Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What to do about Linas!

@ekoreen: Linas Kleiza (right knee) didn't practise today. React accordingly.

So he hasn't played the last two games and he's sitting out of practice again. This injury has been a recurring problem...would love to believe he's not actually injured and this is part of holding him off for a trade package but history suggests otherwise.

So, I'm asking what do the Raps do here with this guy? Or more appropriately, what do you suggest they do with him? He could be amnestied - if they won't use it on Bargs, and certainly not Calderon or Amir then Kleiza would be the last option. (I think so anyways, correct me if I'm wrong). Would clear up some financial wiggle room anyways were it to happen.

This is just not a great situation for the team or Kleiza himself, unfortunately he just can't seem to stay healthy. Anyways thoughts about his future with Toronto? how long it lasts, what direction it goes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnsportsfan View Post
    @ekoreen: Linas Kleiza (right knee) didn't practise today. React accordingly.

So he hasn't played the last two games and he's sitting out of practice again. This injury has been a recurring problem...would love to believe he's not actually injured and this is part of holding him off for a trade package but history suggests otherwise.

So, I'm asking what do the Raps do here with this guy? Or more appropriately, what do you suggest they do with him? He could be amnestied - if they won't use it on Bargs, and certainly not Calderon or Amir then Kleiza would be the last option. (I think so anyways, correct me if I'm wrong). Would clear up some financial wiggle room anyways were it to happen.

This is just not a great situation for the team or Kleiza himself, unfortunately he just can't seem to stay healthy. Anyways thoughts about his future with Toronto? how long it lasts, what direction it goes?
    The team isn't allowed to amnesty until the off-season anyways, so it isn't really a consideration at this point. In the off-season they could evaluate whether amnestying Kleiza, Amir or Bargnani makes any sense, but it is far to early to predict whether any of those scenarios are sensible.

What to do with him? Let him heal up and try and earn time on the floor when he gets healthy. Nothing else the team can do at this point.

vCash
    I think he'll be packaged along with Bargnani or Jose if either gets dealt or we'll make a small deal at the deadline where we'll give him up for a player that we'll cut or keep as a 15th man so basically a salary dump.

vCash
    Thanks for the info pebloemer!

@CB29 I'd like to think he can be packaged in a deal, although I don't know what team would take him with his history of injuries. Then again Hoffa WAS traded, which is really just proof that anything can happen! haha

vCash

@CB29 I'd like to think he can be packaged in a deal, although I don't know what team would take him with his history of injuries. Then again Hoffa WAS traded, which is really just proof that anything can happen! haha
    At only 4.6 million per year, I can see some teams taking that risk.

vCash
    Bargs likely get amested as I dont see him getting traded and then use the $10 mil savings to acquire someone else.

Linas is owed $4 mil, not gonna kill you salary cap wise. But if Andrea is traded, amnesty Linas since I dont see it used on Amir and they have no one else to use it on.

vCash
    i think we kept him around for jonas ...

vCash

He's played ok. He's just been pretty inconsistent and recently has been babying for calls. one no call really throws off his game which is why i feel that i'm not as comfortable playing him. He's playing with the whole leagues out to get me mentality which makes it exceedingly difficult to succeed on the court. That being said, he can knock down the 3 and he has a good low post game. I'm sure that many times wouldn't mind him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    i think we kept him around for jonas ...
    Jonas is settling in fine and it doesn't make sense to have a player you don't need on the roster just to make another player feel more comfortable. Sponsoring Jonas's parents or siblings to canada would be a much more cost effective and team effective approach.

vCash
    let him heal and then decide.

vCash
    Get him the **** outta here!!

vCash
    He's had a few big games for us, he might be valuable enough to be packaged with bargs, I'd keep Jose over Linas, but Im not sure why every one is hating on him he's been playing decent with the minutes he's given.

vCash
    deport him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    deport him
    why?

vCash
    His contract for next year is a player option. I have a funny feeling he doesn't pick it up anyways.

Doesn't seem like he will be part of the future going forward and playing time is probably more important to him at this point in his career.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast