated for the cost. He has had a couple of very good yrs but he hasn't exactly been consistent every yr. Also i find it funny that people think just because Stanton might be available and AZ has a surplus in the OF that their asking price has gone down. If Texas or Seattle can't make a deal for Stanton they'll be right back after Upton. I would have rather seen them sign BJ Upton and keep the talent we have, its not like the skill set is that much different or the cost over the next 3 yrs would have been that much more.
    I'd like to have Upton but theirs no indication that AZ asking price has gone down and that still means they'd like want at least 3-4 of our top 5 prospect. Also its not like Upton is cheap either, he's owed 38m over the next 3 yrs

As much as i would love Stanton or Upton were going to have a ton of holes in our line up and rotation were going to have to fill in the next couple yrs and not a ton of money to do it. I don't think we have the depth to trade 3-5 plus top prospects for either and still be able to fill all the hole were going to have

vCash
    they are more likely to trade kubel, which i would actually be interested in
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast