Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    Alright well me and you are on the same page when it come to Parsons then. As far as the offseason goes, I thought you were saying get CP3 AND Josh Smith. I dont see where our 2nd round picks are coming from though. It says we owe the Hawks a 2nd round pick this year and the Bucks next year (Both top 40 protected) and just to clarify, you're saying we CANT trade our 2014 first round pick, correct? So, if the Hawks will really take Patterson, Aldrich, Delfino and one of the last second round picks (It seems to me we only have future Knicks 2nds) then we take it immediately
    Yeah just look at the last block. Only one of our second rounders might be gone next year but it is top 40 protected. We would still have 2 picks I imagine we could always flip Parsons for a 1st rounder if we needed 1 to make a big trade. No we cannot trade our 2014 1st rd pick unless we manage to add another 2014 1st rd pick.

Again, we will see I just think that the Rockets need to do something and that would present a perfect opportunity. Atlanta gave all that cash to Joe Johnson let's not overestimate their intelligence, lol.

vCash

vCash
    Lol get a number 2 option and get rid of Royce white. Love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    No you're wrong my friend. We have our 2014 1st rd draft pick. This below is our draft pick status.

Regardless, we wouldn't have to include a 1st rd pick, are you serious. The speculation is the Rockets would include 1 maybe 2 2nd rd picks.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...re/Rockets.htm
    We do not have a first round pick next year (By that I mean this year (2013)), the link you posted says it itself. The pick will be ours if we don't make the playoffs but we can't trade until then, because the pick simply isn't ours anymore.

Edit: After reading again and a quick look at a calendar, I found out 2014 isn't next year lol. The thing is, we can't trade our 2014 pick because if we make the playoffs we will be without first round picks next draft (2013) and we will be without first round picks in 2014 too, and according to the new CBA signed last year that's not possible, teams cannot be without first picks in consecutive years. So that's why we cannot trade our 2014 pick, even though it's ours.
    Last edited by EDUTEXANS; 01-20-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    This year is 2013. Next year is 2014.
    Here's the 2012 NBA draft:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2012.html
    The Hawks own this years pick (2013) and its lottery protected so we cant trade next years pick (2014)

vCash
    You know what I meant, next draft is 2013. But yes, that's what I'm saying, we don't have first-round picks to trade.

vCash
    I honestly thought you thought this draft was 2012 for some reason and were trying to say we could trade our pick this year. my bad

vCash
    That would hurt our bench a little bit, and we would have only 11 players under contract after the trade, we would ahve to take someone back. If we could include Morris and maybe Aldrich and keep both Delfino and Douglas or at least delfino to come off the bench, I'd be happy with that trade. I wanna see Delfino next year, he has been pretty good this season.

vCash
    Are the Grizzlies just supposed to release some guys to get all of ours on the 15 man roster?
    I highly doubt anybody wants the Royce White headache.
    Our bench is gone. I guess we can sign d-leaguers but it seems those guys are only good against The Rockets.
    I doubt Memphis wants to trade Randolph within the division.
    Memphis would never do this trade, regardless of it being in the division or not.
    With no first rounders, and if they're not sold on Terrence Jones' potential, this would be laughed at by everyone in the world besides a handfull of Rockets homers.

vCash
    if memphis' sole reason for making such a move is a salary dump, which by many accounts thats exactly what it is, well then you have leverage. randolph is a good player, but many people feel that he's starting to decline and perhap is overpaid. the rockets could absorb such a contract and send out much less in return. im no CBA wizard but i do know we are significantly under the cap, and why couldnt the rockets trade a 'future' 1st round pick in the deal giving memphis the option to pick what year. not too many teams are under the cap AND have the assets in place to facilitate a deal. or even become a 3rd team in something bigger. maybe the grizz value montiejunas more than jones? i think you may be underselling the idea that the rockets could get this done.

i dont think anyone is being serious when they include royce white in trade talk, that is persona non grata.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ahutzfs

Draft picks would have to be involved of course...

vCash
    BTW I would trade Parsons in the right deal without hesitation, why are we forcing Beverly in there when TD was playing just fine(I'd almost rather have him start and Lin as 6th man), and for Jesus's sake we need a PF.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I see good potential in Beverly, but there's nothing wrong about letting him out learning a little bit more. It doesn't make sense that Beverly is playing while Douglas was playing well, and Jones and Motiejunas don't get a chance with Patterson and Morris struggling.

vCash
    Would anybody do a trade of Patrick Patterson Marcus morris Cole Aldrich tony Douglas and Jeremy lin for tyreke Evans and demarcus cousins? I know it's a long shot but just asking

vCash
    Show me one person in the world that wouldn't do that.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast