Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    From the guy who said Alex Smith was the best QB in the NFL, Asik would win the DPOY award and Motiejunas would win the ROY award.

Of course he's not a star, how many second-year players are stars? The guy is just 24 year old and he is averaging 15 a game while playing solid defense. He is 4th in scoring, 5th in assists, 2nd in 3PTs made, 5th in rebounds and 5th in steals considering all sophomores. He should have been drafted in the top-5 in that draft
    A- I never said Alex Smith was the best, just said he would be MVP (for the record when he got injured he was #1 in QBR and #3 in QB rating, #1 in pass completion %, and was leading the best team in the NFL) On a side note how is Matt Schuab? You know the guy you said could carry the Texans to the Super Bowl, LOL. By the way, who is the guy that told you Matt Schuab was garbage for about 5 years now...oh yeah it was me.

B- Omer Asik's defense is excellent. The problem is Houston's defense as a whole has been terrible due to the pace, making his numbers appear worse. When isolated to just his defensive skill set they are much better. He has dominated as a rebounder becoming 3rd in defensive rebound rate and 3rd in defensive rebounding %. If we didn't have Shittie *** Morris and Patterson ****ing up at the 4 with their retched defense and piss poor rebounding he'd look better.

AND C. Motiejunas hasn't had the opportunity to play. Mostly because we're paying Patterson and Morris a hell of a lot more money AND we're trying to showcase them for a trade. He will have his time and he will shine mark my words. I have followed this guy since he was 16 years old, even seeing him play in person in Europe.

Now as far as Parsons goes, he is probably the best trade piece we have. He's good but he DEFINITELY is expendable. He will be traded I can almost guarantee you that. He is just a cog, nothing that makes you say wow. He is an above average player, that's it. Comparing him to the players of the same draft is silly. Compare him to other NBA players Yes he measures up, he is above average. But let's not pretend this guy is our 3 of the future, especially if we can get a Josh Smith or a REAL superstar.
    Last edited by WhiteSoxGod; 01-19-2013 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    Josh Smith is not a superstar. Also he is a PF, not a SF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    A- I never said Alex Smith was the best, just said he would be MVP (for the record when he got injured he was #1 in QBR and #3 in QB rating, #1 in pass completion %, and was leading the best team in the NFL) On a side note how is Matt Schuab? You know the guy you said could carry the Texans to the Super Bowl, LOL. By the way, who is the guy that told you Matt Schuab was garbage for about 5 years now...oh yeah it was me.

B- Omer Asik's defense is excellent. The problem is Houston's defense as a whole has been terrible due to the pace, making his numbers appear worse. When isolated to just his defensive skill set they are much better. He has dominated as a rebounder becoming 3rd in defensive rebound rate and 3rd in defensive rebounding %. If we didn't have Shittie *** Morris and Patterson ****ing up at the 4 with their retched defense and piss poor rebounding he'd look better.

AND C. Motiejunas hasn't had the opportunity to play. Mostly because we're paying Patterson and Morris a hell of a lot more money AND we're trying to showcase them for a trade. He will have his time and he will shine mark my words. I have followed this guy since he was 16 years old, even seeing him play in person in Europe.

Now as far as Parsons goes, he is probably the best trade piece we have. He's good but he DEFINITELY is not expendable. He will be traded I can almost guarantee you that. He is just a cog, nothing that makes you say wow. He is an above average player, that's it. Comparing him to the players of the same draft is silly. Compare him to other NBA players Yes he measures up, he is above average. But let's not pretend this guy is our 3 of the future, especially if we can get a Josh Smith or a REAL superstar.
    What REAL superstar do you want? LeBron, Melo, Durant? Those are the NBA's superstar SFs that we have right now. Smith isn't close to be a superstar, and right now if I could pick between him and Parson I'd go Parsons 10 out 10 times. You seem to be forgetting he is a second-year player playing almost as good as a veteran like Smith, if not even better on offense, making only 900K a year.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post

Now as far as Parsons goes, he is probably the best trade piece we have. He's good but he DEFINITELY is not expendable. He will be traded I can almost guarantee you that. He is just a cog, nothing that makes you say wow. He is an above average player, that's it. Comparing him to the players of the same draft is silly. Compare him to other NBA players Yes he measures up, he is above average. But let's not pretend this guy is our 3 of the future, especially if we can get a Josh Smith or a REAL superstar.
    We aren't paying Morris and Patterson a hell of a lot more than Monty.

You said Parsons is not expendable(that means we getting rid of him would be detrimental to the team).

JSmoove is not a SF and does not have the range to be a consistant 3 point man(though try he might). We need to find us a real PF and a better bench in order to go anywhere.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I know its just fan voting but Parsons made the All-star runner up list... (meaningless yes, but he's getting league wide attention).....

Mark my words, in 3 years Parsons will be one of the premier players in the NBA, and the Rockets know it. Unless we're in a deal for a Blake Griffin or something Houston will extend his contract....

PPat, Morris, Aldrich, Douglas, and Delfino will go first..... and i believe we acquired 3 1st rounders specifically to make a couple more trades...

^all of whom combine for about the salary of one of these mentioned players...... either Atlanta or Utah will dump their PF to us for a combo of these players and still save themselves money.... Houston gets a better starter, and playing time for our young talent!
    Last edited by Pwnyboy; 01-19-2013 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    Josh Smith is not a superstar. Also he is a PF, not a SF.
    Josh Smith is a major star, ok maybe not Superstar (Durant/Lebron) he is definitely a star. He can play both the 3 or the 4. Uh, what is he playing this year? Oh yeah SF, he has played SF in a mass of his games. He is definitely one of those duel players. But let me say we can play him at PF, I'd be OK with that. I'm just saying he CAN play both positions.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    What REAL superstar do you want? LeBron, Melo, Durant? Those are the NBA's superstar SFs that we have right now. Smith isn't close to be a superstar, and right now if I could pick between him and Parson I'd go Parsons 10 out 10 times. You seem to be forgetting he is a second-year player playing almost as good as a veteran like Smith, if not even better on offense, making only 900K a year.
    No Josh Smith's defense is really good way better than Parsons. He is having a down year but still good. Look at his stats from last year (21.16 PER Carmelo that you called a superstar had a 21.18, 22.09 EFF, 24.7 DRR, 9.5 WS) all of these stats were great and among the best players in the game, many you call Superstars. Josh Smith is so far beyond Chandler Parsons it's not even funny. Parsons is not Josh Smith not close. This is what I'm talking about. How can you compare an elite player like Smith to an above average player like Parsons. Smith has some skills that are elite, some that are above average. Everything Parsons does is above average not elite.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    We aren't paying Morris and Patterson a hell of a lot more than Monty.

You said Parsons is not expendable(that means we getting rid of him would be detrimental to the team).

JSmoove is not a SF and does not have the range to be a consistent 3 point man(though try he might). We need to find us a real PF and a better bench in order to go anywhere.
    Well what I mean is we have committed more money and assets to Patterson and Morris, maybe that's a better description. They are getting paid more and they were just after the lottery 1st rd picks. And again we will trade them both, we're just showcasing them. Dmo will play and star soon enough.

Josh Smith is a 3, he has played there AND IS CURRENTLY PLAYING THERE (SEE BELOW). BUT he can play the 4 too. He can play both. I don't care if we play him at the 3 or the 4.

Yes the motherucking guy can play SF, especially with Harden, Asik, and Lin. Add a Millsap and we're a bad *** team.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players...314/josh-smith
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2411/josh-smith
    Last edited by WhiteSoxGod; 01-19-2013 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyboy View Post

Mark my words, in 3 years Parsons will be one of the premier players in the NBA
    , and the Rockets know it. Unless we're in a deal for a Blake Griffin or something Houston will extend his contract....
    LOL no....no.....no. My gosh we have some Rockets homers here. I have never seen an overrating of a player since Amare Stoudamire or Luc Longley.

Mark MY words: Parsons will be traded. And of course if there is no upgrade we won't get rid of him, that's just common sense.

vCash
    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=474

ESPN NBA Insider Kevin Pelton examined a number of potential trade scenarios that include teams like the Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks and Toronto Raptors, but he settled on one team he sees as Smith's final destination, proposing a trade that would net the Hawks Cole Aldrich, Carlos Delfino, Marcus Morris and picks:

"Put my money on Houston as Smith's eventual destination. The Rockets could save Atlanta money by using their $6.7 million in cap space to take on more salary than they send back, and they have plenty of intriguing young pieces. For cap purposes, the Hawks would probably have to choose between Morris and Patrick Patterson as a Smith replacement, with the possibility of adding in draft picks. From Houston's perspective, Smith would be a good fit for a team that is missing only an athletic power forward in its starting lineup of the future. The Rockets can offer him a chance to play with a talented frontcourt and potentially contend in the Western Conference as their young talent develops. This just makes too much sense for both sides."

HMMM....funny how right I can be sometimes. I mean I did say this MONTHS ago, at the beginning of the season.

vCash
    So how are we supposed to get Josh Smith? Obviously Parsons is average and always will be so Atlanta can just just get their own Parsons in the second round this year. Patterson and Morris are "******" and we don't have any draft picks so how do we get him?

vCash
    Read my mind. Lol. My only question is do we have picks?

vCash
    And the hawks don't even have a bad contract. That trade makes no sense

vCash
    Exactly, what picks do we have?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    So how are we supposed to get Josh Smith? Obviously Parsons is average and always will be so Atlanta can just just get their own Parsons in the second round this year. Patterson and Morris are "******" and we don't have any draft picks so how do we get him?
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Exactly, what picks do we have?
    I said Parsons was above average and he is. He is also cheap. You know as well as I do coaches are arrogant. They always think thy can turn others teams garbage into diamonds. Patterson and Morris hold enough value to trade. Then add in, as was stated, delfino and aldrich.

As far as picks go we have all 3 picks in 2014 (a 2nd from the Knicks and our own picks.) A lot of things regarding picks are determined by draft positioning. But it was only stipulated picks MAY be included. If they were they would be future picks. Remember this year's NBA draft is seen as the weakest in a long time. 2014's picks will be far more valuable. AND we have 4 picks in 2015. So we have no picks this year but 7 the next 2 years. Those picks are still valuable.

It didn't say take on BAD CONTRACTS it said take on more salary. What this means is this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdc8t46

You see we are only trading $9.4 million in salary but taking on $13.2 million. We will still be $3.8 million under the cap. BEST PART is that say it doesn't work out with Josh Smith, then we will have shed ourselves of Patterson's and Morris' salaries without taking on any extra money AS I SAID WE COULD DO EARLIER as well.

We could then sign not only a MAX player but add another $12 million dollar salary as well. That means we could get Millsap ($12 mill avg salary) and Another MAX like (Chris Paul). Or we could just save that money for another year and ride with Millsap at the 4, Parsons at the 3 and add some pieces as we go along. We would be far under the cap and could make trades next year mid-season. We would still have our core and have added a dynamic 4.

This trade is win-win, for the future and for now.

Plus, Atlanta is going to lose Josh Smith anyway. Why not get a nice little package of including Patterson, Morris, Delfino, and Aldrich along with a future pick.
    Last edited by WhiteSoxGod; 01-19-2013 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    We do not have our first-round pick next year, we traded it to NJ and it now belongs to Atlanta, and we can't trade our 2015 pick becaue we could be without first-round picks two years in a row if we do make the playoffs this year, and according to the CBA we can't be without first-round picks two years in a row. So we only have second-round picks to trade.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    it's called "selling high." you sell something at the peak of its value...usually when they're overvauled or in the case of basketball, overrated...and get something better in return. that's the case with Parsons, Pattersons, and most of our young players.

seriously, i don't understand the infatuation so many of yall have with our young players. i almost feel like you're more infatuated to the youth than the player itself. how many of our young players who all of you were soooo infatuated with claiming they have "star" potential because of their youth ended up not panning out when they leave the Rockets? add Parsons to that list.

"Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast