Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is it time to trade Dirk?

I think the best thing for Cuban to do is trade Dirk and try to get into the lottery. Dirk is on the decline with he will still have value to some teams. He should be traded to a contender that can use him like the Lakers or Boston or Philly. We can get some nice pieces back and build around OJ Mayo. Thoughts?

vCash
    He has a No Trade Clause on his Contract..

vCash
    He does? goodbye thread.

vCash

No

That would be dumb to trade our franchise player to rebuild! I think the mavs should wait to see what's available in free agency. Dwight Howard In a mavs uniform would put this team over the top. And they need to get somebody clutch like terry. Mark Cuban would not trade away our best player. Remember in 2011 when cubes said,"we ain't done yet!"

vCash
    yeeeahhhh "WE AIN'T DONE YET "
    i'm with mavsman if we can get dwight and pair him with dirk and mayo we could attack !
    maybe we can resign brand or kaman for less to back up dh12/dirk and sign a pg like calderon who wants to win and can control the game.
    also we would need to push crowder so that he can became an defense anker at the 3

calderon?/mayo/crwoder/dirk/dwight
    collison/danthay jones/carter/brand or kaman/ sarge
    for the bench i don't know right now how much money would have to push our bank with our starting5

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    I really don't see Dwight Leaving LA.

vCash
    ^
    i'm with you !
    don't think dwight will leave but 1% chance is still a chance

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Only if the right deal came along and I don't see that deal coming along.

I'm not sure Dirk coming off of surgery and not 100% right now is going to give you the value you should get with a guy like him.

vCash
    Dirk will be a Mav 4 Life but i cant see cubes pulling the trigger on a trade.
    Hello Mr Crowder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataro41 View Post

vCash
    Realize that this is one of the worst drafts, there's no stars and not deep at all. Dirk isn't getting traded so we can tank for the high lotto. I don't think we'll make the playoffs therefore we'll be in the lower lotto regardless, but trading Dirk isn't in the cards.

vCash
    No,but it is time to realize that this will be an option in the future
    Simple ,if this team isn't good enough to be in the play-off with Dirk(and may be making some noise in the play offs too) ,giving a 20M for a player who will be 35 by the end of the season doesn't make sense,and staying with such a team doesn't make sense for Dirk either

Quote Originally Posted by Mataro41 View Post
    Nope,Dirk previously said he will end his career in Germany

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    Why trade a franchise player who's got a few years left to rebuild around a player who's not even proven to be a franchise player. way too risky. Plus if they did I'd picture the future Mavs to look something like this...with the way things have gone lately

Fisher/Collison/Maynor
    OJ Mayo/Dahntay Jones/Raja Bell
    Matt Barnes/Richard Jefferson/Jerry Stackhouse
    Drew Gooden/Elton Brand/ Brandon Wright (but never play him)
    Shawn Bradley out of retirement/Drummond(but never play him)

but Carlisle begins to like Jerry Stackhouse's demeanor and gives him the start over OJ.

Mavs=random Vets past prime or young role player journey men

vCash
    Dirk will retire before he puts on another teams uniform. I don't think people realize how loyal Dirk is to Donnie, Mark and the city of Dallas. Dirk owns this city. If he wanted to run for mayor, he would ****ing win.

Dirk came into this league as a Mav, he will leave this league as a Mav. I am so sick of this topic. You know what you would get for Dirk? 3 or 4 AWFUL contracts and multiple draft picks. That is all a team would give you for him since he is getting old, is on the decline and makes an *** ton of cash. Not worth it and not fair to Dirk who doesn't want to go anywhere else in the first place.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Dirk is the most loyal player in the league... He retires a Mav!!! The class he shows as a professional day in and out is one we may never see in the NBA ever again.

Hey Dirk... Vielen Dank für alles, was Du für die Stadt Dallas getan haben! Du bist eine wunderbare Basketball-Spieler, sondern auch ein besserer Mensch.

LET'S GO MAVS!!!

MAVSMAN!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast