Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    I liked in the first half when T-Rob got his first dunk of the game. He recognized the passing lane and moved into and got the pass for the easy dunk. That might not seem like much but generally he does not seem to notice those things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphy king 88 View Post
    I don't know why some of you guys are quick to call Trob a bust. He kinda reminds me of JT when he first came in as a rookie, playing really sloppy but hustled hard and with more potential. He'll get it together. He has showed some flashes of what he can so.
    JT had a far more better rookie year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I disagree. Tyreke was drafted and played great his first year. So... I don't see why you think Lillard would not have had success as well. Cousins hasn't been doing badly by any means... just has attitude issues. Lillard has never been even mentioned as having similar issues.

Now... we can't assume he'd have similar success... but you cant assume he would have less success. Or even dismiss the possibility that he would have MORE success. We just don't know.
    I'm just assuming with our past history. Tyreke blossomed his rookie year cause he was our only asset. That roster was trash. Not many players on that roster demanding the ball, unlike this team. You now have Cousins, Thornton, Thomas, and even Jimmer. It was all Tyreke, and he took over. That's part of my theory on why Tyreke fell off after his rookie campaign. Our team improved, and Tyreke wasn't the vocal point like his rookie year.

Lillard was put in a perfect atmosphere. Guy like Batum on the wing, and Aldridge on the block. Lillard has way more security with the rock, and an assurance to not make mistakes. I may be assuming here, but Lillard doesn't have those assets here, unlike Portland. He'd be forcing himself onto this team, just like Thomas, Thornton, Evans, and Boogie are doing. In hindsight, he'd be maturing with kids, whereas he's maturing with a developed cast in Portland. I'd easily claim they are more safely secure than our team. Still, we have one of the youngest starting rotations in the league, and everybody is still learning their roles. It's easier for Lillard to excel on a stable roster/organization, instead of coming here and duplicating that success he has had in Portland.

I guess it may be just me, but I'd have a better sense of the game if I was surrounded by Aldridge/Batum, than Cousins/Evans.

Which of our rookies have ever arrived, and been surrounded with All-Star caliber teammates?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    I'm just assuming with our past history. Tyreke blossomed his rookie year cause he was our only asset. That roster was trash. Not many players on that roster demanding the ball, unlike this team. You now have Cousins, Thornton, Thomas, and even Jimmer. It was all Tyreke, and he took over. That's part of my theory on why Tyreke fell off after his rookie campaign. Our team improved, and Tyreke wasn't the vocal point like his rookie year.

Lillard was put in a perfect atmosphere. Guy like Batum on the wing, and Aldridge on the block. Lillard has way more security with the rock, and an assurance to not make mistakes. I may be assuming here, but Lillard doesn't have those assets here, unlike Portland. He'd be forcing himself onto this team, just like Thomas, Thornton, Evans, and Boogie are doing. In hindsight, he'd be maturing with kids, whereas he's maturing with a developed cast in Portland. I'd easily claim they are more safely secure than our team. Still, we have one of the youngest starting rotations in the league, and everybody is still learning their roles. It's easier for Lillard to excel on a stable roster/organization, instead of coming here and duplicating that success he has had in Portland.

I guess it may be just me, but I'd have a better sense of the game if I was surrounded by Aldridge/Batum, than Cousins/Evans.

Which of our rookies have ever arrived, and been surrounded with All-Star caliber teammates?
    I agree.

I don't think Lillard would have as much success as he's having in Portland.

vCash
    Honestly the move to grab Robinson over Lillard makes total sense.

Robinson was supposed to go higher, but slipped. The JT issue definitely plays a factor. Plus, they had pg's with Isaiah and Jimmer (and Brooks, unless they acquired Brooks after the draft....i forgot) But the point is, Robinson was a safer pick than Lillard. Here's another thing to keep in mind.... Robinson may end up being better than Lillard down the road. Lillard is more NBA-ready out of college. Tyreke was more NBA-ready out of college and everyone thought OKC should have taken Tyreke over Harden.... even some people thought LAC should have taken Tyreke over Griffin since Reke got his 20-5-5/ROY and Griffin missed the year.

Fast forward 4 years later..... completely different story. Don't worry about Robinson/Lillard comparisons just yet. Long way to go in their careers. The Robinson pick might end up being the smarter decision down the road. Not to mention Lillard is playing with pretty good players like Aldridge, Hickson, Batum, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234