Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 267

Thread: Manti Te'o

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    16,306
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I think we have to draft him. The only other option that I believe we should consider is trading down and drafting Dee Milliner from Alabama, but with that being said, I think Te'o would have more of a impact than Milliner would have.

    The Lions last 10 LB draft choices:
    1. Hogue, Doug - Syracuse (Waived)
    2. Levy, DeAndre - Wisconsin (Still on team)
    3. Follett, Zack - California (Retired)
    4. Dizon, Jordon - Colorado (Released)
    5. Campbell, Caleb - Army (Waived)
    6. Baldwin, Johnny - Alabama A&M (Released)
    7. Sims, Ernie - Florida St. (Traded)
    8. Cannon, Anthony - Tulane (Released)
    9. Goddard, Johnathan - Marshall (Released)
    10. Lehman, Teddy - Oklahoma (Released)

    Of these 10, IMO, only Levy and Sims are/were capable of playing in the NFL. With Te'o being available at the 5 spot, we have to take him. It's time we took a LB that is more than capable of running our defense. Someone with this much upside and with his leadership, passion, and drive, would be nothing but beneficial for this team.

    This kinda reminds me of the curry talk, But Teo IMO will be a nfl great one day.. this guy has that Ray Lewis intensity about him.. Im just not sure we can pass him up with 2 of our starters FAs.. Resign one and bring in teo..

    #81

    13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,137
    vCash
    4625
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    This kinda reminds me of the curry talk, But Teo IMO will be a nfl great one day.. this guy has that Ray Lewis intensity about him.. Im just not sure we can pass him up with 2 of our starters FAs.. Resign one and bring in teo..
    So who would you rather resign? Levy or Tulloch?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    So who would you rather resign? Levy or Tulloch?
    Tulloch is under contract. Levy and Durant are the free agents. It's a hard chioce durant is the more physical run stopper Levy is more athletic. I would have to say keep Durant.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    I got a severe feeling Manti Te'o is the 2013 Janoris Jankins.


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    16,306
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    So who would you rather resign? Levy or Tulloch?
    If we draft Teo, Both can walk really.. Depends on what they want $ wise tho, If we can resign one as a stop gap for a year or two while we sure up the DE position and CBs im cool with that too..


    IDK tho.. Levy? Durant? they are about equal IMO, It really all depends on who would fit better if we were to draft teo..

    #81

    13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,137
    vCash
    4625
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman127 View Post
    Tulloch is under contract. Levy and Durant are the free agents. It's a hard chioce durant is the more physical run stopper Levy is more athletic. I would have to say keep Durant.
    Ah, my mistake. Yea I agree with that. Durant is much more consistent than Levy was. At times it looked like Levy was our best linebacker but at other times, he was nonexistent. A stat I found interesting, may not really mean anything seeing how Levy missed the two games against Seattle and Jacksonville but in the Lions' 4 wins this season:

    Durant: 34 Tackles
    Levy: 7 Tackles

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    vCash
    1500
    I'll take Levy over Durant if we get rid of the wide 9. That will allow levy to run free because the guards should be getting eaten by our dline and not have a free shot at our Linebackers and secondary. Durant is great at filling the wholes and is awesome when the play is ran right at him but he can not read a play. For instance when Jay Cutler was scrambling for that key first down Durant is the guy who clears out to cover the wr and continue to cover the wr while the qb breaks the line of scrimmage, and then blocks the wr while cutler runs passed him.

    I just sat in my chair yelling God dammit Durant turn your dumbass around and make the play.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    I'm curious to see how the BCS Bowl might affect his mock draft ranking. If the guy tears it up, he might not even make it to us!


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    11,504
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    I got a severe feeling Manti Te'o is the 2013 Janoris Jankins.
    Oh really? How many kids does he have?

    But seriously, I'm totally on board on taking Te'o... At first I wasn't so sure if he was worthy of us taking him simply because of the defense we run. But I'm confident that he can adjust & play just as well in a 4-3, and you can just tell he's a good kid and a defensive leader.



    AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    13,223
    vCash
    500
    Would anyone trade us for Tulloch???

    Who out there needs a MLB? There are a ton of things we could take in return.


    2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

    Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    1,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Would anyone trade us for Tulloch???

    Who out there needs a MLB? There are a ton of things we could take in return.
    I don't think so.

    There wasn't really any interest in Tulloch last year at the contract he wanted. So I don't know who would pick up his contract now.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    13,223
    vCash
    500
    What about Tulloch, our 2 & 3 for Rice?

    Probably not.

    Before everyone jumps down my throat for trading depth...we would walk out of the draft with Te'o and Ray Rice. I highly doubt Baltimore would do that though. And we couldn't afford Rice anyways. Damn.

    #pipedream


    2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

    Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    1,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    What about Tulloch, our 2 & 3 for Rice?

    Probably not.

    Before everyone jumps down my throat for trading depth...we would walk out of the draft with Te'o and Ray Rice. I highly doubt Baltimore would do that though. And we couldn't afford Rice anyways. Damn.

    #pipedream
    I understand where u are coming from but I just don't think we can give up that much for any one player.

    I know I have probably said this before, but we are more than one good player away from the post-season....even if that player is Teo. The only way I think we can make the jump back into the post-season is if we get 4-5 needs filled in the first 3 rounds.

    Before I did that trade with Rice, I would spend a mid-round pick to land Lattimore and keep him on PUP for a season until he is 100%. I know that contradicts what I usually like Mayhew to do, but Lattimore will be back at 100% and will be a top 10 RB in the NFL.........better than Trent Richardson coming out last season.....there u go wholigun.....now people can jump on me lol!!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    13,223
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    I understand where u are coming from but I just don't think we can give up that much for any one player.

    I know I have probably said this before, but we are more than one good player away from the post-season....even if that player is Teo. The only way I think we can make the jump back into the post-season is if we get 4-5 needs filled in the first 3 rounds.

    Before I did that trade with Rice, I would spend a mid-round pick to land Lattimore and keep him on PUP for a season until he is 100%. I know that contradicts what I usually like Mayhew to do, but Lattimore will be back at 100% and will be a top 10 RB in the NFL.........better than Trent Richardson coming out last season.....there u go wholigun.....now people can jump on me lol!!
    I think the silver lining of this offseason is that all of our "expert" opinions would make this team better. We are not talking about a 10 win team looking for that last piece of the puzzle (even though we thought we were close to that last year). We are a 4 win joke of a franchise that continues to lose no matter what. So most of the scenarios and mocks we post here every day would actually work.

    Its just funny that with all these seemingly simple solutions, the Lions always find a way to pick a direction we never thought of, and its usually the wrong one.

    I have a huge problem with the "brains" of the NFL...the coaches, GMs, owners, etc. It seems like they are terrified of doing the normal thing. 4th and 1? Lets throw a bomb. 3rd and 25? Delayed handoff. Saints killed us in the secondary to knock us out of the playoffs? Let the #2 corner walk and replace him with mid-late round rookies.

    This team has no leader on defense, drafting Te'o is a...

    #nobrainer


    2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

    Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    594
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I think the silver lining of this offseason is that all of our "expert" opinions would make this team better. We are not talking about a 10 win team looking for that last piece of the puzzle (even though we thought we were close to that last year). We are a 4 win joke of a franchise that continues to lose no matter what. So most of the scenarios and mocks we post here every day would actually work.

    Its just funny that with all these seemingly simple solutions, the Lions always find a way to pick a direction we never thought of, and its usually the wrong one.

    I have a huge problem with the "brains" of the NFL...the coaches, GMs, owners, etc. It seems like they are terrified of doing the normal thing. 4th and 1? Lets throw a bomb. 3rd and 25? Delayed handoff. Saints killed us in the secondary to knock us out of the playoffs? Let the #2 corner walk and replace him with mid-late round rookies.

    This team has no leader on defense, drafting Te'o is a...

    #nobrainer
    how is it a no brainer when tulloch just signed a 5 year 25million dollar contract? nor is it a no brainer to know for sure he can be an elite OLB. which is what he would need to be to validate a 5th overall pick

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •