Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i'myourdaddy View Post
    It's the freaking Maloof fault, you can't spin this to blame on Petrie.
    How is it the Maloofs fault? They spent the money to keep JT, we didn't need to draft T-Rob.

vCash
    but the unexpected chance to grab Robinson when he slid was seen as a safer option in case the Maloofs didn't pay the market price for Thompson and the team was left with Cousins and veteran forward Chuck Hayes on the frontline

That said it all, since Petrie don't know if stingy/broke Maloofs will resign JT or not.

vCash
    We all thought Jimmer wasn't going to amount to much, 1 offseason later his improvement very well speaks for itself. I'm not saying T-Rob is going to fix his faults overnight but he could very well become a solid player if given enough time.

As for Lilliard, I'll eat crow & admit that I wish we would've drafted him.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    T-Rob isn't a bust and it wasn't a bad pick. He just needs playing time and he'll adjust better.

You can't expect a player to be a stud when he doesn't get a chance to get a feel for the NBA pace. Dude only averages 15 mins. a game. He played less than 10 mins the past 3 games and only 3 mins in one of those 3.

vCash
    but the unexpected chance to grab Robinson when he slid was seen as a safer option in case the Maloofs didn't pay the market price for Thompson and the team was left with Cousins and veteran forward Chuck Hayes on the frontline

That said it all, since Petrie don't know if stingy/broke Maloofs will resign JT or not.
    It's Petrie's job to know if the stingy/broke Maloofs were willing to re-sign JT. Does Petrie not go after free agents because he doesn't know if the Maloofs will pay their contracts? It's BS!

vCash
    What really happened:

Petrie: Hey maloogs, do u have the money to sign JT?

Magoofs: Maybe.

Petrie: Doesn't sound very reassuring, i should draft Trob.

Magoofs: Psyche!
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    We all thought Jimmer wasn't going to amount to much, 1 offseason later his improvement very well speaks for itself. I'm not saying T-Rob is going to fix his faults overnight but he could very well become a solid player if given enough time.

As for Lilliard, I'll eat crow & admit that I wish we would've drafted him.
    I haven't given up on T-Rob by any means. If he works on his mid-range jumper, I think he can be an effective player. He's too small to play with his back to the basket. If he can face up and hit a jumper, it will open up his game because he has the athleticism to blow by other PFs. He just needs to adjust to the NBA game. That being said, Lillard would have been a much, much better pick in hindsight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    What really happened:

Petrie: Hey maloogs, do u have the money to sign JT?

Magoofs: Maybe.

Petrie: Doesn't sound very reassuring, i should draft Trob.

Magoofs: Psyche!

This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    It's Petrie's job to know if the stingy/broke Maloofs were willing to re-sign JT. Does Petrie not go after free agents because he doesn't know if the Maloofs will pay their contracts? It's BS!
    Of course it's his job, but who gonna fork over the money, freaking maloof have all said in all kings business, you think petrie didn't ask them first come on now. Maloof prolly told Petrie we don't know yet have to wait till next month to see if we can paid JT

vCash
    Of course it's his job, but who gonna fork over the money, freaking maloof have all said in all kings business, you think petrie didn't ask them first come on now. Maloof prolly told Petrie we don't know yet have to wait till next month to see if we can paid JT

Magoof's living paycheck-to-paycheck!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    T-Rob isn't a bust and it wasn't a bad pick. He just needs playing time and he'll adjust better.

You can't expect a player to be a stud when he doesn't get a chance to get a feel for the NBA pace. Dude only averages 15 mins. a game. He played less than 10 mins the past 3 games and only 3 mins in one of those 3.
    Jimmer improved drastically in the off season and he did not play any games. Problem with T-Rob is not playing time, the problem is he needs to learn something in practice then apply it to the games, but right now he gets a little playing time in the 1st half and looks like the most clueless player on the court, like he has not learned a thing in practice, then because of his terrible first half results he gets no playing time in the 2nd half.

If T-Rob wants playing time he needs to earn it, right now he is a major liability on the court, while everyone else is playing the NBA game he runs around like he is in a school yard pickup game, and to add to it he looks like the worst player on the court at any given time. This is the NBA, just because you were the 5th pick in the draft that does not mean you are granted major minutes, until T-Rob applies what he has learned in practice he won't be seeing major playing time. From what I have seen so far Thomas Robinson is closer to working his way out of the NBA then he is too becoming a useful NBA player.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-04-2013 at 04:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Jimmer improved drastically in the off season and he did not play any games. Problem with T-Rob is not playing time, the problem is he needs to learn something in practice then apply it to the games, but right now he gets a little playing time in the 1st half and looks like the most clueless player on the court, like he has not learned a thing in practice, then because of his terrible first half results he gets no playing time in the 2nd half.

If T-Rob wants playing time he needs to earn it, right now he is a major liability on the court, while everyone else is playing the NBA game he runs around like he is in a school yard pickup game, and to add to it he looks like the worst player on the court at any given time. This is the NBA, just because you were the 5th pick in the draft that does not mean you are granted major minutes, until T-Rob applies what he has learned in practice he won't be seeing major playing time. From what I have seen so far Thomas Robinson is closer to working his way out of the NBA then he is too becoming a useful NBA player.
    Kings are so horrible at developing players though, that the only way T-Rob is going to develop is through playing time.

There's no way JT would be the player he is now without the playing time he got.

Yes, he does need to apply the things he learns in practice into a game, but Smart doesn't even give him a chance. If he makes one mistake, he takes him out and here comes James Johnson to play stretch 4. It's ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    Kings are so horrible at developing players though, that the only way T-Rob is going to develop is through playing time.

There's no way JT would be the player he is now without the playing time he got.

Yes, he does need to apply the things he learns in practice into a game, but Smart doesn't even give him a chance. If he makes one mistake, he takes him out and here comes James Johnson to play stretch 4. It's ridiculous.
    Its not just mistakes. He makes the same mistakes every game, its like he does not even learn from his mistakes. He runs around like he is not even guarding anyone and he is guarding every one. At this point I feel whether he gets 5 minutes or 25 minutes he is going to do the same thing, and then next game he will continue to do the same thing.

If his only mistakes was missing outside shots and not having any low post moves I would be ok with that. But thats not the problem, he fails in the basic fundamentals that he needs to be on the floor. Its every game whether he gets 8 minutes or 20 minutes. I seen James Johnson and Jimmer both improve this season, I have even notice Issiah improving, but I don't see it from Thomas Robinson. He just does not understand how to play within the framework of a offense or defense, and to make it worst he does not provide anything positive in skills. He almost always losses contested rebounds, he has a better shot of missing a dunk or getting a 3 second call than he has of making a 5 footer. He can't make a move past anyone. He will drive from the top of the key and go 1 on 3 with little to no hope of making a basket. Still I can live with his lack of playing skills if it was not for the fundamentals.

vCash
    I gotta admit... Lillard was my first choice in the day or so before the draft. I even mentioned him to a member of the coaching staff and one of the players.

From the reaction I received, it seemed as though he wasn't high on their list.

But, what's done is done... and we now have T-Rob. I truly hope he proves to be worth the pick. Lillard's success does not mean the he is guaranteed to be the better player in the long run. Look at players like Casspi... strong start, but since had disappeared. Then there are players like Larry Sanders and Greivis Vásquez... they took a while to start playing well, but now look like very good players.

You should seldom really give up on a player unless they have been given a chance at playing starter minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Its not just mistakes. He makes the same mistakes every game, its like he does not even learn from his mistakes. He runs around like he is not even guarding anyone and he is guarding every one. At this point I feel whether he gets 5 minutes or 25 minutes he is going to do the same thing, and then next game he will continue to do the same thing.

If his only mistakes was missing outside shots and not having any low post moves I would be ok with that. But thats not the problem, he fails in the basic fundamentals that he needs to be on the floor. Its every game whether he gets 8 minutes or 20 minutes. I seen James Johnson and Jimmer both improve this season, I have even notice Issiah improving, but I don't see it from Thomas Robinson. He just does not understand how to play within the framework of a offense or defense, and to make it worst he does not provide anything positive in skills. He almost always losses contested rebounds, he has a better shot of missing a dunk or getting a 3 second call than he has of making a 5 footer. He can't make a move past anyone. He will drive from the top of the key and go 1 on 3 with little to no hope of making a basket. Still I can live with his lack of playing skills if it was not for the fundamentals.
    This is his 1st season. You didn't see improvement from those other players their 1st year, they played the way they played the whole year. I hope we see improvement from T-Rob this year, but more than likely we won't see a noticeable difference in his play until next season.

Maybe I just need to watch him closer, cause it always just seems like he's lost cause he's not adjusted. His pace is off. We all know his motor and work ethic is there. We all know he wants to improve and know he can become a very productive player. I think he just needs more playing time.

The more playing time he gets, the better he'll start playing.

Don't get me wrong though. If we're winning while he's on the bench, then that's just how it is and it'll stay that way until he can be a consistent contributor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast