Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Manti is 100% what we need! He is the reason we will not trade down in the first round. We will never have to worry about him going to the clink either. Cut Levy or Durant, play Palmer and Te'o at the other position. Manti will earn his spot. Not worried!
    Nah we can have stars in detroit, we gotta draft another WR.. ask kingwood..

57 Rec - 882 Yards -6 TD

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Manti is 100% what we need! He is the reason we will not trade down in the first round. We will never have to worry about him going to the clink either. Cut Levy or Durant, play Palmer and Te'o at the other position. Manti will earn his spot. Not worried!
    Nah we can have stars in detroit, we gotta draft another WR.. ask kingwood..
    Was it even necessary to involve me in your post why don't you invite the players to your glory hole
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    I been on board with Te'o for awhile.

We got a top 5 pick this year. It's a blessing in disguise. Last year we thought we were on the up and up, didn't get any immediate help, and lost a lot of close games because of it, usually beating ourselves(or shooting our selves in the foot repetitively at least).

Well now we got a lot of talent moving forward from last years draft(broyles, Reiff,Bentley, and green) all look like they could stick. We should see more from the others next year.

Add in our top 5 talent and we could really pull a big swing in a year.

There are so many leaders in the draft and they are littered through out each part of the draft. It will be interesting to see.

I mean imagine walking away with Te'o, Barrett jones or Jonathan cooper, and chase Thomas in the 3rd. These are 4 highly regarded prospects and leaders of their teams.

In Doing this we could also use a lot of different looks which would be awesome to see

The lions biggest problem is we always wanna draft the best athlete and can't settle with the hard nose guys that keep teams like the steelers or 9ers or ravens love. Those are franchise builders.
    Last edited by JMDTM; 01-04-2013 at 03:57 AM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    the Tight End from MSU is leaving this year...Sims is a huge target that I wouldn't mind taking a shot at in the 4th or 5th round if he is still there.

vCash
    Detroit does not play weak and strongside linebacker, we play left and right side. Shawrtz stated he values linebackers that can play both sides regardless of how the offense lines up. In a nickel formation Tulloch and Teo would be awsome together. Tulloch grades out as one of the better MLB's in coverage and this is also a strong point of Teo.

My dream scenario:
    1. Teo 1st rd
    2. LSU safety Eric Reid/ OU safety Tony Jefferson or comparable SS 2nd rd.
    3. Resign Avirl, Delmas, durant/levy and Houston to fair deals.
    4. Philly parts ways with Nnamdi for us to sign him.
    5. Titus Young gets his head out his *** and plays well
    6. Find some resemblence of a running game from either trading for D.williams Carolina, or draft/free agent some one decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    why is having the 3/4 a mandatory move to have teo...Tulloch is not so great that we can't move on from him. I don't care what his contract is we can easily cut him this is the NFL and contracts rarely effect the cap hit. Draft teo, package or cut Tulloch and this defense is better vs. the run already and is better against TE going across the middle. Hell Teo would sniff and snuff out most of these damn screens we see through out the year as well.

We do need to get rid of the wide 9 as our base defense though.
    Schwartz won't allow cutting his guy from the team. You might as well fire him if you're cutting Tulloch.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Whoever says we need to run a 3-4 just because we draft Manti is living a pipe dream. He can play in any system, especially ours!
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman127 View Post
    Detroit does not play weak and strongside linebacker, we play left and right side. Shawrtz stated he values linebackers that can play both sides regardless of how the offense lines up. In a nickel formation Tulloch and Teo would be awsome together. Tulloch grades out as one of the better MLB's in coverage and this is also a strong point of Teo.

My dream scenario:
    1. Teo 1st rd
    2. LSU safety Eric Reid/ OU safety Tony Jefferson or comparable SS 2nd rd.
    3. Resign Avirl, Delmas, durant/levy and Houston to fair deals.
    4. Philly parts ways with Nnamdi for us to sign him.
    5. Titus Young gets his head out his *** and plays well
    6. Find some resemblence of a running game from either trading for D.williams Carolina, or draft/free agent some one decent.
    You think the Lions have money to re-sign Avril, AND sign Nnamdi?? More like pipe dream scenario!!

On a side note...what round would you be comfortable drafting Denard in? With Best gone, his speed could come in handy from time to time. Maybe 5th round?

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    KVB, Corey Williams, Buerleson and possibly Jeff backus saleries could be dropped this year clearing alot of space. Remember.... the lions attempted to draw in Nnamdi prior to him signing with phillie. Staffords extention combined with dropping dead weight could give us a lot of wiggle room. Dont listen to media pundits regarding our saleries. There the same people who said we could not possibly resign calvin with a mega deal due to stafford and Suhs contract. The same people that said we could not retain tulloch or afford to tag Avirl.

vCash
    As in Denard Robinson? no round at all unless he is 4.3 fast which I dont think he is.

vCash
    Never mind. Im an idiot.

vCash

Manti Te'o

I personally don't think denard gets drafted he is not a qb or a rb so you gotta figure where to put him

vCash
    Just imagine Robinson coming on an end around and then throwing a 50 yard jump ball to Calvin. Keep that one under the hat until the Super Bowl and have a quick 6 points waiting.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Just imagine Robinson coming on an end around and then throwing a 50 yard jump ball to Calvin. Keep that one under the hat until the Super Bowl and have a quick 6 points waiting.

Here we go with the end around

vCash
    I think we have to draft him. The only other option that I believe we should consider is trading down and drafting Dee Milliner from Alabama, but with that being said, I think Te'o would have more of a impact than Milliner would have.

The Lions last 10 LB draft choices:
    1. Hogue, Doug - Syracuse (Waived)
    2. Levy, DeAndre - Wisconsin (Still on team)
    3. Follett, Zack - California (Retired)
    4. Dizon, Jordon - Colorado (Released)
    5. Campbell, Caleb - Army (Waived)
    6. Baldwin, Johnny - Alabama A&M (Released)
    7. Sims, Ernie - Florida St. (Traded)
    8. Cannon, Anthony - Tulane (Released)
    9. Goddard, Johnathan - Marshall (Released)
    10. Lehman, Teddy - Oklahoma (Released)

Of these 10, IMO, only Levy and Sims are/were capable of playing in the NFL. With Te'o being available at the 5 spot, we have to take him. It's time we took a LB that is more than capable of running our defense. Someone with this much upside and with his leadership, passion, and drive, would be nothing but beneficial for this team.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast