Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    1) Arizona has shopped him so much that a trade seems likely.

2) He's 25 years old.

3) Has posted an .898 OPS two times (2009 and 2011) with a 3.8 WAR and 5.7 WAR in those years. Voted to the All Star team both times.

3) Every year, his OBP is .355 or higher and history shows that will increase as he enters his prime and becomes a better ball player.

4) He's right handed, Yankees have Gardner, Granderson, and Ichiro all lefties.

5) Wouldn't cost as much as Giancarlo Stanton.

6) Arizona doesn't need a Short stop anymore, they have changed their original stance in terms of what they want back in a trade.

7) Finished second in the NL in runs scored with 107. Only Ryan Braun scored more times than Upton did.

8) Worried about Cano after 2013. He might not return and this team will be screwed without youth to build around.

9) His contract keeps him with us until 2015 (2013: $9.75 million, 2014: $14.25 million, 2015: $14.5 million)

10) Upside in acquiring him, far out weighs the downside. We need to make improvements to the Offense. You can't expect to be the same hitting team after losing the power supplied by Ibanez, Swisher, Chavez, and Arod.
    Stanton hasn't even hit arbitration yet. Stanton is much cheaper at this point and for the next few years.

vCash
    He's a young RF with solid power, solid speed, solid OBP, solid fielding and a ton of potential. He also has something the majority of our lineup doesn't have - some potential and upside.

I really don't get the hate here.

I wouldn't give up the farm for him like Stanton but I'd give some decent prospects to get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Stanton hasn't even hit arbitration yet. Stanton is much cheaper at this point and for the next few years.
    I think he's talking prospect wise to acquire him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    I'm talking about in terms of prospects you need to give up in a trade, not $$$

vCash
    I'm talking about in terms of prospects you need to give up in a trade, not $$$
    Gotcha. Just making sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    He's a young RF with solid power, solid speed, solid OBP, solid fielding and a ton of potential. He also has something the majority of our lineup doesn't have - some potential and upside.

I wouldn't give up the farm for him like Stanton but I'd give some decent prospects to get him.
    I couldn't have said it any better myself.

vCash
    If ur gonna drop three of our top kids for this fool.....then just drop 5 for Stanton.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    If ur gonna drop three of our top kids for this fool.....then just drop 5 for Stanton.
    We don't have 5 kids good enough to get Stanton. We might have the pieces to get Upton. But anyone who thinks we can trade for Stanton is fooling themselves.

vCash
    Bill James 2013 Justin Upton Projections

155 Games Played
    655 Plate Appearances
    .289 Batting Average
    25 Home Runs
    106 Runs Scored
    86 RBI
    .372 OBP
    .492 SLG
    19 Stolen Bases
    For what it's worth, this is his what shows up on Fangraphs for 2013.

Those stats remind me of Nick Swisher type production with nearly 30 more runs scored than Swish and the occasional speed needed to swipe a bag. Swisher didn't have Upton's legs.

Swisher provided those numbers for the Yankees from age 29-32.

Upton would be providing that at 25 and would logically get better as he gets older, thus making him worth the money owed to him on his 6 yr contract, 3 years remaining.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 01-03-2013 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    1) Arizona has shopped him so much that a trade seems likely.

2) He's 25 years old.

3) Has posted an .898 OPS two times (2009 and 2011) with a 3.8 WAR and 5.7 WAR in those years. Voted to the All Star team both times.

3) Every year, his OBP is .355 or higher and history shows that will increase as he enters his prime and becomes a better ball player.

4) He's right handed, Yankees have Gardner, Granderson, and Ichiro all lefties.

5) Wouldn't cost as much as Giancarlo Stanton.

6) Arizona doesn't need a Short stop anymore, they have changed their original stance in terms of what they want back in a trade.

7) Finished second in the NL in runs scored with 107. Only Ryan Braun scored more times than Upton did.

8) Worried about Cano after 2013. He might not return and this team will be screwed without power to build around.

9) His contract keeps him with us until 2015 (2013: $9.75 million, 2014: $14.25 million, 2015: $14.5 million)

10) Upside in acquiring him, far out weighs the downside. We need to make improvements to the Offense. You can't expect to be the same hitting team after losing the power supplied by Ibanez, Swisher, Chavez, and Arod.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post

Agree with both of you.

But I'm still on the Michael Morse train. If Nats make him available, pounce. It depends on where Adam Laroche signs though.

Morse will be even cheaper than Upton, in terms of prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Agree with both of you.

But I'm still on the Michael Morse train. If Nats make him available, pounce. It depends on where Adam Laroche signs though.

Morse will be even cheaper than Upton, in terms of prospects.
    I love Morse. Very underrated.

vCash
    Those of you who keep going on about Upton being overrated are clueless. His numbers are pretty similar to Swisher's overall (less consistent, but better "peaks") and is unquestionably better on the bases. The difference is Upton hasn't had the privilege of Yankee stadium or a stacked lineup to play in. Oh yeah, and he's still not even in his prime while Swisher has been in his.

Depending on the price of prospects, he would easily be worth the trade. You guys cry about Swisher leaving, but Upton could easily produce as good a season, if not better, and is only a kid.

You're right though, he sucks and he's overrated.

Clueless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Those of you who keep going on about Upton being overrated are clueless. His numbers are pretty similar to Swisher's overall (less consistent, but better "peaks") and is unquestionably better on the bases. The difference is Upton hasn't had the privilege of Yankee stadium or a stacked lineup to play in. Oh yeah, and he's still not even in his prime while Swisher has been in his.

Depending on the price of prospects, he would easily be worth the trade. You guys cry about Swisher leaving, but Upton could easily produce as good a season, if not better, and is only a kid.

Clueless.
    your mean:cry::cry::cry: I just don't think he's worth all that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post

Clueless.
    I just think he'll be too expensive to be worth it. Besides, do we have the money hell require?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    your mean:cry::cry::cry: I just don't think he's worth all that
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I just think he'll be too expensive to be worth it. Besides, do we have the money hell require?
    And thats a valid point/concern. One of which I dont really have a problem with and agree it is something the team should question if they're actually interested in making a trade, which I doubt. I dont have an issue with people who look at it from that perspective, because it is a concern.

But overrated? Comical.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast