Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I already posted the Notre Dame schedule, and it wasnt a weak one. They played 4 top 25 teams, and USC which finished unranked. Throw in a few other tough teams and his season was very impressive.

No doubt that game was a disappointment, and has made everyone take a step back on this guy, but to say he is not a 1st round pick because of one game is moronic.

#moronic!
    who said this?

every mock has him outside of the top 15 now and some into the 20's. yes, he could fall, but right now that is what it looks like

#itsawesomewhenyoumaketagsallthetime
    Last edited by brandonjw18; 01-09-2013 at 04:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    You can definitely argue he faced a practical NFL team in Alabama. But he did it on a team full of college players - not all NFL caliber players on the other side of the ball, too!

You can't pull from the one poor game your entire argument on the kid, and completely discredit their otherwise undefeated season and everything else he did. He very well may not be worth the #5 pick...but all I'm saying is we didn't see that proven on Monday night. It'll be proven at the combine, and with pro days.
    i understand your point. the whole team was over matched and that hurt him. i just think he would have stood out positively in some fashion if he was as good as the hype.

player's draft stock go up after a solid performance in a bowl game. the same happens when severly under performs in a big bowl game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonjw18 View Post
    who said this?

every mock has him outside of the top 15 now and some into the 20's. yes, he could fall, but right now that is what it looks like

#itsawesomewhenyoumaketagsallthetime
    being elite is subjective. i consider elite normally top 5 to top 10 depending on the depth. players that are usually a cant miss, no brainer and with little or no question marks. he was extremely over matched by nfl caliber players in that game. imo, that is a red flag/big question mark. i just cant put him in that elite category any more.

not going first round, it could happen if he does not have a good combine. i am not sure why it is so hard to believe, it happens every year where athletes slip or fall out of their projected draft position.
    #thanksforlikingmytags

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    player's draft stock go up after a solid performance in a bowl game. the same happens when severly under performs in a big bowl game.
    Very true...but once combine time comes around, typically a whole lot of that +/- over a single game is minimized.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    #thanksforlikingmytags
    i guess you pick and choose what you want to read to support your arguments.

#moronic

vCash
    i guess you pick and choose what you want to read to support your arguments.

#moronic
    You tell me what parts you actually mean from now on.

#hypocrite

vCash
    It doesn't matter what his draft stock was. That's just hyp crap that Kiper and McShay spew. Wonder why there are risers and fallers on draft day? The guys who actually research the performances and apply them are the ones who actually get a job for a team. Wonder why Kiper was shocked Bruce Irvin went high? Kiper doesn't research, he just spews what his interns tell him. He's done the same with Te'o. They don't apply it to football. For some reason 7 INT's means he's good in coverage. And guess what, Bruce Irvin led all rookies in sacks when he was splitting time with Clemons. There's a reason why that Seattle staff has a job with an NFL team while Kiper works on his make up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDOG_det View Post
    It doesn't matter what his draft stock was. That's just hyp crap that Kiper and McShay spew. Wonder why there are risers and fallers on draft day? The guys who actually research the performances and apply them are the ones who actually get a job for a team. Wonder why Kiper was shocked Bruce Irvin went high? Kiper doesn't research, he just spews what his interns tell him. He's done the same with Te'o. They don't apply it to football. For some reason 7 INT's means he's good in coverage. And guess what, Bruce Irvin led all rookies in sacks when he was splitting time with Clemons. There's a reason why that Seattle staff has a job with an NFL team while Kiper works on his make up.
    Manziel won the Heisman beating Te'o 2000 votes to 1700.

I wasn't aware that Kiper had 1700 Heisman votes. That's bull chit! Why on earth would he get so many votes??? As if that is fair at all. Who does he think he is with all those.....what?...he only gets 1 vote?....1699 other people thought that Te'o should have won the Heisman too? But....that super smart iDog due had Kiper all figured out. Oh I get it. Kiper was not 32 of 32 in last year's draft. That's why he only has one vote.

#

vCash
    Manziel won the Heisman beating Te'o 2000 votes to 1700.

I wasn't aware that Kiper had 1700 Heisman votes. That's bull chit! Why on earth would he get so many votes??? As if that is fair at all. Who does he think he is with all those.....what?...he only gets 1 vote?....1699 other people thought that Te'o should have won the Heisman too? But....that super smart iDog due had Kiper all figured out. Oh I get it. Kiper was not 32 of 32 in last year's draft. That's why he only has one vote.

#
    You know it's a point system right? Also, Jadeveon Clowney was by far the best defensive player, not Te'o. Te'o shouldn't have sniffed the heisman. Hell, Te'o wasn't even the best player on the ND defense. That's Louis Nix III BY FAR. And, of course the heisman is an accurate report of how good a player will be in the NFL, right? So, Tebow will be a great NFL player right? I don't get how the heisman voting proves how good he is. Also, the INTS he got were off of tipped passes. Dumb luck. Those 7 INTS got him that heisman consideration. Dumb freaking luck. Also, idiots like Kiper, think that INTS mean good coverage. False. Te'o being on a good defense makes him good? False. Te'o being 255 pounds with big arms makes him a good run stopper, right? False. Its a bunch of bull that you bought into, and you are arguing sonething you have no clue about.

Humor me. Explain why Te'o is worth a top 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 1st round pick. Explain any of those, I beg you. (it's fine because I know you won't). Remember, explain, not 3 word sentences. Give me why.

vCash
    If Te'o played last night, the way he played all year, all you people who watch 1 college game a year would be gushing over this guy.

#aaroncurry
    If you actually have watched Te'o all year, the game against Alabama is actually how he played all year. People just think he's great because of all the Heisman talk and how the media over hypes him.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I guess I just finally realized that rocket is the only one around here that knows anything and the rest of you guys are dicks.

vCash
    [QUOTE=brandonjw18;25029278]

We also know that heisman finalists, let alone heisman winners do not translate into nfl caliber players. Thats not to say Te'o will be a bust, but he should no longer be considered elite during draft day. Unless he has a good combine, he may not be drafted in the 1st round.
    QUOTE]

not going first round, it could happen if he does not have a good combine. i am not sure why it is so hard to believe, it happens every year where athletes slip or fall out of their projected draft position.
    You tell me what parts you actually mean from now on.

#hypocrite
    nice try

ill say it again, if he does not have a good combine he MAY not get drafted in the 1st round. the second time I spoke of it, i was replying to Driz about what I first said.

In re-recap-In this case, not a good combine means: average, sub-par, below average, bad, awful=will not get him drafted in the 1st round

If it is still unclear maybe you should go to Derek Zoolanders school for children who can't read good

It seems your man love for Te'o is blinding you

#keepupthecooltagsbro

vCash
    I'm not gonna bother anymore. Te'o is a very good player, and will be in the NFL. If the Lions drafted him, I would be a happy camper, and I think he would do a great job of leading the D.

For everyone else who suddenly is an expert on the guy after watching one game, yes...you're right. He had a terrible game. But all the other stuff you guys are making up is ridiculous.

All the games he was a huge part of winning, all the great plays, highlight reels, the big stats, the heisman votes and all the experts are completely meaningless. Your masterful skills of fast forwarding your tivo for half a quarter of football, then shutting it off and reading the next day about how Te'o disappointed. Yes. That's the more valid point.

#ADDgeneration

vCash
    Funny, all the stuff you say I do, is probably what you do. lol. But really, heisman votes, stats, freaking highlights don't matter, and especially what the 'experts' say (Kiper, McShay are not experts).

Stuff I'm making up? Like what?

Te'o takes advantage of being unblocked. That's how a 3-4 works with an elite NT. Not my fault if you don't know that. Also not my fault if you don't know he won't get straight lanes to the RB all day in the NFL.

vCash
    He got the hype because it's ND. They are built on hype. ND goes undefeated and they will find someone on the team to have at the Heisman presentation show.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDOG_det View Post
    Also, the INTS he got were off of tipped passes. Dumb luck. Those 7 INTS got him that heisman consideration. Dumb freaking luck.
    Once you tell me SEVEN - not one, two, three, four, five, or even six - but SEVEN interceptions by a linebacker is just dumb luck - your other arguments become invalid.

To say dumb luck occurred SEVEN times, is just plain DUMB.

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast