Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Game Preview: San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks

San Antonio Spurs @ New York Knicks

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
    January 3, 2013, 6:30 PM Spurs Time
    TV: FSSW - RADIO: 1200 AM WOAI

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    GINOBILI'S MISSION FOR THIS SEASON IS CLEAR
    Written by Jose Grijalva

Postseasons have been disappointing for San Antonio Spurs fans lately ever since 2007 when the team won their last NBA championship.

No one can say the Spurs didn't try to win since then, they just didn't have the pieces to put a championship caliber team together. Last year looked promising, but the chemistry the team seemed to build in a small amount of time proved to not be enough when the series against the Oklahoma City Thunder got into high pressure situations.

Now with a full year with the same team (Nando De Colo being the sole new addition), the Spurs are looking now more than ever as the golden opportunity to be the last team standing in June as Manu Ginobili tweeted.

In 2012 with the Spurs we won 81 games of 109 played (74.3%) in 220 days. This year I just want to win the last one in June! #gospursgo — Manu Ginobili (@manuginobili)
    January 1, 2013
    With Ginobili beginning the year with injury and having trouble to get in a groove, this is great news for Spurs fans that he still has the passion for another run at a title. Manu is not the only player playing at a high level right now for the Spurs, but Tim Duncan is looking better than he has since the last time he dominated the postseason in 2003 and Tony Parker is still looking like the team general on the floor and is looking to get things done early in the game without waiting to grind it out to a close finish.

The Spurs are on a mission this year with loads of depth in every position while being able to mix around with different lineups. it seems Ginobili is determined to get one ring for the pinky and one for the thumb for Tim Duncan.

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    ^ I thought this was interesting but I didn't want to start a whole new thread on it. Check it out.

Manu playing like the old Manu as of late. If the team could stay healthy all the way to the post-season, I really feel we can take it all this year boys. They've been playing some unselfish basketball and everyone seems to know their place.

Tonight's game is a good chance to see how we hold up against a real contender. Knicks have also played some unselfish ball; This should be a good test for the Spurs tonight.
    Last edited by AlexTmz2; 01-03-2013 at 04:16 PM.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    This should be a good game. DVR to the rescue. I am looking forward to Duncan abusing Amare (I'm a ***, so I go by Amar'e). It could really go either way.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Is pop planning to bench the big 3 tonight? Anyone know..?

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTmz2 View Post
    Is pop planning to bench the big 3 tonight? Anyone know..?
    He should have, that's for sure. This is exactly why you rest players on the 2nd night of a back to back and 4 in 5 nights. The Spurs (especially the big three) were tired, and you could tell.

vCash
    It didn't help that they had the chance to rest the whole 4th against the Bucks but the bench **** the bed and let them make a game out of it. They were very lucky to only be down 7 heading into the 4th, it was only a matter of time before the Knicks took advantage and pulled away.

vCash
    I wonder if Amare will regain some of his explosiveness. Helooked like Dejuan Blair out there