Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

I know nobody wants to talk about this but.....

What do you all honestly think is gonna happen with Cano? Do any of you realistically see us signing him long term and still sticking to the 189 payroll. Also, if you don't see us signing him, do you see us possibly trading him towards the deadline this year?

I would HATE to see us not trade him because we're in a pennant chase and then we see him leave through free agency in the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomba26 View Post
    What do you all honestly think is gonna happen with Cano? Do any of you realistically see us signing him long term and still sticking to the 189 payroll. Also, if you don't see us signing him, do you see us possibly trading him towards the deadline this year?

I would HATE to see us not trade him because we're in a pennant chase and then we see him leave through free agency in the offseason.
    They should trade. Unfortunately I think they will do something stupid like sign him for 10/200 or let him walk for a pick. Neither is palatable.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    they will sign him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    They should trade. Unfortunately I think they will do something stupid like sign him for 10/200 or let him walk for a pick. Neither is palatable.
    This is a very tenuous situation.

If the franchise signs him for a day over six years or a dollar over twenty five mil annually then it will be considered a mistake of colossiel proportions.

If Cano accepts less than 7-8 years averaged at 26 mil annually (and he could easily get more IMO) it will be considered a letdown of hype and expectations of colossielly proportions.

The fact that there exists almost no gray area or happy medium in this means that ultimately someone is going to lose BIG TIME in this.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    He will be signed. I'm 99.9% confident.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    hell lower his asking price or be traded
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Bob!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    hell lower his asking price or be traded
    I thought both sides have said they're not engaging this topic until next offseason.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I thought both sides have said they're not engaging this topic until next offseason.
    never believe anything anyone in sports says

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Trade him.

David Wright has put up very similar career numbers, he got 19.7m per year. That's what I would pay Cano 6/120m. But we all know that's not going to be good enough for Boras, even if we went 6/140. And we all know Cano isn't going to give the mighty rich Yankees a discount.

So do you really pay him say 7/175? Knowing that he might give you 2-4 great years and then could become another Arod? Players can go into a fast decline at around 32-33 years old without PED's.

And lastly, Cano is a great hitter, but he's never been a true ELITE all around player like Arod, Pujols, Cabrera...etc... Those guys might be worth $25m, but Cano's value lies more around $20m.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Trade him.

David Wright has put up very similar career numbers, he got 19.7m per year. That's what I would pay Cano 6/120m. But we all know that's not going to be good enough for Boras, even if we went 6/140. And we all know Cano isn't going to give the mighty rich Yankees a discount.

So do you really pay him say 7/175? Knowing that he might give you 2-4 great years and then could become another Arod? Players can go into a fast decline at around 32-33 years old without PED's.

And lastly, Cano is a great hitter, but he's never been a true ELITE all around player like Arod, Pujols, Cabrera...etc... Those guys might be worth $25m, but Cano's value lies more around $20m.
    I'm not saying Cano isn't worth money but I could never put him in the same breath as David wright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I'm not saying Cano isn't worth money but I could never put him in the same breath as David wright
    Their numbers are very similar. Cano has shown more power, but Wright gets on base substantially more and steals bases. BA about the same. Then factor in that Cano plays in a HR haven and that Wright plays in a pitchers park. I mean Wright actually has two 30hr seasons despite that, and Cano only 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Their numbers are very similar. Cano has shown more power, but Wright gets on base substantially more and steals bases. BA about the same. Then factor in that Cano plays in a HR haven and that Wright plays in a pitchers park. I mean Wright actually has two 30hr seasons despite that, and Cano only 1.
    I meant to edit my post but my tablet died

Trust me, I'm far from a Cano Supporter. His work ethic leaves much to be desired. He has one of the most beautiful swings I've ever seen. If he put more effort he'd be a even bigger offensive threat.

However, David Wright is the face of the mets, Cano is not the face of the Yankees.

Also Cano is the best at his position. In the league.

David Wright is an average third baseman.

vCash
    never believe anything anyone in sports says
    chip kelly proving my point today

vCash
    chip kelly proving my point today
    He will be worse then reed in my opinion, He's not a Defensive minded coach(which the eagles need)..they didn't have that in Reid either and look where that got them.

The eagles also need a coach to groom a QB, Vick might work in his system, (not wishing this)..but history shows he will get injuried..and Foles is going to need grooming and Kelly isn't strong at grooming QB's, at least not one's who aren't mobile.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast