Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    The only way I'd see dirk getting traded, is if he wanted out but we all know he'd never do that

vCash
    heyyyy nice german don't know that you speak german ^^

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    The key thing is when Dirk has done interviews, he actually mentions cap space and the idea of financial flexibility that Mark and Donnie have aimed for. The shot and miss on Deron Williams he acknowledges and going into FA 2013 the same goal. He's of course sad and maybe frustrated with not having the gang from 10-11 back, but he's open to the plan and has trust in the MBT to end his career competing.

vCash
    dirk is dirk and will ever be dirk so plz close this thread
    dirk = mavericks 4 life
    BUT on the other site i wish dirk would go out more and say cuban/donnie what he wants and wishes... i know that the FO have ever talked to dirk but to me dirk is not loud enough. he has to go to cuban knock him down and say "lets rock this ****ing **** give me players who can win and play especially on the defense and hey ho lets go"

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    once a Buck always a Buck.

vCash
    Mavs fans should want Dirk traded to a contender so he can get another title and this team can rebuild. Let's be real, winning the chip with Dirk was GREAT and he DESERVED it. The dude can ball and after the finals upset to Miami, revenge was freakin sweet! But it's clear now that Dirk can help a team that just needs that missing piece, that skilled veteran player. The mavs probably (never say never no matter how small the chance is) not win another championship with Dirk so it is best to ship him to get a contedender, get some pieces and rebuild for the next run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedfactor View Post
    The key thing is when Dirk has done interviews, he actually mentions cap space and the idea of financial flexibility that Mark and Donnie have aimed for. The shot and miss on Deron Williams he acknowledges and going into FA 2013 the same goal. He's of course sad and maybe frustrated with not having the gang from 10-11 back, but he's open to the plan and has trust in the MBT to end his career competing.
    It's looking like we were fortunate we didn't land D-Will. He's been awful for a superstar this year.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    He will bounce back im sure, hope not though lol

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedfactor View Post
    Dallas is gonna be the top place for free agency this year. no sign and trades anymore so the big players can't sign with other big market teams over the cap.

vCash
    What else is Dirk supposed to say anyway if asked? Situation is worse enough, also no one thought he'd be away for that long. Team on paper looks good, so did the Odom idea too but we're not in the seedings yet, nor close. We got to attack and hope but so do other teams too (Lakers, Utah, Minny, Portland for example). So if he's saying that everythings the Mavs do/did was false and sucks... then good night Dallas. Last chance gone.

What's the chance to make the play offs this year? What you guys think? I think there's only a chance of 30% at best - as of today. Don't know what it looks like in aweek or two.

On the other side.... Spurs did miss the play offs once too when Robinson was injured, since then they constantly improved/adjusted their roster, won multiple championships.... they used the right draft picks, sure got lucky too here and there, but they've made it over the years and not everything went smoothly each year. Not saying that we can do the same but things that might look horrible now can turn out good some day - hopefully rather soon.

vCash
    Why is Dallas the top place to go? Just because of the cap space? I'm not convinced by all this talking. To sign a player or players that you need, star players, it might take a lot more. Perspective, esteem, acceptance, respect, money too among other things but I'm no player, what's better I think.

It JUST needed one trade for ****ing Joe Johnson, who in my opinion isn't worth his money sicne years, nevertheless he's still producing but in my eyes he's not worth it due to other things... that's all it took to steal us Deron.

What might have been good for us anyway. No Paul. No Howard. No Bynum. To me it doesn't matter how often they say how close everything was... they are not here. Maybe they don't feel comfortable playing here, maybe it's the market and recognition, maybe it's our staff and style of basketball...or maybe it's because the head of our franchise is taking time off instead of taking care of business.

This franchise is trying a lot to improve and to straighten things out for the future - and no, I can't say nothing against that but everytime when it's close or when it's about taking some risk, they are too reserved and passive, relying upon the advantage or the joker, they think, that they might have above all the other teams. There is no superior basis of negotiation, except for the cap space but if that ever works out and how much the power inside the NBA will shift through that... it's all nice theory, written on paper but not set in stone.

It's like an excuse for us already, like a drowning men catching at a straw. We do have the space and flexibility...it must work out, because everything else is screaming out, come here, stay here and age with us in success, which we'll have, no doubt.
    Last edited by AnthonyTyrael; 01-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.

vCash
    It wasn't just joe that Kept deron with the nets.

It was that they already had brook Lopez. They got Gerald Wallace. On paper that sounded like a pretty good team. The nets organization also gave deron a lot of power.

But why wouldn't free agents want to come to Dallas? We had like 11 straight 50 win seasons. 2 finals appearances and a championship. Players see this and know the mavs organization knows how to build a contender.

vCash
    And except for rebounds, still, Lopez is (half-way) living up to expecatations for the first time. So who else they got to make them a good franchise? Zero on paper. Everybody is hitting on Deron today... he says he's played too much and this and that... but he's played like that, except a few games above, for years now. So has Johnson. Wallace being the only one you can count on. So besides that, the new arena, and a guy who is running that team with lots of money but no idea of the game... what else is good about Brooklyn? And what kept our other targets from signing here?

What's the reason we had all those seasons? What's the reason we didn't win with Walker, Jamison, Nash, Finley, why didn't we beat Miami the first time, except for the bad calls?

Sports isn't easy to pretend. Free agents are coming here but not those that really help us build a team around for the next deacade. There's no one to hand the torch over yet, not even Mayo. It's like we're always in the talk but only misused for better negotiations.

They've seen us build championship caliber teams but they've also seen us tear apart a team.

We'll see what we'll get and where we are going next off season but I highly doubt the outcome. We'll do a lot, I'm trusting Cuban, we will do anything to improve, we even might sign some great players but it's not going to lift us anywhere close to the top. We're not Miami, LA, NY, OKC, the Spurs... then there are younger, promising teams around too. I dunno. I'd think twice but I'll calm down and just let things develope naturally and hope for the best.
    Last edited by AnthonyTyrael; 01-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.

vCash
    I can't see Dirk in another NBA uniform

vCash
    It should be quite apparent that big name free agents in their prime DO NOT WANT TO COME or live in Dallas for whatever reason.. Not as glamorous as So Cal, Miami Beach or NYC/Brooklyn. Let's face it unless we happen to hit the lottery (literally) with a young stud like Durrant we may be facing years of mediocrity. Breaking the band up too soon may be looked at as a monumental failure if we live in the mediocre abyss for the next decade. Perhaps Cubes will sell the team after a few more years like this one..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast