Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Knick Fan's Vs. Melo/Amare

Hey, wats good guys let me start this off by saying Im 26 years old and I've been a "LOYAL" Knick's fan since I was a kid through the good and bad years which for the last 10 years its been more bad than good but through thick and thin I've remained a "loyal" Knick fan. I've also been a frequent reader of this forum for around 3 or 4 years and earlier last year i decided to create an account although this is my first post. My reason for posting is that its sickening to see how some of you guys dog the players we have here mainly Amare do you guys realize that Amare is the best thing thats happen to this franchise since Ewing. When no one wanted to come here he did and once he got here he brought the Knicks back to relevance the guy was an MVP candidate before Melo got here and last here him and Melo had bad seasons. Melo shot 43% from the field (his lowest since his rookie season) and averaged 22 pts 6 reb and 3 assist not bad but he was from efficient. Mean while Amare shot 48% and averaged 17 n 8 but struggled to stay healthy. I remember last year when Jeremy Lin and "linsanity" came along everyone was saying could him and Melo co-exist, how we needed to trade Melo cause he can't work with Lin and so on. If it was up to you guys he'd be lighting it up some where else this year. This season its we should trade Amare he don't fit into the system he can't play with Melo and so on. The guy has played 1 game this year and under our current coach him and Melo on the court together went what 8-2 correct me if im wrong. My whole point is guys just support the guys that we have here we've sucked for the past 10 years and now that we're having a good year the fan's still find something to complain about. Support the team and let them mesh and figure things out. Look at all the guys that are ex Knicks that went some where else and flourished after not playing up to expectations in NY cause of pressure or lack of support from NY media and Fans ask yourself is it us as a city or them as players cause its happened numerous times. Bottome line is just support our guys and have a positive attitude. THANKS!! ENJOY TONIGHTS GAME

vCash
    First off, welcome to the site and thanks for posting. Just a suggestion, but next time please try to incorporate paragraphs into your post. It's extremely hard to read.

In regard to your post....This is unfortunately the way the Knick fanbase is. Not all of us bash the hell out of our star players but many do.

I for one am not a huge Amare fan, but I liked what I saw the first season he joined us and find myself rooting for his return to dominance due to the amnount of people that dog the guy to no end. Amare had 1 bad shortened season plagued with injuries and the death of his brother. I'm willing to give him a pass and hopefully he will have a much better season this year.

vCash
    Love both Amare and Melo. rRdiculous that Dantoni last year tried to make Melo fit Lin. Anyway, everybody is entitled to their opinion like it or not. I just choose not to get into it when someone bashes or says something I don't like because I am sure I say things others don't like. Fact is we all to some degree love our Knicks.

vCash
    Thanks for the advice I'm not a big poster on forums, but I just felt the need to here.

The NY media and fan base just needs to be careful how we treat our stars we just can't call for heads once things don't go our way. We do bad by the 2 we have now just imagine how long before another free agent star wants to come here!

Could you imagine if the big 3 from Miami were in NY and loss in the finals the 1st year or have a few losing streaks the way they've had how the fans and media here would react?! As a player you would want out!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    Thanks for the advice I'm not a big poster on forums, but I just felt the need to here.

The NY media and fan base just needs to be careful how we treat our stars we just can't call for heads once things don't go our way. We do bad by the 2 we have now just imagine how long before another free agent star wants to come here!

Could you imagine if the big 3 from Miami were in NY and loss in the finals the 1st year or have a few losing streaks the way they've had how the fans and media here would react?! As a player you would want out!!
    New York is either the best or worst place to be a professional athlete because you're constantly under the microscope with the pressure to win. Especially when it comes to basketball due to the lack of any recent success. Think about it, we have many championship teams. The Yankees, The Giants, The Rangers. The only team sport that hasn't produced a championship in many many decades is the Knicks. I honestly believe that if Melo wasn't born here he never would have come.

vCash
    Hey, wats good guys let me start this off by saying Im 26 years old and I've been a "LOYAL" Knick's fan since I was a kid through the good and bad years which for the last 10 years its been more bad than good but through thick and thin I've remained a "loyal" Knick fan. I've also been a frequent reader of this forum for around 3 or 4 years and earlier last year i decided to create an account although this is my first post.

My reason for posting is that its sickening to see how some of you guys dog the players we have here mainly Amare do you guys realize that Amare is the best thing thats happen to this franchise since Ewing. When no one wanted to come here he did and once he got here he brought the Knicks back to relevance the guy was an MVP candidate before Melo got here and last here him and Melo had bad seasons. Melo shot 43% from the field (his lowest since his rookie season) and averaged 22 pts 6 reb and 3 assist not bad but he was from efficient. Mean while Amare shot 48% and averaged 17 n 8 but struggled to stay healthy.

I remember last year when Jeremy Lin and "linsanity" came along everyone was saying could him and Melo co-exist, how we needed to trade Melo cause he can't work with Lin and so on. If it was up to you guys he'd be lighting it up some where else this year. This season its we should trade Amare he don't fit into the system he can't play with Melo and so on. The guy has played 1 game this year and under our current coach him and Melo on the court together went what 8-2 correct me if im wrong.

My whole point is guys just support the guys that we have here we've sucked for the past 10 years and now that we're having a good year the fan's still find something to complain about. Support the team and let them mesh and figure things out. Look at all the guys that are ex Knicks that went some where else and flourished after not playing up to expectations in NY cause of pressure or lack of support from NY media and Fans ask yourself is it us as a city or them as players cause its happened numerous times. Bottome line is just support our guys and have a positive attitude.

THANKS!! ENJOY TONIGHTS GAME
    I would say that they're now "8-3" considering yesterday and during that run after Antoni finally got fired, Melo and Amare were STILL playing really, really bad (but the team was winning...and by a lot ).

Just wanted to say that.

And yes, Amare isn't a problem, imo. Amare DID play at an MVP level for 2 months. Unfortunately, antoni was our coach that whole time, so even though he (amare) got the team to 26-24 before the Melo trade, Danotni held the team back.

So I agree. We shouldn't blame Amare. Or Melo. Or anyone aside for Dantoni.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Liked your idea for a thread eventhough it was hard to read, keep on posting this site needs more knick fans that actually love the team we have right now.
    Knicks and 49ers!

vCash

Comes with the territory. This is New York. Big time pressure from the media and fans is the status quo. Players know this when they sign up for it. I think the ovation STAT got showed our true colors though. We appreciate what he did to start this thing, but were not going to accept bad basketball and live with it because we appreciate STAT came here when no one else would.

Winning comes first in New York, and this team hasn't had much of it and the fans are extra hungry for it now that we've had a taste.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    New York is either the best or worst place to be a professional athlete because you're constantly under the microscope with the pressure to win. Especially when it comes to basketball due to the lack of any recent success. Think about it, we have many championship teams. The Yankees, The Giants, The Rangers. The only team sport that hasn't produced a championship in many many decades is the Knicks. I honestly believe that if Melo wasn't born here he never would have come.

I think Melo wanted to come because he was born here but I think Amare put the icing on the cake along with the idea of Chris Paul possibly coming.

Cause with out Amare here he would of been in the same position he was in Denver. That's if all he cares about is winning like he says he does!

vCash
    And also, posting on a forum for a sports team is like hosting a talk radio show. Your going to discuss yesterdays news, thats how it works, your gonna analyze, discuss and overreact to what happened yesterday.

When times are bad, were gonna same some outlandish ****. When times are good, were gonna same some outlandish ****. Were freakin' fans after all, were allowed to post on emotion.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    How quickly we forget what Amar'e gave us when all hope was lost. How quickly we forget the "MVP" chants. Now it's to the point where people even question whether he will make the team better or not - LOL.

As for Melo, if he keeps hustling and puts his heart into the game then I have no problem with him. But that is not how he behaved in his 1st 2 years here.

Go Knicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Comes with the territory. This is New York. Big time pressure from the media and fans is the status quo. Players know this when they sign up for it. I think the ovation STAT got showed our true colors though. We appreciate what he did to start this thing, but were not going to accept bad basketball and live with it because we appreciate STAT came here when no one else would.

Winning comes first in New York, and this team hasn't had much of it and the fans are extra hungry for it now that we've had a taste.
    I understand that but it's about supporting our players through adversity and hard times. I don't hear heat fans saying trade wade and he hasn't been himself lately at all.

At the end of the day these guys are human no different from me and you. How would you feel if you we're in these guys shoes. How you expect to do better when all you hear is negativity from fans and read it in the papers.

vCash
    Hey, wats good guys let me start this off by saying Im 26 years old and I've been a "LOYAL" Knick's fan since I was a kid through the good and bad years which for the last 10 years its been more bad than good but through thick and thin I've remained a "loyal" Knick fan. I've also been a frequent reader of this forum for around 3 or 4 years and earlier last year i decided to create an account although this is my first post. My reason for posting is that its sickening to see how some of you guys dog the players we have here mainly Amare do you guys realize that Amare is the best thing thats happen to this franchise since Ewing. When no one wanted to come here he did and once he got here he brought the Knicks back to relevance the guy was an MVP candidate before Melo got here and last here him and Melo had bad seasons. Melo shot 43% from the field (his lowest since his rookie season) and averaged 22 pts 6 reb and 3 assist not bad but he was from efficient. Mean while Amare shot 48% and averaged 17 n 8 but struggled to stay healthy. I remember last year when Jeremy Lin and "linsanity" came along everyone was saying could him and Melo co-exist, how we needed to trade Melo cause he can't work with Lin and so on. If it was up to you guys he'd be lighting it up some where else this year. This season its we should trade Amare he don't fit into the system he can't play with Melo and so on. The guy has played 1 game this year and under our current coach him and Melo on the court together went what 8-2 correct me if im wrong. My whole point is guys just support the guys that we have here we've sucked for the past 10 years and now that we're having a good year the fan's still find something to complain about. Support the team and let them mesh and figure things out. Look at all the guys that are ex Knicks that went some where else and flourished after not playing up to expectations in NY cause of pressure or lack of support from NY media and Fans ask yourself is it us as a city or them as players cause its happened numerous times. Bottome line is just support our guys and have a positive attitude. THANKS!! ENJOY TONIGHTS GAME
    THANK YOU LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!
    http://www.unscriptedent.com Radio Play Mixtape release Friday Oct. 29 Follow me on Twitter @legacy4eva For more info hit me up

vCash
    I love Stat and Melo

It will work

vCash
    I understand that but it's about supporting our players through adversity and hard times. I don't hear heat fans saying trade wade and he hasn't been himself lately at all.

At the end of the day these guys are human no different from me and you. How would you feel if you we're in these guys shoes. How you expect to do better when all you hear is negativity from fans and read it in the papers.
    Honestly, I hate when people say this type of stuff, but I wouldn't care all that much if I was making 100M to play my favorite sport. Obviously, they are humans, but your a superstar athlete, you get all the praise when things are good and people pat you all over the dick for everything, when things aren't good your gonna hear it.

That is the nature of this business.

And Heat fans were actually saying trade Wade earlier this season, its just a small market and small time fan base and it doesn't get blown up as much all over the internet.

Either way, Wade is the best Heat player of all time and responsible for their only two titles. Lets not get carried away here.

All in all, I do understand what your trying to say. But its not going to change anything. I try to get people to not overreact on a nightly basis but it happens and I have been guilty before as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast