Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    To add to this, I think fans have become way too concerned about how much guys make without any real understanding of the NBA cap.

How many times I've seen trade scenarios involving GIVING Amare away just because he makes $19m... as if that's going to make us a better team.

Or people saying it was smart to not pay Lin, as if they are the ones paying him. When in reality paying Lin the $8.4m would have allowed us to S&T for an additional player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    To add to this, I think fans have become way too concerned about how much guys make without any real understanding of the NBA cap.

How many times I've seen trade scenarios involving GIVING Amare away just because he makes $19m... as if that's going to make us a better team.

Or people saying it was smart to not pay Lin, as if they are the ones paying him. When in reality paying Lin the $8.4m would have allowed us to S&T for an additional player.
    Come on dude, your literally bringing up Lin in like every thread. This **** is getting ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Honestly, I hate when people say this type of stuff, but I wouldn't care all that much if I was making 100M to play my favorite sport. Obviously, they are humans, but your a superstar athlete, you get all the praise when things are good and people pat you all over the dick for everything, when things aren't good your gonna hear it.

That is the nature of this business.

And Heat fans were actually saying trade Wade earlier this season, its just a small market and small time fan base and it doesn't get blown up as much all over the internet.

Either way, Wade is the best Heat player of all time and responsible for their only two titles. Lets not get carried away here.

All in all, I do understand what your trying to say. But its not going to change anything. I try to get people to not overreact on a nightly basis but it happens and I have been guilty before as well.
    They get the praise you right about that the but question is do they ask for it? A good friend of mines is a starting linebacker for the patriots and we put these guys on a pedistool that they don't ask to be on! They play the game cause that's what they love to do the money is just a plus.

The Miami thing was just an anology but wade is not the beat player on that team!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    They get the praise you right about that the but question is do they ask for it? A good friend of mines is a starting linebacker for the patriots and we put these guys on a pedistool that they don't ask to be on! They play the game cause that's what they love to do the money is just a plus.

The Miami thing was just an anology but wade is not the beat player on that team!
    He was in '06. He was the best Robin in the league last year.

And my answer is, they ask for it the day they sign that contract. This is professional sports. You understand that is the nature of the beast, when you dream of becoming a star, you know what comes with the territory.

If you ask me, coaches are the ones who get the raw deals within the whole pro sports system.

vCash
    This topic has been beaten to death.

I've been a huge amare supporter on here for quite some time, and in really pulling for him, mainly because I want to see the Knicks dominate.

But, until he proves us all wrong, all the criticism is deserved.

I agree that he brought the Knicks back to life in 2010, and deserves alot of credit for that. But, who really cares if he is but going to be a liability going forward.

His future is in his own hands.

But, I've tried in the past to defend the man to no end, but the argument "he will" or "he can" gets very old very quick. He needs to just do it already.

And stay healthy dammit

vCash
    And also, posting on a forum for a sports team is like hosting a talk radio show. Your going to discuss yesterdays news, thats how it works, your gonna analyze, discuss and overreact to what happened yesterday.

When times are bad, were gonna same some outlandish ****. When times are good, were gonna same some outlandish ****. Were freakin' fans after all, were allowed to post on emotion.
    This. But seriously... this sums up our fan base perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

It for the Knicks would have been 5, 5.2 and 13, it was the 13 that was the killer because the 13 equated to 60mil and I don't care who's money that is its a ton, and ticket prices would have been insane and a hot dog would cost 10 bucks.

We got Melo and that happened, and that was 17 mil, imagine Lin for his whopping 25 games costing 60MIL?

So here's the question with Lin being ranked under the middle of all NBA pg's is he truly worth that money?

We have Felton Kidd and Pablo combined making less money and thats with the 8.4 contract for three yrs. Not the 60MIL.

And anyone would take those three over Lin,

Now ex-Knicks season in perspective according to PER, and nothing to do with defense.

David Lee- aside who is having a great yr with a per of 21.25 and helping his team win yea I'll agree.

Zach- a good season at 19.6

Jordan Hill- is actually playing decent with a 17.68 per but playing only 15.7 min.

JC- 17.17

Gallo- 16.36

Nate- 16.26

Realize the League average is 15...........just saying

Lin- 14.5

TD- 12.59

Turiaf- 11

Duhon- 9.7

JJ- 1.35

Landry- 0

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    First off, welcome to the site and thanks for posting. Just a suggestion, but next time please try to incorporate paragraphs into your post. It's extremely hard to read.
    Really?
    I don't know about it being EXTREMELY hard to read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Really?
    I don't know about it being EXTREMELY hard to read.
    Really? There's 2 pages of conversation going on here and you decide to take one line out of all of the posts in this thread (that was given to the new poster as a suggestion) to make a smartazz comment about?

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the amazing super power that you apparently possess which enables you to read an extremely large amount of words bunched together without seperation. I'm sure everyone is extremely impressed.

vCash
    I wore my Amare jersey to the game last night
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    He was in '06. He was the best Robin in the league last year.

And my answer is, they ask for it the day they sign that contract. This is professional sports. You understand that is the nature of the beast, when you dream of becoming a star, you know what comes with the territory.

If you ask me, coaches are the ones who get the raw deals within the whole pro sports system.
    Dude I want a blown up poster version of your sig. sick
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    NY Knicks coach Mike Woodson vows to make it work with Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire
    Actually, there is not much of a debate here. Until proven otherwise, we can see the Melo/STAT combo not working and preventing the Knicks from making a deep run in the playoffs. Call it a hunch because it hasn’t worked very well up to this point for the two Alpha scorers with superstar egos to match.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Saturday, January 5, 2013, 4:36 PM.

Mike Woodson's New Year's resolution should be to integrate Amar'e Stoudemire (r.) seamlessly into the Knicks rotation - no small task.

A few of the A-list items we’re looking forward to seeing in the coming weeks of the 2013 NBA season:

- We’ll lead off with the Knicks’ No. 1 issue: Whether they can win big with Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire playing together.

“I know everybody is debating it,” Mike Woodson said the other day.

Actually, there is not much of a debate here. Until proven otherwise, we can see it not working and preventing the Knicks from making a deep run in the playoffs.

Call it a hunch because it hasn’t worked very well up to this point for the two Alpha scorers with superstar egos to match.

At least the light came on for Woodson this past week when he said that he’ll have to play a prominent role in getting Anthony and Stoudemire to successfully play together. Before, he tried to make a case for Stoudemire figuring out how he needed to reincorporate himself into the team’s offense.

Stoudemire says all the right things about doing what’s best for the team in his new bench role. But he also compared this moment in his career to when he returned from microfracture surgery in Phoenix and went on to make All-NBA in three of his final four seasons for the Suns.

“I expect myself to get back into top shape and reach (the level) where I was before,” he said.

Obviously, he has goals to become a dominant player again. That means getting his share of touches and shots and that will be in direct competition with Anthony, who is enjoying his best season as a pro and is going to get serious consideration for the MVP for the first time, if the Knicks continue to challenge for the top seed in the East.

No coach worth his practice whistle can trust a player like Stoudemire to figure it out. It’s going to have to be Woodson’s job, and guess what? That is his job as coach of the team. It doesn’t mean he will come up with the right strategies, although he maintains, “It will come.” But we took it as a definite sign of progress to hear him finally admit, “It’s going to be my job to figure it out.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2H8q0fBXs

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Amare will be back in the starting line up in a few weeks. No disrespect to anyone but you'd have to be a fool if you think Woodson is going to continue to bring him off the bench.

If Woodson can get it figured out we could be unstoppable but separating them just makes it easier for teams to game plan against us!

Playoffs and regular season are 2 different things we need Amare/Melo/Tyson to be able to play well together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12