Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 101 of 101

Thread: Wolves @ Denver

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    5,816
    vCash
    1500
    As far as a trade with Denver goes, I am just not a fan. Love is the only guy on both teams that can be a go-to player when healthy. Like I have mentioned before, if you trade Love, you trade him for another star player of the same caliber(top 10). The type of package we are talking about from Denver, will be there in Love's last year if he threatens to opt out.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,342
    vCash
    1500
    Are you guys really still talking about trading Love? We would be insane to do that right now. Let this year finish out, and see where we are next year as well. I wouldn't even begin to explore offers until after next year.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    He got a technical in the first half.
    after a dead ball, where he just got stuffed twice, and he was pissed. I didn't really care about that tech. He didn't waste time not getting back due to complaining all night.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    We didn't win because the quality rose after Love left. We won because the team was hungry and lucky. And because Barrea's risks payed off.
    yep. As I stated in the Barea thread, you live or die with JJ. He seems like a midget Peeler with slightly more consistency. Hot or cold. If hot, ride the **** out of them.

    How that little dude continues to carve his way into the paint I will never understand. Imagine if you combined JJ's finishing ability with everything else Rubio has. OMG

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I'm telling you guys, I'm not even a MIN or DEN fan... but Gallo/Faried/Mozzy for Love makes too much sense for both teams.

    MIN shouldn't wait 2 years and watch Love bolt...

    That would be a great team to watch

    Pek
    Faried
    Gallo/ak47
    Shevd
    Rubio/
    Gallo gets by too much on reputation. His 3pt shooting percentage has decreased pretty much every year and he is barely above league average PER at 16.

    Kenneth Faried is Reggie Evans on steroids, but that still leaves him as a role player 4 who isn't likely to ever decrease his fouls unless he gives up his wild style of play (and therefore becomes less effective).

    Mozgov is a nobody right now. Maybe he'll blossom eventually, but what do the Wolves need with him?

    While I'm not 100% opposed to trading Love, this is not at all the right kind of return imo. It's like trading a dollar for two quarters and a nickel.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    5,394
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Gallo gets by too much on reputation. His 3pt shooting percentage has decreased pretty much every year and he is barely above league average PER at 16.

    Kenneth Faried is Reggie Evans on steroids, but that still leaves him as a role player 4 who isn't likely to ever decrease his fouls unless he gives up his wild style of play (and therefore becomes less effective).

    Mozgov is a nobody right now. Maybe he'll blossom eventually, but what do the Wolves need with him?

    While I'm not 100% opposed to trading Love, this is not at all the right kind of return imo. It's like trading a dollar for two quarters and a nickel.
    You won't like him when he's angry??

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,729
    vCash
    2500
    Kenneth Faried is more than "just another role player..." i mean, he is a role player, but not a Reggie Evans type role player...Dennis Rodman was a role player, and made the HOF by being one. I am not putting Faried on Rodman's level, just pointing out that some role players can be major contributors....hell, Kirilenko is a role player, and he has my vote as best player on the Timberwolves this season, thus far.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,112
    vCash
    1500
    You guys are talking about trading love? You really are true mn fans, arent you...
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    You guys are talking about trading love? You really are true mn fans, arent you...
    Actually we just said no to a transfer proposal.

    United we Run

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,729
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    You guys are talking about trading love? You really are true mn fans, arent you...
    No, we really arent talking about it at all. I think some Knicks fan came in here and made a proposal between Denver and Minnesota, and now some of us just mentioned our opinions on it.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Kenneth Faried is more than "just another role player..." i mean, he is a role player, but not a Reggie Evans type role player...Dennis Rodman was a role player, and made the HOF by being one. I am not putting Faried on Rodman's level, just pointing out that some role players can be major contributors....hell, Kirilenko is a role player, and he has my vote as best player on the Timberwolves this season, thus far.
    I think we have different definitions of "role player" because I wouldn't call AK one. Then again, it's probably a poor choice of words on my part. In essence, what I am saying is that Faried is a nice player but he's always going to be limited and on most teams he is a bench player.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •